Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-26-2016, 03:35 PM   #1
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Prairie Wind Apparel - 10% off CP Members

SAVE 10% with promo code CALGARYPUCK
https://prairiewind.ca

Alright CP, I'll to make this my only plug for this, I've launched a t-shirt/hoodie line honouring the prairie provinces I grew up in, I'm calling it Prairie Wind Apparel.

The mountains are great and all, but many of us come from the flatlands, we grew up watching long uninterrupted sunsets... and brutally unforgiving winters.

I thought it was time to honour grain cars and wheat fields over thick forest & coast lines.

Check out https://prairiewind.ca for men's & woman's t-shirts, and hoodies... or bunny hugs if you must.

SAVE 10% with promo code CALGARYPUCK
https://prairiewind.ca

Last edited by Regular_John; 03-27-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Regular_John For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
FlamingHomer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

As someone who formerly was in this type of business, I have to say those are great designs. Well done.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:20 PM   #3
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingHomer View Post
As someone who formerly was in this type of business, I have to say those are great designs. Well done.
Thanks! The reaction to the designs thus far has been really positive, I'm still trying to figure out the best avenue to turning that into sales. I haven't committed to actual stock as of yet.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #4
FlamingHomer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
Thanks! The reaction to the designs thus far has been really positive, I'm still trying to figure out the best avenue to turning that into sales. I haven't committed to actual stock as of yet.
For now you are going about it the right way. Low overhead and good margins. Run the designs until the sales start to weaken then add a new batch. I would suggest going to more of a drawn look than a computer generated one for the next set. You should keep the same theme as it is a pretty fresh concept.

Unfortunately supplying a retail store may be difficult. Even though the units would go up, the competition in that area is mostly off-shore so they would have trouble with your price point. Also, those types of retailers are terrible payers.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:54 PM   #5
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingHomer View Post
For now you are going about it the right way. Low overhead and good margins. Run the designs until the sales start to weaken then add a new batch. I would suggest going to more of a drawn look than a computer generated one for the next set. You should keep the same theme as it is a pretty fresh concept.

Unfortunately supplying a retail store may be difficult. Even though the units would go up, the competition in that area is mostly off-shore so they would have trouble with your price point. Also, those types of retailers are terrible payers.
Appreciate the advice, could I run some questions by ya? You don't seem to have PM's turned on, but fire me an email to work@jasondorn.com if you're open to having your brain/experience picked over a bit.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just wanted to throw out there that calling the hoodie a bunny hug for only Saskatchewan is very very fitting. Great designs.