Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #141
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Most recent photo from a charity event, she's recovering well.

I have one question.

Who is next to her?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #142
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/16/war-ma...ail-las-vegas/

Quote:
Former MMA fighter War Machine attempted to commit suicide in Clark County Detention Center Tuesday night, according to TMZ. A jailor went into War Machine's cell after he noticed him unresponsive, and found "a piece of linen around his neck which was tied to the leg of the bed." The jailor cut away the linen, after which War Machine reportedly attempted to speak. There is no word on his current condition. Something that "appeared to be a suicide note" was also found in the cell.

Quote:
War Machine is in jail awaiting trial on 32 different felony charges for an alleged savage beating of his then-girlfriend Christy Mack and another man. A preliminary hearing in which War Machine was expected to testify was originally scheduled for tomorrow, Friday, but a search of court records shows no more hearings scheduled until November 14th.

--------------------
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 08:06 PM   #143
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/1...hine-29-counts

Quote:
Jonathan Paul Koppenhaver, aka War Machine, convicted of 29 counts by Las Vegas jury

LAS VEGAS -- The former mixed martial arts fighter known as War Machine was found guilty Monday of kidnapping, beating and sexually assaulting his ex-girlfriend over several months in 2014, and of beating her male friend when he found them together in her bedroom.

Nevada jurors deadlocked on two attempted-murder counts against Jonathan Paul Koppenhaver but convicted him of 29 felonies stemming from attacks on Christy Mack and Corey Thomas.

The Associated Press normally does not identify people who say they are victims of sexual assault, but Mack gave AP permission to use her name.

Neither she nor Thomas was in the courtroom while Koppenhaver, 35, stood flanked by his lawyers. He folded his arms across his chest as the verdicts were read.

Koppenhaver shook his head a little as he heard "guilty" to the two most serious counts -- kidnapping and sexual assault with a weapon. Each could get him up to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Sentencing was scheduled for June 5. Defense attorney Jay Leiderman said he'll appeal the convictions.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:02 PM   #144
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huh. Weird. Can't believe "My girlfriend likes rough sex" and "Dude jumped me" didn't work as a defense.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:03 PM   #145
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Update:

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/f...lfriend-060517

Life in prison with no possibility of parole for 36 years.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2017, 11:11 PM   #146
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The only way he comes out of prison is feet first in a box.

A guy like that is going to end up getting challenged and fighting every day and as tough as he is or thinks he is, all its going to take is one bad day.

So long scumbag, enjoy the small cell, the bad food, and the errr physical activity schedule.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 01:10 AM   #147
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

A guy like that is going to end up getting challenged and fighting every day and as tough as he is or thinks he is, all its going to take is one bad day.

So long scumbag, enjoy the small cell, the bad food, and the errr physical activity schedule.
Yeah at 5'10 165 lbs I suspect he'll find out the hard way prisons have no weight class.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 03:43 AM   #148
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You can say he'll be getting another version of the rear naked choke hold.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 08:40 AM   #149
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Hopefully the rear naked choke will mean an entirely different thing to this guy after a few months in general population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
You can say he'll be getting another version of the rear naked choke hold.
Dude, that was like totally my line in 2014

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #150
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish we had harsh sentences like this for repeat offenders here.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #151
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Yah, if there is one thing I envy about America it's their marvelous justice and prison systems and subsequent lack of violent, and especially violent gun, crime.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #152
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How on earth was this guy allowed to live in society in the first place. This is from 2014 a few months before he was arrested. All this rage due to 7-11 employees asking him to remove his hoodie.

Warning: Language NSFW

ToewsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ToewsFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #153
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Pretty much. In depending on the prison he might be ####ed. All it takes is his cocky attitude to mouth off the wrong guy and you've got a gang on 5 dudes on you. Watching the last 60 days in (Atlanta) they sit in a big room a couple hours a day and dragged a couple guys back behind the stairs where the guards couldn't see and beat the piss out of them.

northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #154
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

He will be 71 when he is released. He can even attempt a comeback in the future Geriatric Division.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #155
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToewsFan View Post
How on earth was this guy allowed to live in society in the first place. This is from 2014 a few months before he was arrested. All this rage due to 7-11 employees asking him to remove his hoodie.

Warning: Language NSFW

That'd be the steroids talking.

He's probably a shadow of his former self but he was world class at one point and hyper aggressive. I don't think he's going to get beaten up too easily. All he did for twenty years was learn how to fight. He got kicked out of SEAL training for beating up other SEAL's. Skills plus crazy.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:03 PM   #156
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
That'd be the steroids talking.

He's probably a shadow of his former self but he was world class at one point and hyper aggressive. I don't think he's going to get beaten up too easily. All he did for twenty years was learn how to fight. He got kicked out of SEAL training for beating up other SEAL's. Skills plus crazy.
That's not exclusively steroids. Many people use steroids. In the vast majority of cases, it does not make people act out like this, or attempt to kill people for that matter. The guy has serious anger and mental health issues. Steroids could have made his temperament worse, but it's far from the main issue.

Also it just occurred to me that he was essentially in solitary confinement during his previous incarceration, since he was viewed as a danger to staff and other inmates. How would an inmate obtain steroids in solitary confinement, since you need s syringe to inject yourself with. It would obviously be discovered, and treated as a deadly weapon.

In an ideal World, he would have been put down like a dog years ago.

Last edited by ToewsFan; 06-07-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #157
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Yeah at 5'10 165 lbs I suspect he'll find out the hard way prisons have no weight class.
You're seriously underestimating the ability of a trained fighter, he beats 99%+ of that jail in a 1v1 fight. Looking at his Jiu Jitsu skills alone, it's virtually impossible for someone who doesn't know jiu jitsu to beat someone who does 1v1.

Also, fighting at 170 lbs means walking around at 185+ lbs, he'd likely be 200+ lbs in jail, since he's not worrying about cutting weight and can focus on bulk.

The hardest gang-banger in there gets his arm broke and sent home crying (again, 1v1).

Last edited by Matata; 06-07-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #158
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
You're seriously underestimating the ability of a trained fighter, he beats 99%+ of that jail in a 1v1 fight. Looking at his Jiu Jitsu skills alone, it's virtually impossible for someone who doesn't know jiu jitsu to beat someone who does 1v1.

Also, fighting at 170 lbs means walking around at 185+ lbs, he'd likely be 200+ lbs in jail, since he's not worrying about cutting weight and can focus on bulk.

The hardest gang-banger in there gets his arm broke and sent home crying (again, 1v1).
Yeah after a week of him "Winning" someone will probably just jam a pen in his eye. Or 2 guys will grab him and another guy will beat the crap out of him.

I remember watching an episode of lockdown, and a guy got sick of his cellmate talking about how tough he was, so one night he grabbed a cleaning rag and jammed it down his throat and in his words "Shut him down". Of course this guy probably shouldn't have had a cell mate since he'd killed 6 guys in prison for annoying him.

There's no such thing as a fair fight scenario here.

Chances are, he'll mouth off the wrong guy and end up either blind or in a wheelchair.

Or he'll end up living in solitary until his teeth fallout.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:25 PM   #159
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah after a week of him "Winning" someone will probably just jam a pen in his eye. Or 2 guys will grab him and another guy will beat the crap out of him.

I remember watching an episode of lockdown, and a guy got sick of his cellmate talking about how tough he was, so one night he grabbed a cleaning rag and jammed it down his throat and in his words "Shut him down". Of course this guy probably shouldn't have had a cell mate since he'd killed 6 guys in prison for annoying him.

There's no such thing as a fair fight scenario here.

Chances are, he'll mouth off the wrong guy and end up either blind or in a wheelchair.

Or he'll end up living in solitary until his teeth fallout.
Very unlikely.

It would probably take at least six of the toughest guys in prison to really hurt War Machine. You are really underestimating how tough a ranked MMA fighter is. I hung around a friend who was mediocre in MMA fights. At clubs, I would see him easily dispose of guys twice his size.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #160
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Let's take guesses, I don't think he lasts a year.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote