Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 04:47 PM   #341
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Pruned a bunch of posts out from the thread to reduce the size. I did it by moving the most recent posts to a new thread and locking the old, but it messed up the last read post for me hopefully doesn't do that for everyone else.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #342
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Pruned a bunch of posts out from the thread to reduce the size. I did it by moving the most recent posts to a new thread and locking the old, but it messed up the last read post for me hopefully doesn't do that for everyone else.
Ya, it did that for me. I hit it a few times, and I'm reading TFF's arguments from a few days ago thinking, didn't we just do this? Oh, wait...So ya. Way to waste 30 seconds I'll never get back!!! That's it, I'm voting Trump.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:02 PM   #343
Biff
Franchise Player

Exp:

The arguments were even more circular than usual until I figured it out. :P
Old 03-29-2017, 05:06 PM   #344
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Hm, I don't remember it doing that the last time I pruned threads with that method, sorry about that.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #345
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Did for me, I thought it was Russian hacking.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:39 PM   #346
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHotHeat View Post
No no no. Let's be perfectly clear here and put this into perspective. The 300 and 780 figures you reference are the rigs during those months and not the total rig count. The rig count during Obama was the largest ever witnessed.
The only largest thing ever witnessed during Obama was misery .

Those figures are accurate and also total rigs including Geothermal. Who knew!

Currently there is 803 Rigs drilling in the USA up 20 from last week. The most total drilling rigs during Obama was 1950 around - Peak production was 8.5-9.0 million barrels a day. The USA uses 19 million barrels a day and also a ton of nuclear, coal, renewables etc to sustain day to day life.

Production has declined since 2014-2015 and will continue to decline due to lack of drilling - decreased to 300 drilling rigs for a significant amount of time in election year 2016 (no coincidence ). What is the end game to letting drilling operations stagnate for so long? Where will USA production drop to after this effect? 5 million barrels a day? Consumption is only increasing year over year. For the previous administration to put the USA in an energy production death spiral is appalling and then for that same administration to Airforce 1 Hillary (seriously??) to campaign and to expect to be elected and to continue to carry out its agenda.....I just cant understand anyone who would back these policies and after seeing how terrible they have been but keep supporting it. Mind Bottling.

And I think in 1980-81 there were 4000 drilling rigs in the USA working. More than the largest thing ever witnessed Obama.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:43 PM   #347
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if this was covered today, but some interesting Mike Pence related tweets today:

Xeni Jardin ✔ @xeni
VP Mike Pence's 'conservative Christian' faith is the explanation given for why he won't be in a room alone with a female who's not his wife

which of course led to the following:

Limericking @Limericking

Mike Pence, an adult who is grown,
Cannot sit with women alone.
However, he can
Stand by an old man
Whose fondness for groping is known.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #348
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post

Currently there is 803 Rigs drilling in the USA up 20 from last week. The most total drilling rigs during Obama was 1950 around - Peak production was 8.5-9.0 million barrels a day. The USA uses 19 million barrels a day and also a ton of nuclear, coal, renewables etc to sustain day to day life.

Production has declined since 2014-2015 and will continue to decline due to lack of drilling - decreased to 300 drilling rigs for a significant amount of time in election year 2016 (no coincidence ). What is the end game to letting drilling operations stagnate for so long? Where will USA production drop to after this effect? 5 million barrels a day? Consumption is only increasing year over year. For the previous administration to put the USA in an energy production death spiral is appalling and then for that same administration to Airforce 1 Hillary (seriously??) to campaign and to expect to be elected and to continue to carry out its agenda.....I just cant understand anyone who would back these policies and after seeing how terrible they have been but keep supporting it. Mind Bottling.

And I think in 1980-81 there were 4000 drilling rigs in the USA working. More than the largest thing ever witnessed Obama.
Thanks for coming to a Calgary-centric message board and telling us about the oil industry.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #349
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

You have to be purposely ignorant to believe the President had more to do with the decline in drilling than an epic collapse in oil prices. Canadian drilling declined by a similar percentage in 2014-15, all thanks to Obama...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 06:00 PM   #350
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everything is Obamas fault, he just did such a crappy job of destroying things up to 2014, I guess.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:01 PM   #351
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
You have to be purposely ignorant to believe the President had more to do with the decline in drilling than an epic collapse in oil prices. Canadian drilling declined by a similar percentage in 2014-15, all thanks to Obama...
What was Obamas energy policy besides not passing the Keystone?
Old 03-29-2017, 06:02 PM   #352
JackJack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Close but no cigar McGyver!
Old 03-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #353
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Thanks for coming to a Calgary-centric message board and telling us about the oil industry.
Not sure how to take this comment but it made me LOL so I thanked it.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #354
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJack View Post
Close but no cigar McGyver!
Ha! This thread is awesome!
Old 03-29-2017, 06:06 PM   #355
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nothing, which didn't hurt the domestic oil industry. Why does the government need to do anything except let the market dictate outcomes? This whole Trump coal push is a yuge joke, nothing will bring those jobs back, because market dynamics have changed.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:13 PM   #356
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Nothing, which didn't hurt the domestic oil industry. Why does the government need to do anything except let the market dictate outcomes? This whole Trump coal push is a yuge joke, nothing will bring those jobs back, because market dynamics have changed.
Have an open mind. Its one step of many in the right direction. I would argue that removing some bad policy helps the market dictate outcomes. Giving money to select companies is not free market.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:16 PM   #357
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Natural gas has displaced coal as the cheap energy for the future. It's not about having an open mind. He's plainly paying lip service to people in the Appalachians when he probably knows deep down there is nothing that will bring back the mining jobs. He also plans on gutting a development agency for that region. False promises with a backhanded slap to boot, nice.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:17 PM   #358
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You could just save yourself some typing with the comment "I have no idea what I am talking about".

You know that Obama had nothing to do with the drop in rigs, right? And that oil production is not in a "death spiral". In fact, it is just off the peaks from 2015

http://marketrealist.com/2017/03/us-...r-1-year-high/

But lets not let facts get in the way of your alternate reality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 06:22 PM   #359
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Obama energy policy was to begin the transition from a fossil fuel based economy to a flexible energy economy more focused on renewables. This is a transition that will be forced on us in the very near future, so get with the program or be left behind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #360
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

I know health care is old news these days, but I enjoyed this new Vox video about health care policy and ideology:
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms