Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #41
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
There's no way we're getting Krejci. I don't think we could pry him from Boston even if we "mortgaged our future." Iggy, Baertschi and a 1st probably isn't enough to get him...

Generally, you have to trade a young, impact player to get a young, impact player in return. Krejci's value is about the same as that of Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. Flames can't even put together a package like that.
Why not? Rask is getting a new contract after this year. Marchands getting a raise. They have to resign ference and Horton next year. Krejci is the odd man out in my opinion tons of Center depth in Boston and Calgary will pay what they ask.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #42
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igster View Post
As a Flames fan with management and Feaster still apparently in "win now" mode, I'm pretty nervous. God only knows what Feaster does next but it won't likely be what he "should" do.
Given the number of fans that actually thought the O'Reilly offer was good, I think Feaster probably feels justified and encouraged that he is on the right track. That is what makes me nervous.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #43
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

This place is awful. I honestly don't get the Feaster hate. At the very least, he's far better at drafting than Sutter ever was (yes, possibly jury still out, but Sutter was terrible at it). For that alone I'm happy with him.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #44
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Kipper and Iginla need to retire.
We need to trade them first, then they can retire.
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #45
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Krejci is the Odd man out in Boston seeing as Bergeron and Séguin are their top 2 center men. Feasters looking to make an impact NOW. Not in 3 years to see if gaudreau will pan out.
Is he? Is his ice time down, has he stopped producing, is he getting plugs for linemates?

I'm pretty sure Boston is just fine with their top 3.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #46
Sakari
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype RUMOR: Flames GM Jay Feaster interested in signing Chicago Blackhawks to an offer sheet.

He's a The Hockey News writer. Not very reliable IMO, but still probable.
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #47
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
Adam Proteau ‏@Proteautype RUMOR: Flames GM Jay Feaster interested in signing Chicago Blackhawks to an offer sheet.

He's a The Hockey News writer. Not very reliable IMO, but still probable.
Kind of sounds like he's making a joke.
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Henry Fool For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #48
Fischy13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Feaster seemed awfully giddy when there should have been disapointment from the Av's matching the offer sheet. He has something else in his back pocket. You aren't that happy after a failed attempt. I still feel Feaster worked with Sherman to get ROR signed up, and maybe Sherman will trade Stasney to us now instead. COL can't have 3 #1 C, 2 making 6.5 mil next year, with the best of the 3 - Duchene up for contract after next year.
Fischy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fischy13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #49
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
We need to trade them first, then they can retire.
I have given up all hope that this will happen after yesterday.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #50
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Sakari with the same quote in two threads... I thought he might be joking, but...

nope.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #51
bluloc
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
This place is awful. I honestly don't get the Feaster hate. At the very least, he's far better at drafting than Sutter ever was (yes, possibly jury still out, but Sutter was terrible at it). For that alone I'm happy with him.
Feaster in Tampa was just as bad, maybe even worse. Nice to see him take skill over size unlike Daryl but until we see these guys in Flames uniforms playing a prominent role, its way to early to tell.
bluloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #52
Sakari
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Fool View Post
Kind of sounds like he's making a joke.
I probably should have used green text, lol.
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #53
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischy13 View Post
Feaster seemed awfully giddy when there should have been disapointment from the Av's matching the offer sheet. He has something else in his back pocket. You aren't that happy after a failed attempt. I still feel Feaster worked with Sherman to get ROR signed up, and maybe Sherman will trade Stasney to us now instead. COL can't have 3 #1 C, 2 making 6.5 mil next year, with the best of the 3 - Duchene up for contract after next year.
Your dreaming. Sherman and ownership are not very happy that they had to give OReilly an extra $5.5 million from what they wanted to sign him for. The flames will be last on the list when it comes to trading partners with the Av's.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #54
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calgary is not bad enough to finish bottom 3, and the lottery for first is just that...a lottery. I think dreams and aspirations for Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, etc. are, as of the current makeup of this team, far fetched. The only way they end up in that kind of draft position is if they sell now, which isn't likely when you're sitting 4 points out of a 6-way tie for 6th.

Yesterday's move should make it obvious that as of right now, management isn't looking to tear it down. With the kind of attempt they made, it appears as though they are willing to convert their unknowable picks into established players...and if it's for a legitimate center or two I can't say I have a problem with that approach.

I think management may look into a guy like Stephen Weiss in Florida. A less likely candidate, only because Columbus may be unwilling to part with him, is Derick Brassard.

As for when they make this sort of trade, if they are going to do it I would suspect it's sooner rather than later. They come to the half-way mark in about a week.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran

Last edited by Yamer; 03-01-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #55
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Why not? Rask is getting a new contract after this year. Marchands getting a raise. They have to resign ference and Horton next year. Krejci is the odd man out in my opinion tons of Center depth in Boston and Calgary will pay what they ask.
My point is that Calgary can't pay what they ask. Gaudreau, Baertschi and a 1st doesn't get it done. Iginla, Baertschi and a 1st doesn't get it done. Look at the return Mike Richards and Jeff Carter got as a blueprint for what Boston would want for Krejci. Actually, Krejci might be a little better than Richards and Carter, so the return could be even higher.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #56
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Given the number of fans that actually thought the O'Reilly offer was good, I think Feaster probably feels justified and encouraged that he is on the right track. That is what makes me nervous.
Well i am a fan of the rebuild route. That said i had no problem with what Feaster did last night. I have come to the reality that ownership are not going to change their mandate under any circumstances. Last nights offer sheet was probably the cheapest way prospect wise they could go. I fully expect a new flame center in the next 48 hours with a price tag far exceding what the flames would have payed O Reilly.

Feaster is not the problem, the mandate is the problem. Even if they fire Feaster, they are just going to hire a GM with the same "win now" philosophy. There is no chance that this ownership group will hire anyone that thinks other wise. Nor do i think they would even interview someone that they thought would tell them that their direction is flawed.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #57
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Well i am a fan of the rebuild route. That said i had no problem with what Feaster did last night. I have come to the reality that ownership are not going to change their mandate under any circumstances. Last nights offer sheet was probably the cheapest way prospect wise they could go. I fully expect a new flame center in the next 48 hours with a price tag far exceding what the flames would have payed O Reilly.

Feaster is not the problem, the mandate is the problem. Even if they fire Feaster, they are just going to hire a GM with the same "win now" philosophy. There is no chance that this ownership group will hire anyone that thinks other wise. Nor do i think they would even interview someone that they thought would tell them that their direction is flawed.

Hence why Kipper and Iginla need to retire.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #58
prizefighterinferno
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
My point is that Calgary can't pay what they ask. Gaudreau, Baertschi and a 1st doesn't get it done. Iginla, Baertschi and a 1st doesn't get it done. Look at the return Mike Richards and Jeff Carter got as a blueprint for what Boston would want for Krejci. Actually, Krejci might be a little better than Richards and Carter, so the return could be even higher.
Let's not be ridiculous.
prizefighterinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prizefighterinferno For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #59
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Krejci is Daymond Langkow in his prime.

Not going to turn this team around.

Last edited by polak; 03-01-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #60
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

came in looking for some comic relief, leaving satisfied......