Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2017, 03:06 PM   #21
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
I'm a big fan of the Infiniti G series in that vintage. I had a 2008 G35X for three years that all I had to do for maintenance was front brakes and oil changes. Now I have a 2009 G37X coupe and have driven it for a year with no issues (it only had 30,000 km when I bought it though, so was pretty much brand new). I'm a big fan of the AWD and it seems like there are a fair amount available used. It seems like it was a pretty popular "executive's second car" so I've seen a few with very low mileage for the year.
Excellent recommendation. Those cars are rock solid. Not a fan of the Infinti design language as it tends to date itself very fast, but if you like the car in 2017, and it gives you what you want, you cant go wrong. Nissan V6's are phenomenally reliable. Probably the best in the business.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #22
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thank you for all the advice.

I was actually looking at an Audi A4 and the Mercedes C-Class as the two likeliest options, so the fact that those were two of the more recommended options is good.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #23
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Thank you for all the advice.

I was actually looking at an Audi A4 and the Mercedes C-Class as the two likeliest options, so the fact that those were two of the more recommended options is good.
Four or five years ago when I was looking and ended up with my first Infiniti the A4 was right at the top of my list. For whatever reason, it seemed like there were never any decent ones that came up on kijiji during my search. It seemed like people bought them, drove them to the ground and then wanted top dollar. Of course, it's all about timing and this is totally just anecdotal!
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #24
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
Excellent recommendation. Those cars are rock solid. Not a fan of the Infinti design language as it tends to date itself very fast, but if you like the car in 2017, and it gives you what you want, you cant go wrong. Nissan V6's are phenomenally reliable. Probably the best in the business.
Sorry guys, I should have used the multi-quote function but I missed pylon's post the first time!

I definitely agree. For me, I actually prefer the older generation G series to the new model Q series (except the Q coupe, it is sexy as hell!) I think they missed the mark on the new models as far as style as I do think they already have aged and they've only been out for a couple years. Long story short, I was in a bit of a pinch when I bought my G coupe and I had seriously looked at just buyers big a brand new Q sedan (my wife would not have been on board with a new Q coupe). I just could not get over the styling on the new Qs and they just didn't feel right.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #25
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone have a 2016/2017 Camaro? What are your opinions on the 1LT model?
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote