Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2016, 09:29 PM   #361
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bump this has been an amazing series, and this weeks episode was a constant mix of holy frack and picking my jaw off of the ground

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2016, 09:19 AM   #362
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bump

With three episodes left, this show is just constantly hitting it out of the park now

Spoiler!

Old 04-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #363
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I got nothing to add, except this show is night and day from when it started. WAY better story lines.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:51 AM   #364
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've really been a fan of it and thought it hit its stride half way through season one when Hydra came into the mix.

Last years inhumans was was pretty good as well. But this year has been on another level from a lot of the other hero type shows on TV.

If I compare its as good as Buffy Season 5 with Glory as the villain or Season 2 with Angel as the villain.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #365
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I've really been a fan of it and thought it hit its stride half way through season one when Hydra came into the mix.
This is 100% true and accurate. A lot of the first season seemed to be waiting for the Winter Soldier to be released.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #366
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bump a really crazy episode tonight

Spoiler!

Old 05-05-2016, 03:55 PM   #367
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Basically the season doesn't end unless FitzSimmons gets owned. As such, one of them are likely to die lol.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #368
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Basically the season doesn't end unless FitzSimmons gets owned. As such, one of them are likely to die lol.
Spoiler!

Old 05-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #369
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awesome story arc they have going on. I get the feeling this will stretch into the next season with a cliff hanger.

Ward is channeling a little too much Neo from the Matrix for me, down to the black coat.

One part I don't get:

NSFW!
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:35 PM   #370
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
Awesome story arc they have going on. I get the feeling this will stretch into the next season with a cliff hanger.

Ward is channeling a little too much Neo from the Matrix for me, down to the black coat.

One part I don't get:

NSFW!
Spoiler!

Old 05-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #371
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

One part I don't get:

NSFW!
Actually he's channeling Meryl Streep... lol

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/...be-like-meryl/
Old 05-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #372
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Last episode before the finale, just an amazing storyline

Spoiler!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 05-11-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #373
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not really spoilery so I took the tags off of this part. I kinda think with Daisy being as capable as she is now, they may no longer need May, so I'm kinda wondering if she dies

I also kind of expect that next week will be the last time we see Brett Dalton on the show. Hive could survive, but even if he does, I doubt they'll have him as the big bad for next season. Maybe he comes back after a sabbatical or maybe brought back by another baddie, but I assume he'll be out for a while if not permanently.

Quote:

The negatives

Hive was still good but came across as a mustache twirling villain and a little cartoony
May this year really hasn't had much of a role, and mainly walks around being really angry all the time.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #374
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, I really liked Hive as a villain, and I just have a sense that he'll survive this thing because he's a character that they can bring back. And Dalton has been very good.

I have to admit the line from Simmons about Lash after his death "He wasn't Lash"

and May sitting by his body were so emotionally well done.

I keep thinking that next week, that cross is going to bounce from cast member to cast member until it ends up on that ship.

The people that I don't think can die

Coulson - He's really the glue in this show and the soul of it
Simmons - She's been very well utilized as a character
May - I'm iffy on this one, and I think she hasn't been developed much this year, but she's the only one that can fly the jet damnit
Daisy - This show is about her as much as its about Shield
Lincoln - Come on man, lightning bolts out of his butt

Could die

Fitz - I think he's really been pushed into the background, and killing him would be devastating for the team
Mac- Though I think the cross is a deception, is there really anything else they can do with him? He's mainly the stoic heart of the team, and killing him would rip the heart out of the team
Yoyo - Even though she hasn't been on much, she's a good character, maybe she sneaks into space to save Mac

Old 05-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #375
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I really liked Hive as a villain, and I just have a sense that he'll survive this thing because he's a character that they can bring back. And Dalton has been very good.

I have to admit the line from Simmons about Lash after his death "He wasn't Lash"

and May sitting by his body were so emotionally well done.

I keep thinking that next week, that cross is going to bounce from cast member to cast member until it ends up on that ship.

The people that I don't think can die

Coulson - He's really the glue in this show and the soul of it
Simmons - She's been very well utilized as a character
May - I'm iffy on this one, and I think she hasn't been developed much this year, but she's the only one that can fly the jet damnit
Daisy - This show is about her as much as its about Shield
Lincoln - Come on man, lightning bolts out of his butt

Could die

Fitz - I think he's really been pushed into the background, and killing him would be devastating for the team
Mac- Though I think the cross is a deception, is there really anything else they can do with him? He's mainly the stoic heart of the team, and killing him would rip the heart out of the team
Yoyo - Even though she hasn't been on much, she's a good character, maybe she sneaks into space to save Mac
I feel like for the sake of TV tropes, Mac will be spared. There's no other non-powered person for the viewers to relate to otherwise. Yoyo's just too new and won't have as much of an impact. Butt lightning aside (though equally valid), I think Lincoln is safe as well for the same reason as Yoyo. Just not enough impact. But all are still maybes.

I totally think May and Simmons could be on the chopping block.

I agree that the only two absolutes are Daisy and Coulson.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #376
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm

Last edited by I-Hate-Hulse; 05-12-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:55 PM   #377
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn, Emancipation was a great episode, I wish they had more time and more budget for this episode to draw out the last 10 minutes as I felt it was rushed (or budget limited).

May is a central character, along with Coulson and Daisy. Everyone else is secondary or even tertiary. For that reason I think they'll clear out a secondary character and make more time for core cast members. I'd say it's Mac that goes (and this is out there admittedly), but since this is network TV - can you really kill another black character? Black Lives Matter, even in the MCU...

Sorry Lincoln, the tribe has spoken....My guess is that Daisy feels incredible remorse and tries to sacrifice herself in the QJ to stop the warhead, but Romeo zaps her and jumps into the QJ.

As for Hive, he gets kicked into outer space Xenomorph style so he's stopped.....for now.....

Last edited by I-Hate-Hulse; 05-12-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #378
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Damn, Emancipation was a great episode, I wish they had more time and more budget for this episode to draw out the last 10 minutes as I felt it was rushed (or budget limited).

May is a central character, along with Coulson and Daisy. Everyone else is secondary or even tertiary. For that reason I think they'll clear out a secondary character and make more time for core cast members. I'd say it's Mac that goes (and this is out there admittedly), but since this is network TV - can you really kill another black character? Black Lives Matter, even in the MCU...

Sorry Lincoln, the tribe has spoken....My guess is that Daisy feels incredible remorse and tries to sacrifice herself in the QJ to stop the warhead, but Romeo zaps her and jumps into the QJ.

As for Hive, he gets kicked into outer space Xenomorph style so he's stopped.....for now.....
I like your second part. I keep going back to Hive being a parasite.

So I would love to see in the confusion of the final fight, Ward is killed, and the final scene is some non descript agent of shield, or even someone like Mac or Yo Yo walking away with a evil smile on his or her face. Then for all of next season, we get nothing from Hive even though we know he's infiltrated Shield.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #379
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Then for all of next season, we get nothing from Hive even though we know he's infiltrated Shield.
Meh, aren't we done with the hiding in plain sight / infiltration thing? (Hydra, Ward, Real Shield)? That was ST:TNG's favorite plot device, and it got tiresome once every cast member had their turn taking over the ship.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #380
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Meh, aren't we done with the hiding in plain sight / infiltration thing? (Hydra, Ward, Real Shield)? That was ST:TNG's favorite plot device, and it got tiresome once every cast member had their turn taking over the ship.
I figured this is why Hunter and Bobbi are getting their own show so they can do all the espionage/counter-espionage type stuff there, and focus on powered people in Shield. I'm kinda hoping with Dr. Strange coming in November, that they start focusing on magic in Shield! Inhumans vs. Magicians!