Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
wonger
Farm Team Player

Exp:
Default Suggestions for a good carpet cleaning company - reasonably priced

Hi Guys,

Friend of mine has to move out of a townhouse at the end of the month and needs to get the carpets cleaned. Living-room, four sets of carpeted stairs, and 3 small bedrooms upstairs. Probably around 1200 sq feet max.

Any suggestions? Would appreciate any good referrals.

Michelle
wonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I had my carpets cleaned by Chem dry last summer (think it was the bow trail location) I was satisfied with their work and would use them again. The guy showed up, took the measurements of the areas, provided me with a couple options at discounted prices then went to work. I think he was in the house for 2-3 hours. Wife and I were happy with the results. Most of the stains came out but he wasn't able to extract some of the heavier stains out but did lighten up a bit

Last edited by Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration; 07-10-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2016, 08:32 AM   #3
Cantrader
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration View Post
I had my carpets cleaned by Chem dry last summer (think it was the bow trail location) I was satisfied with their work and would use them again. The guy showed up, took the measurements of the areas, provided me with a couple options at discounted prices then went to work. I think he was in the house for 2-3 hours. Wife and I were happy with the results
Is it the bow river one that serves the SW like strathcona area from their website. What is their process and do you have to move things around?
Thanks
Cantrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrader View Post
Is it the bow river one that serves the SW like strathcona area from their website. What is their process and do you have to move things around?

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure they serve that area, I think I just called the number on their website and they set up my appointment.

Basically once your appt. is scheduled, a tech will arrive at the scheduled time and do a walk through first. They will let you know the recommended package (based on size and severity of cleaning) they do a complete estimate of what it will cost to do the living room, stairs, bedrooms, whatever your looking to get cleaned.
We had everything off the floors prior to the tech arriving and had the couches moved to the middle of the living room (he moved the furniture around as needed)

Once we settled on a package we left the house for about an hour and half or so (you can stay in the house if preferred) and he was just finishing up as we came back, carpets were slightly damp for about 24 hours.

Last edited by Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration; 07-10-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #5
Vox
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Clean Tech Carpet & Furniture Cleaning, 403.247.2475. Dennis Shmyr.

He used to work for one of the big carpet companies, but now has his own business, and I've never met someone that knew more about carpets. Our kids ground Vaseline into our carpets from their diaper changing table, and I swear we tried everyone in the city to get it out. At the end of the day it couldn't be done, but Dennis came closest. He was also the easiest to work with, and very reasonably priced. Would use him again 10 times out of 10.

I like that he was a small business and gave the personal touch. He works with a partner as well, which I believe is his daughter.
Vox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vox For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #6
Iceman90
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I used Ram Cleaning and was very happy with the results, and the price was very reasonable too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman90 For This Useful Post: