Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #21
Par
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
They hang up fast.

Both guys are still in their 20s and consistent 40-50 point 20goal guys with good defence. Why would they move them for that package ?

I would not trade Kylington, unless, it was part of a very nice package, Kylington was supposed to be a first round pick. We should not trade Kylington(especially to the Red Wings, the way they develop European players, they will turn Kylington, into Lidstrom), unless it was part a package for a huge impact player.

I thought Tomas Tatar or Gustav Nyquist, could be had for cheap.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #22
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed on Kylington as I would only be okay moving him for an elite player like a Landeskog or something along those lines (obviously Kylington would just be a piece
In a package deal)

Speaking of Tatar and Nyquist. Wasn't it rumored Feaster was offered both for Bouw in 2013 but he wanted a first round pick so he took the Blues garbage offer instead?
Old 01-05-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Agreed on Kylington as I would only be okay moving him for an elite player like a Landeskog or something along those lines (obviously Kylington would just be a piece
In a package deal)

Speaking of Tatar and Nyquist. Wasn't it rumored Feaster was offered both for Bouw in 2013 but he wanted a first round pick so he took the Blues garbage offer instead?
What! I never knew that. Wow turn down two top 6 players for scraps lol.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #24
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I believe the rumor was Detroit offered one or the other for Bouw, and Feaster wanted the 1st as well.

Just had to have Emile Poirier, I guess. Nyquist would sure look good on the top line...
Old 01-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #25
spennywalks
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Johnny is in his 3rd year in the league and is only 23. i wouldn't be worried about "wasting" his prime years for another 2 years. he has room to grow.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #26
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1647885
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #27
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default 2016/2017 Trade Speculation and Rumors

Adrian Dater on Twitter mentioning that the Avs and Bruins have had discussion on Landeskog.

Says the Avs wanted something around Carlo, but the Bruins countered with Zboril who is too unproven.

Mentions that Debrusk, Zboril, Morrow, and a first could be part of a potential package
Old 01-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #28
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

And as for wasting Johnnys Prime I wouldn't worry. I would however worry about Gio. It would be ideal to compete before he really begins to slow down and anchor that contract.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #29
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Which is actually a good example of why you should never report someone's report of what they heard someone else say on the radio.

I don't believe the original podcast is online anymore, but I remember listening to it when it was originally posted, and this is what I posted at the time: http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?p=4726539

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Has anyone actually listened to what was said?

Here's the entire segment from TSN Radio in Toronto yesterday: http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#id=30764

Near the end of the segment (I can't get the player to fast-forward or jump to a time, so you have to listen to the whole thing), it's actually Dave Hodge who brings it up, and he says that he heard the Wings were offering Nyquist and Tatar for Iginla. Then, McKenzie says that he had heard that it was Bouwmeester, or possibly someone else that Detroit was after.

After listening to it, I'd say it doesn't sound like he's overly confident about what exactly the final offer from the Wings was, or who would have been going back the other way.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #30
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Versteeg (Scoring)
Tkachuk - Bennett - Landeskog (Hard Nosed, Good D, Scoring)
Frolik - Backlund - Brouwer (Scoring, elite D, some grit, Speed!)
Ferland - Stajan - Hathaway (Whatever you want to call it)

I'm sorry guys but if we can create a forward Corp like that by moving a guy like Kylington I'm doing it easily. That is forward depth that is going to be incredibly hard to shut down in the playoffs, and complete warriors through out. Landeskog, Tkachuk, Bennett, Hathaway, Ferland, Brouwer...

Landeskog is on a sweet heart deal as well.

Edit - Honestly imagine coaching and playing against that. How do you shut it down ? The amount of physicality through that forward Corp is going to run down teams in a 7 game series

Last edited by Monahan For Mayor; 01-05-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #31
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Adrian Dater on Twitter mentioning that the Avs and Bruins have had discussion on Landeskog.

Says the Avs wanted something around Carlo, but the Bruins countered with Zboril who is too unproven.

Mentions that Debrusk, Zboril, Morrow, and a first could be part of a potential package
Bruins need a Dman but Landeskog is their type of player
Old 01-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #32
Tbull8
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post

So essentially they'd be trading away Dougie Hamilton, 2 firsts, and morrow for landeskog and 2 seconds?
Old 01-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #33
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbull8 View Post
So essentially they'd be trading away Dougie Hamilton, 2 firsts, and morrow for landeskog and 2 seconds?
You have to give to get.

They took magic beans for dougie. Trying to convert those magic beans into a top line player. Can't blame them. Can't see any of those pieces ending up better than Landy so they would win the trade.

But praise be, finally a legit trade rumour
Old 01-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #34
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Friedman on 960 speculates that the Kings and Avs could make a deal for Duchene. He says that is not based on any inside information.

He also said he thinks Chicago and LA are getting itchy trigger fingers and want to make a trade but the problem is everything is tight right now. Chicago wants a winger that can play with Toews.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:34 AM   #35
The Hendog
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Friedman on 960 speculates that the Kings and Avs could make a deal for Duchene. He says that is not based on any inside information.

He also said he thinks Chicago and LA are getting itchy trigger fingers and want to make a trade but the problem is everything is tight right now. Chicago wants a winger that can play with Toews.
Surprised he was willing to speculate so much on Calgary radio after what happened last time

I assume he made the part in bold above very very very clear

Edit: on a side note I was so interested in listening to the first part of the Friedman interview this morning I accidentally scrapped the front of my car on a pole parking in my building. Damn you Friedman!

Last edited by The Hendog; 01-06-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:49 AM   #36
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post

where they getting that cap space
Old 01-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #37
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

What would it realistically take for the Flames to pick up Duchene?

Would 2 of our defense prospects plus a reasonably high draft pick be enough? There would have to be some consideration for the salary as well. Maybe you throw in Wideman to offset, and then reduce the pick to a later round? I have no idea, but I've always like how Duchene plays.

To Calgary: Duchene
To Avs: Wideman, 2 of Kylington, Andersson, Fox, Hickey, Wotherspoon, Kulak, Culkin, 4th-6th round pick?

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
Old 01-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #38
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
What would it realistically take for the Flames to pick up Duchene?

Would 2 of our defense prospects plus a reasonably high draft pick be enough? There would have to be some consideration for the salary as well. Maybe you throw in Wideman to offset, and then reduce the pick to a later round? I have no idea, but I've always like how Duchene plays.

To Calgary: Duchene
To Avs: Wideman, 2 of Kylington, Andersson, Fox, Hickey, Wotherspoon, Kulak, Culkin, 4th-6th round pick?
I think unless you are including a 1st round pick Colorado laughs at you and hangs up.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #39
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Gaudreau - Monahan - Versteeg (Scoring)
Tkachuk - Bennett - Landeskog (Hard Nosed, Good D, Scoring)
Frolik - Backlund - Brouwer (Scoring, elite D, some grit, Speed!)
Ferland - Stajan - Hathaway (Whatever you want to call it)

I'm sorry guys but if we can create a forward Corp like that by moving a guy like Kylington I'm doing it easily. That is forward depth that is going to be incredibly hard to shut down in the playoffs, and complete warriors through out. Landeskog, Tkachuk, Bennett, Hathaway, Ferland, Brouwer...

Landeskog is on a sweet heart deal as well.

Edit - Honestly imagine coaching and playing against that. How do you shut it down ? The amount of physicality through that forward Corp is going to run down teams in a 7 game series
I also think Duchene would be a higher price than Landeskog, who's career best is 65 pts. Am I out to lunch with Wideman + Kylington + Jankowski for Landeskog? Jankowski and Landeskog are less than 2 years apart in age.

Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Gaudreau - Monahan - Versteeg
Landeskog - Bennett - Brouwer
Ferland - Stajan - Hathaway
xBouma, F. Hamilton
Old 01-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #40
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think Kylington and Jankowski get you Landeskog. Wideman is just a throw in so he doesn't really count.

They want young NHL D I think.
Closed Thread