Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #341
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd love to see Fitz build the transporter, they go through and pull Will out, and when Will steps through the gate into the shield lad, Fitz shoots him with a side ways gangstar kill shot, yells out "Friend's zone by$$$, and then does a mic drop with the pistol and fires out a peace out sign.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:33 PM   #342
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffman View Post
Didn't will kill that thing with his gun?
Didn't show the body, just showed Will throwing the spent pistol into the sand and walking away. You don't know if the thing got killed by Will, somehow lives inside Will now and you have no idea if Will has gone psychotic now either.

I'm also thinking maybe Rosalind knew about the monolith too in some tie in. Wasn't it mentioned she worked at NASA before as well? How did SHIELD end up with it after NASA used it before and why does SHIELD not have any record of it's purpose and the research teams that went through. SO many questions.

Last edited by FlameOn; 10-30-2015 at 06:05 PM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #343
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
Bleh... call me disinterested in this latest story arc with Jemma. "Ross and Rachel" is not why I watch a show like this.

Hydra vs SHIELD action please.
I thought the Jemma episode was way more interesting than just about anything we've seen so far. Incredible episode IMO, loved it.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #344
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Well it looks like the Agents of Shield writers didn't want to let their Netflix brethren have all the gloomy fun, damn that was a dark opening to last night's episode. Ward has become a fantastic villain
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #345
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Well it looks like the Agents of Shield writers didn't want to let their Netflix brethren have all the gloomy fun, damn that was a dark opening to last night's episode. Ward has become a fantastic villain
that whole episode was dark.

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the Hydra origin story as they're trying to fine a being of immense power banished on a planet. I liked the Hydra explanation that they're a secret organization based on the premise that mankind can't be trusted with their own freedom.

It was funny when Ward was a hero in the first season, the fans couldn't stand him he was too squeeky clean. Even when he went over the Hydra he was conflicted and unsure, but now that he's gone full born revenge he's been a great villain.

Its funny how similar Coulson and Ward are, they're both extremely charming and mission driven, you can see Coulson with the proper inducements as a younger man would have been a Ward if he was Hydra.

Powers Booth was a great choice as the guy in Hydra, he plays evil as such a reasonable guy, and his plea to Ward to forget vengeance and buy into Hydra's vision and become a leader was almost a speech a hero would make.

They killed two significant characters in the first half hour of that show.

I'm really a fan of Shield.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #346
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

It was absolutely shocking seeing Rosalyn die at the start. It's too bad that's what it took for me to be convinced she wasn't a bad guy lol.

Ugh the way Coulson interrogated the whole team about Ward was sooo uncomfortable. So crazy seeing so many sides of Coulson in this one episode. From lover, to highly-trained agent, to emotional wreck, to vengeful SOB. All in a 45 minute span!

Also, Mack as Director was pretty neat to see.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #347
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
It was absolutely shocking seeing Rosalyn die at the start. It's too bad that's what it took for me to be convinced she wasn't a bad guy lol.

Ugh the way Coulson interrogated the whole team about Ward was sooo uncomfortable. So crazy seeing so many sides of Coulson in this one episode. From lover, to highly-trained agent, to emotional wreck, to vengeful SOB. All in a 45 minute span!

Also, Mack as Director was pretty neat to see.
I think it was supposed to be, the Coulson that we saw last night was not to far from what Ward is without the whole crazy element. They both are raging vengeance monsters. It was a neat switch that Ward was willing to at least temporarily forget about vengeance and lost to focus on the bigger picture, while Coulson has become completely consumed by his need for revenge.

Ward has in a sense become Hydra's Coulson, and Coulson has become Shields Ward. At least temporarily.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #348
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Any speculation on which comic book character the super powerful inhuman that the Hydra guy is trying to bring back to earth?
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:45 PM   #349
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Any speculation on which comic book character the super powerful inhuman that the Hydra guy is trying to bring back to earth?
Unspoken maybe? Possible setup for an ancient Inhumans movie or something? Maybe, maybe not? Although Lash and Gorgan showed up so it could be something. They never revealed the thing's name on the other planet so it's possible.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Unspoken_(Earth-616)

Or maybe Hive because he is connected to Hydra?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hive_(Earth-616)

Possibly might be Death as well if there is a tie in with Thanos and the upcoming movies. Not sure how this is going to play out.

Last edited by FlameOn; 12-02-2015 at 10:27 PM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #350
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is the astronaut Wil going to turn out to be infected with the evil entity.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:33 AM   #351
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Is the astronaut Wil going to turn out to be infected with the evil entity.
Until the last scene of the episode with Will, I was convinced that he was either the evil entity in human form, or he was an illusion created by the evil entity to mess with Jemma.

Even in the last scene of that episode where he drops the gun, my mind was going this is a trick.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #352
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think that somehow Will is either going to be Hydra or the entity that Hydra is looking for. I could see that other "thing" being Black Bolt or some kind of "good guy"
Old 12-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #353
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Until the last scene of the episode with Will, I was convinced that he was either the evil entity in human form, or he was an illusion created by the evil entity to mess with Jemma.

Even in the last scene of that episode where he drops the gun, my mind was going this is a trick.
I was thinking this but Will at a minimum was real on Earth when he went through the portal. I suppose real Will could have died on the planet and the black thing imitated him but then it would appear that the black thing didn't want to go back to earth.

It seems like the obvious thing though to have him be the evil thing.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #354
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!
Old 12-09-2015, 12:15 AM   #355
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Spoiler!

Old 12-09-2015, 12:18 AM   #356
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I was thinking this but Will at a minimum was real on Earth when he went through the portal. I suppose real Will could have died on the planet and the black thing imitated him but then it would appear that the black thing didn't want to go back to earth.

It seems like the obvious thing though to have him be the evil thing.
Spoiler!

Old 12-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #357
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

For me this season was the first that wasn't bad at any point and was actually quite good some times. But pretty much every time I feel "okay NOW this gets good"... they do something kinda meh with it. Mostly because all the "twists" and "tense action scenes" are just super predictable all the time. The dialogue isn't much either. The whole series is totally carried by the actors, who seem to be having some real fun.

Still a filler series for me. Loved the Lash plot though.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #358
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why the spoiler tags? You know we're going to be discussing the latest episodes in here.

How is this a filler series, Itse? It's better than the movies are.

Loved the episode. Lots of unanswered questions. Ward is still there, in weird possessed form. Looking forward to when we can see more.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:13 AM   #359
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
How is this a filler series, Itse? It's better than the movies are.
Eh, because it's not better than the movies, or even the best Marvel series (Jessica Jones and Daredevil are/were both better). And it's not like Marvel is the only thing you can watch either.

Also, filler in the sense that I wouldn't miss it at all if it ended right now. It's okay if you feel like watching something, but not something I'd take time to watch.

The dialogue and plot delivery is mostly pretty bad. The cast is quite good so they manage to cover for a lot of the weaknesses, but ultimately there's just not much flow or creativity to the whole thing. I can see pretty much every line and every twist coming miles away. Like the last episode, I could have written down 90% of what's going to happen before the episode starts.

It's almost as if the juicy characters and the overall plots were developed by one person and then the actual script was written by completely other people with much less talent.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:41 PM   #360
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Eh, because it's not better than the movies, or even the best Marvel series (Jessica Jones and Daredevil are/were both better). And it's not like Marvel is the only thing you can watch either.

Also, filler in the sense that I wouldn't miss it at all if it ended right now. It's okay if you feel like watching something, but not something I'd take time to watch.
All the movies? I personally would put Shield (especially this season so far) above Ironman 2 and 3, Hulk, Ultron, Thor: Dark World (which I actually didn't mind), maybe on par with Captain America 1 (which I like more than most others it seems) and Ant Man.

Filler is probably not the right term to use, since Shield ties into the MCU much more than Daredevil (and Jessica Jones I assume? Haven't watched it yet). I consider filler as episodes or shows that do not contribute to any main story lines or character development. Anime is the best example I can think of, where a show diverts from the manga an episode for a period of time, creating self-contained (and often crappy) storylines while the manga pulls away a bit. Shield has direct ties into the movies, and will have a strong impact on Civil War. But I get your point, where you see Shield as something you personally could do without.

Back to the last episode: man...the way Coulson killed Ward...that was dark. Not even shooting him. Just...crushing his chest