Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #141
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Versteeg via text: understands it's a business for both sides, but wants & hopes to be back in Cgy.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 03:17 PM   #142
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
Is there a place where we are discussing which RFA's receive or don't receive qualifying offers? I believe the deadline was 5PM ET today.
When it's announced sureLoss will more than likely start a thread with the info in it.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #143
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Versteeg via text: understands it's a business for both sides, but wants & hopes to be back in Cgy.
Really hope we can make this happen; he was a great addition to the team last year.
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #144
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Wow ....can't wait to see what happens with Kris. I loved watching him get under Perry's skin in the ducks series.

He played so well all year and I hope by not qualifying Chiasson that he'll be back. I doubt he gets offered anywhere near 3 mill as he shouldn't be paid more than 1.75 really....but what do I know. ...just like the player and what he brought to the flames last year.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:49 PM   #145
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sounds like multiple teams are interested in Versteeg if Calgary doesn't re-sign him prior to July 1st.

CPHL Dallas Stars
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #146
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rrent98 View Post
Sounds like multiple teams are interested in Versteeg if Calgary doesn't re-sign him prior to July 1st.
Some might be just checking if there's another bargain contract to be had. Hard to say how many are serious enough to make a competitive offer.

A definite plus of the Hamonic deal is that it's a clear signal the Flames are going for it right now. That always interests UFA's.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:08 PM   #147
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

I haven't seen this being discussed anywhere so I thought I'd bring it up here, what are we expecting for Ferland's contract?

I say this as a Ferland fan-boy and someone who is really bad at predicting contracts but what do people think of a $2 mil X 4 year contract? If management feels like Ferland is a good long-term bet would that be a fair offer? Would he accept that?
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:52 PM   #148
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
I haven't seen this being discussed anywhere so I thought I'd bring it up here, what are we expecting for Ferland's contract?

I say this as a Ferland fan-boy and someone who is really bad at predicting contracts but what do people think of a $2 mil X 4 year contract? If management feels like Ferland is a good long-term bet would that be a fair offer? Would he accept that?
I see where you are going with that but would try to stick to a shorter term at or below that 2M mark. A 2 x 1.5 to1.75 would nail it home. I love Ferly but you want to keep the incomsistent guys a year or two away from their next contract negotiation.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #149
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
I see where you are going with that but would try to stick to a shorter term at or below that 2M mark. A 2 x 1.5 to1.75 would nail it home. I love Ferly but you want to keep the incomsistent guys a year or two away from their next contract negotiation.
I am with you here. Long term contracts, regardless of dollar, should be based out judiciously by an organization IMO, to either stars or proven consistent performers. Even if it means you miss out on an occasional good deal.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #150
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
I say this as a Ferland fan-boy and someone who is really bad at predicting contracts but what do people think of a $2 mil X 4 year contract?
I think anyone you'd want to give a 4 year contract to should make more then 2M dollars. I would not give him that deal... his range of outcomes is to wide for me to want to commit to that term. I like Ferland but if he ends up as a 4th line energy player then that's far to much money for far to long. He's a guy you bridge not commit to long-term.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #151
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to admit I see the attraction of a long term low dollar contract for Ferland. Could turn out like Glencross, and by that I mean when he scored 116 points in 3 seasons for 1.2M per. That kind of value would be sweet in the cap world.

Of course it could turn out to be a Bouma contract. But honestly, even though I'm not the biggest Ferland fan on the forum, I wouldn't be against giving him 3 seasons.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:32 PM   #152
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

My guess is that Ferland's will come in very similar to the contract Kassian just signed ($1.95M for three years).