Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #121
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
Pretty sure the roadside test should be the officer stands in front of you, they hold out a cookie. If you reach for it, you fail.
Dude I don't touch the stuff, and I'd be diving for that cookie. Attica Attica, falsely accused.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #122
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
As posted earlier in this thread, yes there are road side tests for general impairment. You can be charged with impaired driving for any number of reasons including prescription drugs, illness, or even being tired. Anything that impairs your ability to safely drive can technically lead to a charge.
Sorry my point was poorly explained. I understand that yes, technically, an officer can charge you with impairment for a number of things. Anytime I hear of an accident resulting in an injury or death it is by intoxication (by alcohol), speed or distracted driving. I never hear of people being charged for other forms of impairment, so in my opinion it's either a non issue, or one they are missing.
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:09 PM   #123
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think they need a VR driving simulator that they give to any motorist suspected of driving impaired whether it is tired, drunk, high or distracted.

The beauty of it is that some people who are just terrible drivers would likely fail as well.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GP_Matt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 02:13 PM   #124
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
I think they need a VR driving simulator that they give to any motorist suspected of driving impaired whether it is tired, drunk, high or distracted.

The beauty of it is that some people who are just terrible drivers would likely fail as well.
Giving potheads a video game hardly solves anything.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #125
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

I am all for legalization, along with a very strict no public smoking rule. I would like to see the same for smoking as well (I get a pretty bad reaction to smoke). Personnel vaporizers and consumables should be fine anywhere.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #126
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
I am all for legalization, along with a very strict no public smoking rule. I would like to see the same for smoking as well (I get a pretty bad reaction to smoke). Personnel vaporizers and consumables should be fine anywhere.
I'd love a personnel vaporizer. So many people I'd use it on.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Canehdianman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 06:17 PM   #127
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Lord knows we need weed on those two days. That is how I say dates. That is how my computer shows dates. That is how my old job at the bank logged dates.

I would love to see you wandering around Robson Street on 4/20 trying to tell everyone about proper date notation.
That's because that's how the Americans do it, but the rest of the world writes dates in a logical way, i.e., Day/Month/Year. It actually causes a lot of confusion and I really, really hate how the Americans insist on doing things differently, but it's a very ingrained part of their history.

Also, I would never go to Robson Street on 4/20. First off, we don't have a 4/20, and secondly, I have enough fun smoking weed at home by myself every day NOT surrounded by a ton of annoying brats.
ASP#26525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:21 AM   #128
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP#26525 View Post
That's because that's how the Americans do it, but the rest of the world writes dates in a logical way, i.e., Day/Month/Year. It actually causes a lot of confusion and I really, really hate how the Americans insist on doing things differently, but it's a very ingrained part of their history.

Also, I would never go to Robson Street on 4/20. First off, we don't have a 4/20, and secondly, I have enough fun smoking weed at home by myself every day NOT surrounded by a ton of annoying brats.
There is an ISO standard for dates it us YYYY-MM-DD. This sorts properly and is the only correct way to show dates. so 04-20 is correct.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 03:41 PM   #129
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Dude I don't touch the stuff, and I'd be diving for that cookie. Attica Attica, falsely accused.
that's why they'd use a hostess Twinkie, only the truly effed up will go for one of those
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 05:38 PM   #130
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

No what you want to use is something that used to be good but is now past its normal shelf life but still edible. Like 2 day old chicken wings or fish tacos from the fridge or something.

Sober people will be disgusted by it while anyone who has the munchies will not be able to resist.

Last edited by polak; 03-31-2017 at 05:47 PM.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:40 AM   #131
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edit: April fools is over.

Last edited by Jacks; 04-01-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:55 AM   #132
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh. I hate April 1.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:21 PM   #133
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

WTF? edibles won't be legalized? I don't want to smoke it.

Cannabis candies will stay off-limits after marijuana legalization — and that's a mistake: researcher

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup/are-...cher-1.4661471

Quote:
Despite their illegal status, "you can buy edibles online and get these products delivered to your home in Canada," Charlebois said. Today, the industry goes well beyond brownies and cookies.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:24 PM   #134
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This thing is starting to become a real mess.

the borders stuff, the off limits on edibles

Old 05-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #135
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not surprising. When a City of Calgary delegation returned from a fact-finding mission in Colorado, Nenshi said that the number one thing authorities warned them about was edibles. Most people have no idea what their tolerance is for edibles, and the onset time and effects vary dramatically. Colorado had all sorts of problems with people going out for a night on the town, deciding to try edibles, and getting totally messed up and unable to cope or get home. And lots of cases of children being poisoned by mistakenly eating edibles in the form of cookies and gummy bears.

I expect it will be another year or two before Canada has sorted our regulatory and safety issues around edibles.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #136
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
WTF? edibles won't be legalized? I don't want to smoke it.

Cannabis candies will stay off-limits after marijuana legalization — and that's a mistake: researcher

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup/are-...cher-1.4661471
Am I mistaken or has this not been the plan for a long time now? I thought it has always been legalization this year but no edibles or cafe's for the first year of legalization. As a way to ease into it, test out the new laws and see what needs to be changed before diving all-in with everything. I don't necessarily agree, I would prefer edibles right away and think it a little odd how they want to treat pot like alcohol in public (no public smoking etc.) yet alcohol has bars to drink in but no cafes to smoke in?? seems a bit slow but I thought it was this way since the beginning
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #137
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
that's why they'd use a hostess Twinkie, only the truly effed up will go for one of those

You know what caught me by surprise.

I went to Mac's last night to pick up pop, and There were Twinkies for sale. I was scared to look at the date of manufacture label, but I would almost assume that they would have a manufactured date from the 80's and a best before date of never.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #138
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
You know what caught me by surprise.

I went to Mac's last night to pick up pop, and There were Twinkies for sale. I was scared to look at the date of manufacture label, but I would almost assume that they would have a manufactured date from the 80's and a best before date of never.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/forever-twinkies/
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #139
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post

Yeah . . . I think you work for big Twinkie and the confectionery food industry.

We know that Twinkies are so cheap because most of them were manufactured in the 1950's and stored when a dollar was worth a penny and labor was a lot cheaper.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #140
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting article since all that talk about 'Terry' a while ago.

Why Colorado's black market for marijuana is booming 4 years after legalization

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/colorad...rket-1.4647198

Quote:
When recreational marijuana went on sale in Colorado in 2014, the government's goal was to regulate and tax a drug that was already widely used and to squeeze out dealers and traffickers in the process.

But law enforcement authorities in the state say legalization has done the exact opposite.

Even though there are more than 500 recreational marijuana dispensaries in the state, the black market is booming. It's being driven by criminal organizations that grow weed in Colorado and smuggle their crop into states where it is still illegal and can be sold for a much greater profit.

The black market hasn't gone away within the state, either, because some marijuana users are deterred by the higher dispensary prices and are loyal to their long-time dealers.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote