Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #1301
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Yea, I know. But just once I'd love to see this show tie everything up and start the following season with a fresh story line. I don't read the comics, so I have no idea what's coming up after Negan. But I'd like to see them come up with a more interesting angle for SSN 8, instead of the standard "Rick and the gang meet a new group/villain and end up in a war" plot. This show needs a serious injection of creativity if they want to keep people watching. I'd like to see them explore more of the bigger cities, which they haven't done since SSN 5. Or maybe they could get back to looking at the cause of the initial outbreak and the search for a cure, etc... There must be more of those government labs sprinkled throughout the country where scientists and military people were investigating the outbreak. More of that stuff would be cool I think. But I'm not a TV writer, so what do I know?

I wonder if they've ever thought of shortening the seasons? Maybe doing something like 12 episodes instead of 16 would force the writers to sharpen their focus a bit more, trim the fat, and really get to the meat of the narrative.
You're like the Umpteenth Millionth person to say the exact same thing.

And while I dont disagree with you, petty despots in compounds seems like it would eventually become the going-concern in post-apocalyptic Zombie-America.

Hell...petty despots in compounds is damned near a going concern in Modern-Day America.

One of things that I think we can all agree on is that when you look at a show like Game of Thrones, its got an ending. There will be a resolution one way or another.

They are going to tell their story and they are going to stop when they're finished.

TWD though? Thats a network show that is a license to print money. You better believe they're going to try and keep that Gravy Train running until they cant stop it from pulling in to the end of the line.

And I'm inclined to let them.

My AMC subscription isnt exclusive because of TWD, I dont have a dog in this fight. If the show jumps the shark then I'll stop watching. In the meantime its fairly harmless fun. Its not 'high-art' or anything, its just fun.

I do think they could be doing better, I think the show has stagnated somewhat, but I also remember that its done that in the past as well and then something different and new happens.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #1302
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Season 1, 2 and 5 didn't end in cliff hangers.

Season 3 didn't either, as although the Governor had taken off, Ricks group had won against Woodbury and brought the remaining survivors to the prison to join them.

Season 4 ended with them being locked up at Terminus, and season 6 ended with them being rounded up in the woods by the Saviors.

Having said all that, I think we're definitely in for a bit of cliffhanger next week. Or maybe something along the lines of the opposite of season 3, where as instead the group they're up against being mostly destroyed and the leader running away, maybe Rick is able to cut the head off the snake, but still have the Saviors mostly still in tact, just Negan dead and a chunk of the Savior soldiers dead as well.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:33 AM   #1303
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Twist: A new group emerges (military?) and Rick and Negan are forced to team up to defend everyone.

Maybe I just want Negan around since his scenes are the few interesting ones that remain !
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #1304
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck-Hater View Post
Very suspect writing in this episode, but actually the writing in the Walking Dead suffers from time to time. I swear to god if there's no payoff or resolution next week I'm done with this show. I know alot of people say that and then watch the next season, but honestly this show is getting weaker every season.
I finally called it during the middle of this season, cancelled the series recording and deleted the episodes I hadn't watched yet. I've come back to this thread a few times to see if I missed anything noteworthy, but every time I do it just reinforces my decision to finally call it quits. There's just far too much quality TV on right now to justify waiting for TWD to get it's #### together (which is never going to happen)
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #1305
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Twist: A new group emerges (military?) and Rick and Negan are forced to team up to defend everyone.

Maybe I just want Negan around since his scenes are the few interesting ones that remain !
I think the garbage pail kids are going to turn on Rick and thats the big "shocker"

My M Night Shyamalan twist will that will be the last episode I watch!
Texas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #1306
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I finally called it during the middle of this season, cancelled the series recording and deleted the episodes I hadn't watched yet. I've come back to this thread a few times to see if I missed anything noteworthy, but every time I do it just reinforces my decision to finally call it quits. There's just far too much quality TV on right now to justify waiting for TWD to get it's #### together (which is never going to happen)
Wow, I never realized how much of a dreadful burden a show could be on someone's Sunday Evening.

You're right, the stress and detriment just isnt worth it, you've probably done the right thing.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #1307
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
I think the garbage pail kids are going to turn on Rick and thats the big "shocker"

My M Night Shyamalan twist will that will be the last episode I watch!
I know nothing, it's all my own personal speculation, but this post got me thinking. I will spoiler my thoughts because I'm guessing about future episodes.

Spoiler!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #1308
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
It's kind of the same disapointment those of us who enjoy the show, even the not so great episodes, have when we come to this thread hoping for fresh conversations each week only to be inundated with all the whining from people who don't like the show. There are far too many quality threads on this forum to justify waiting for you all to get your **** together.

:P
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #1309
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Wow, I never realized how much of a dreadful burden a show could be on someone's Sunday Evening.

You're right, the stress and detriment just isnt worth it, you've probably done the right thing.
The show is so bad that he is forced to spend his time posting about in a thread full of people actually watching and enjoying the show. If he doesn't post about his decision to stop watching the makers of the show win.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #1310
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

TWD actually watches better as a binge watch show.

Watching an 8 episode season on Netflix is only 6 hrs. The slow episodes aren't near as bad when you can watch 4 episodes in 3 hrs and the whole season in 2 nights.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #1311
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I know nothing, it's all my own personal speculation, but this post got me thinking. I will spoiler my thoughts because I'm guessing about future episodes.

Spoiler!
Thats what I think happens too. Obviously the Garbage Pail kids can be bought and now they have all Ricks guns to trade for stuff they want.
Texas Flames Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Flames Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 11:56 AM   #1312
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Watching an 8 episode season on Netflix is only 6 hrs. The slow episodes aren't near as bad when you can watch 4 episodes in 3 hrs and the whole season in 2 nights.
Yeap, it's way better binge watching it. No commercials obviously (don't even have to skip thru them) but all the slow parts don't seem as slow and it just flows better IMO.

Only reason I watch it week to week now is because my wife started watching and it's what she likes to do.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:24 PM   #1313
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
It's kind of the same disapointment those of us who enjoy the show, even the not so great episodes, have when we come to this thread hoping for fresh conversations each week only to be inundated with all the whining from people who don't like the show. There are far too many quality threads on this forum to justify waiting for you all to get your **** together.

:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The show is so bad that he is forced to spend his time posting about in a thread full of people actually watching and enjoying the show. If he doesn't post about his decision to stop watching the makers of the show win.
I keep hoping that if we ignore them long enough they will not only quit watching the show, but more importantly quit coming here to tell us every week how much they hate the show, storyline, writing, characters, etc, etc.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #1314
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

For sure. My wife and I binged right up until last season, and as soon as we caught up, the show really started to stall for us. Will watch it until the end, but binge watching seasons is the way to go for the TWD.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #1315
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll praise when I feel the show deserves praising, and I'll criticize when I feel the show deserves criticism.

I certainly don't hate the show and am not just going to quit watching it because of a few faults here and there. However, I will feel free to come down on those faults and express my opinion here.

Lump it.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #1316
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I'll praise when I feel the show deserves praising, and I'll criticize when I feel the show deserves criticism.

I certainly don't hate the show and am not just going to quit watching it because of a few faults here and there. However, I will feel free to come down on those faults and express my opinion here.

Lump it.
I don't think anyone has a problem with that - or shouldn't. It's the people who feel the need to come on here to slam a show they claim not to watch any more because it sucks.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #1317
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

How many episodes left this season?
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:17 PM   #1318
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
How many episodes left this season?
Just one.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 06:53 AM   #1319
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

So who's going to end up dying from the pill? I doubt it's Sasha or Negan.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:04 AM   #1320
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Coral, if we are lucky.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote