Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #21
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

So both Park2Go and Park & Jet have been implicated. Time to start taking taxis to the airport.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #22
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
There's a thread over on Beyond about Park2Go employees stealing from vehicles and driving them around the lots. I stopped going there shortly after reading it.
Ahh dammit, is there nothing sacred in this world? I should have known their "take the ticket, hop on the shuttle" was too good to be true.

Eh I'll probably still use them. Yes, I'm that lazy.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:05 AM   #23
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've used Park2Go probably 10 times or so and I've never had an issue with them.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:48 AM   #24
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Until now..............thanks a bunch
I would argue the likelyhood of a hardened car thief, browsing an internet hockey forum, is far lower.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #25
Righteous1
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Taxi is the best way or a ride from a friend. I wouldn't trust any of these companies with my vehicle. I know a few oil guys who have parking passes at the airport, heated parking lots for like $250 a month or something. Another option is $40 a month at the green lot? With cameras.
Righteous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #26
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

The airport experience went well. A bit pricey as I ended up taking a cab but glad I did. On the way to the airport while in the cab I saw a police car out front of the park & jet, looked like he was interviewing people. Another string of break ins there I assume but couldn't be sure. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable giving my car keys to a stranger while I'm out of the country
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:50 AM   #27
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
The airport experience went well. A bit pricey as I ended up taking a cab but glad I did. On the way to the airport while in the cab I saw a police car out front of the park & jet, looked like he was interviewing people. Another string of break ins there I assume but couldn't be sure. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable giving my car keys to a stranger while I'm out of the country
I've used one of those airport lots a few times... and I've NEVER given my keys to anybody to park in one of those lots.
STeeLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:56 AM   #28
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeLy View Post
I've used one of those airport lots a few times... and I've NEVER given my keys to anybody to park in one of those lots.
Pretty sure park 2 go is valet....
Old 03-10-2015, 07:36 AM   #29
itcrossedtheline
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Pretty sure park 2 go is valet....
I've parked there a few times and refuse to give them my keys. They just tell you to find a spot and wait for the bus to come get you
itcrossedtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #30
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itcrossedtheline View Post
I've parked there a few times and refuse to give them my keys. They just tell you to find a spot and wait for the bus to come get you
Honest question : why not just park at one of the non-valet lots then? The whole premise of Park 2 Go is that they park your car for you and have it ready (and warm) when you get back.

As an aside, apparently long-term parking in P1 and P2 (the main parkade building at YYC) is $27 and $25 a day respectively. I believe that the Park 2 Go, Jet, Fly, etc. are in the ballpark of $20/day. So depending on the length of your trip, priorities, and expense account, that's a viable option with the added convenience of being attached to the terminal. The YYC "econo" lot is $10.95/day, but you've got a bit of a hike.

http://www.yyc.com/en-us/travellerin...trictions.aspx

But while the YYC parkade might seem a little more secure, there are no guarantees when you're leaving your car anywhere. I remember hearing something on the news a few years ago about about break-ins at the YYC parkade as well. Although I've personally never had any problems at Park 2 Go or Park & Jet.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:54 AM   #31
itcrossedtheline
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Honest question : why not just park at one of the non-valet lots then? The whole premise of Park 2 Go is that they park your car for you and have it ready (and warm) when you get back.

As an aside, apparently long-term parking in P1 and P2 (the main parkade building at YYC) is $27 and $25 a day respectively. I believe that the Park 2 Go, Jet, Fly, etc. are in the ballpark of $20/day. So depending on the length of your trip, priorities, and expense account, that's a viable option with the added convenience of being attached to the terminal. The YYC "econo" lot is $10.95/day, but you've got a bit of a hike.

http://www.yyc.com/en-us/travellerin...trictions.aspx

But while the YYC parkade might seem a little more secure, there are no guarantees when you're leaving your car anywhere. Although I've personally never had any problems at Park 2 Go or Park & Jet.
This was years ago when they first opened. i had a couple of coupons and was super cheap. something like 7.95 a day. i figured i would give it a shot. But when i saw the lot attendants driving other peoples cars without any care I thought it would be better to hold on to my keys. To be honest i haven't parked with them since then. I prefer the econo lot these days.
itcrossedtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to itcrossedtheline For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #32
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just park in the econo lot. It's cheap and only about a 5-7 minute walk to the terminal.

I really like when I get back from my trip because you get a nice walk to stretch out after sitting in an airplane for multiple hours.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #33
billybob123
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I just park in the econo lot. It's cheap and only about a 5-7 minute walk to the terminal.

I really like when I get back from my trip because you get a nice walk to stretch out after sitting in an airplane for multiple hours.
Agreed, but I've found lately that the lot is full more often than it's not. It's very frustrating to have to scramble over to one of the other lots and shuttle back.

Full disclosure: I obviously don't fly as often on non-peak times. I'm "excited" about our stupid trip over March Break to go see the in-laws, start with full lots...
billybob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #34
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob123 View Post
Agreed, but I've found lately that the lot is full more often than it's not. It's very frustrating to have to scramble over to one of the other lots and shuttle back.

Full disclosure: I obviously don't fly as often on non-peak times. I'm "excited" about our stupid trip over March Break to go see the in-laws, start with full lots...
Your spring break trip sounds like a "blast"

I was worried about the same thing. The econo lot seems good and is actually cheaper than some of the park and fly/jet/etc but I'm thinking it will be completely full for spring break
Old 03-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #35
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Just drive to Harvest Hills, park your car at a random house to which you've called a cab.
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #36
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Park2go is 9.35/day using AMA. I only use them and have had no issues.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:08 AM   #37
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

As an alternative, most newer garage door openers have a feature where you can disable the wireless remote. On the main button in the garage, there is a lock icon that I push and the button starts flashing, remote is now locked out.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote