Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2024, 08:26 PM   #6441
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
I doubt you are interested in engaging in meaningful discussion based on how much rhetoric you included but I gave you a fair answer.
So you're perfectly fine with genocide and the slaughter hand starvation of tens of thousands of children.

I'm interested in honest discussion but that's not happening with you. You have shown multiple times in this thread and been pointed out multiple times by multiple people that you shamelessly lie and shamelessly throw out baseless accusations then run on to repeat. You're dishonest. It's just what you are.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...postcount=6404

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:46 PM   #6442
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
We know they started it and we also found out that Israel could have had the hostages back already.

Hamas is horrible and to blame for so much of this. Who exactly do you think you’re arguing with?
Sounds like we agree!
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:50 PM   #6443
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Sounds like we agree!
Exactly. You’re probably a lot closer to more people here than you think, but you’re so obsessed with calling them vile anti-semites you can’t see past it. If you put that knee-jerk reaction to rest, you’d spend a lot less time wondering why it feels like everyone is against you.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2024, 09:20 PM   #6444
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly. You’re probably a lot closer to more people here than you think, but you’re so obsessed with calling them vile anti-semites you can’t see past it. If you put that knee-jerk reaction to rest, you’d spend a lot less time wondering why it feels like everyone is against you.
How about you post those cases where I did what you accuse me of? All these smears and not one quote.
Old 05-04-2024, 09:34 PM   #6445
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
How about you post those cases where I did what you accuse me of? All these smears and not one quote.
Haha alright man, stay mad and hate everyone. Who cares.
Old 05-04-2024, 09:45 PM   #6446
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Such a dishonest hypocrite.
Still waiting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2024, 10:59 PM   #6447
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
At least you’ve stopped sharing anti-muslim hate sites to make your point. That was an awkward period of your posting history.
I must have alzheimer's, would you mind showing links where I shared these hate sites?

Considering I wouldn't even know where to find these sites I would guess you're just full of s*** and down a quart.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2024, 11:10 PM   #6448
Language
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
So you're perfectly fine with genocide and the slaughter hand starvation of tens of thousands of children.

I'm interested in honest discussion but that's not happening with you. You have shown multiple times in this thread and been pointed out multiple times by multiple people that you shamelessly lie and shamelessly throw out baseless accusations then run on to repeat. You're dishonest. It's just what you are.

You are not interested in honest discussion.

It should be very clear to you at this point, that the mere idea that a genocide is taking place is up for debate, and is very contentious.

And yet you continue to beat this drum and keep saying things like “so you’re ok with genocide happening, etc” as a leading question and discussion point. How do you expect a constructive conversation to come out of that.

If you want to have an honest discussion on Israel’s strategic tactics on how they are conducting this war, that’s one thing.

But you are also very blinded in certain aspects and are incapable of accepting another viewpoint. I asked you months ago if all war is considered genocide, and you never gave me a clear answer. Were the Allied bombings on Nazi Germany a genocide? Was literally every war that has taken place where civilians have paid a heavy price a genocide?

I can’t believe I’m getting roped in to responding in this thread again. I know it’s pointless and a waste of time, despite the fact I can’t resist sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Language is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Language For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2024, 11:18 PM   #6449
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Now if someone was to say, hey, why didn't Israel do X or Y, I would be happy to step up and offer my opinion.
I asked you about the blind eye that has been turned by the police, IDF and Israeli government for decades on the Settlers. They've given all the ammo Hamas terrorist recruiters could ever wish for, contributing to this mess.

You completely ignored it.

Also, for the record, I take similar positions to anyone that attempts to justify the October 7th attacks "because Israel did ___ or ___". If all that is needed to justify slaughter, rape and famine of innocent people is to find an example of the other side wronging you, everyone in the region is utterly ####ed anyway.

Last edited by Bill Bumface; 05-04-2024 at 11:21 PM.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2024, 04:15 AM   #6450
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Language View Post
You are not interested in honest discussion.
Is that so?

We have multiple posters here that have deliberately lied in this thread to extremes such as stating Israel is overfeeding Gaza and you want to focus on me?

And you have already shown yourself to be either amazingly gullible in this thread or willing to push the Israeli narrative. So maybe check yourself first?

You can deflect to other conflicts but there is genocide taking place. Was there declared intent to kill any type of civilians in all these other conflicts for one?

Last edited by Bagor; 05-05-2024 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:58 AM   #6451
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Avoiding what? Why don't you describe what exactly Hamas did that was vile? You are sanitizing their evil to a single question, hoping that you can use that to equate Israel to Hamas. It is an argument for the simple minded.

Now if someone was to say, hey, why didn't Israel do X or Y, I would be happy to step up and offer my opinion. At this point, I have yet to see someone offer an alternative to Israel's response besides lay down and die.

I have made my position very clear so many times, you guys have some wild fantasies about me. Maybe go through my history and you can see my position. I am pro peace, unlike many of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I asked that 100's of pages ago.

"crickets"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Nobody has said that. Nobody expects them to turn the other cheek. That's preposterous.

We expect them to hold those who planned, funded and perpetrated the attack to account.

That requires them going into any country on planet earth to find and kill any Hamas leadership that is responsible wherever they may be hiding. You need diplomacy and spies to make that happen. Get on it.

They also have the unenviable job of rooting out Hamas leadership within Gaza. That is difficult, dangerous, time consuming and doesn't have the whizz-bang factor that dropping bombs here there and everywhere has. It would require patience and the help/support of Palestinians.

A good way to have garnered support from Palestinians would have been to treat them like equal humans prior to October 7. Too late now for that, and as evidenced by the thoughtless takes in this thread, all of this madness started on October 7 and you aren't allowed to point out prior history or Israeli atrocities directed at Gazans. I'll let that part go because the cheerleaders for the Israeli army can't seem to hold these two thoughts in their heads simultaneously: the October 7 attack was evil, horrible and worthy of severe punishment/retribution AND Israel's response is going to make a dangerous situation worse and the slaughter of innocent civilians is unacceptable. Kinda weird how they're all up in arms (rightfully) at Hamas slaughtering their people, but can justify Israel slaughtering 10x (and counting) more Palestinians, but again, not here to argue that since I'm at the point where I have to accept that supporters of this Israeli government are not mentally equipped to grasp that.

In short, you'd have to be a moron to believe Israel doesn't have the right to respond. I believe you also have to be a moron to think anything and everything Israel does is permissible and acceptable as a response. There are responses that would be ethical, proportionate, punitive and substantive enough to deter future attacks; however, Israel's current approach is counter to all of those points. Their murderous and blood-thirsty response is unethical, disproportionate and will only worsen relations (and safety) in the area.
I mean, here's one post (of dozens) in this thread addressing exactly what you guys say isn't being addressed. This one is from November 2023 and when there were 30,000 people yet to be murdered by Israel between then and now.

Are you able to even grasp the amount of suffering your worldview has caused between then and now?

Are you deficient in some way that prevents you from seeing that Hamas is awful, the attack on Israel was terrible and worthy of punishment, while also acknowledging that Israel's response has just increased human suffering and killed more innocents than can ever be justified?

Why can't you want the hostages back, want those responsible for the attacks brought to justice while also wanting civilian lives and infrastructure to be safe from harm? How is that not the default position of everybody on earth?

I'm not an antisemite. You guys, though, are anti-palestinian and are willing to publicly voice your support of murdering a group of humans. I hope this stance follows you around because it's evil and should discount you from any public position that requires objectivity, an open mind, empathy, intelligence and equanimity. You continue to show you are the worst of us.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:00 AM   #6452
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Is that so?

We have multiple posters here that have deliberately lied in this thread to extremes such as stating Israel is overfeeding Gaza and you want to focus on me?

And you have already shown yourself to be either amazingly gullible in this thread or willing to push the Israeli narrative. So maybe check yourself first?

You can deflect to other conflicts but there is genocide taking place. Was there declared intent to kill any type of civilians in all these other conflicts for one?
Well…fire bombing cities or dropping nuclear bombs is implied intent to kill civilians…
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zulu29 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2024, 09:29 AM   #6453
Skootenbeeten
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t know if it’s my best or not, it’s just what you’re worth which ain’t much.

Look at who thanked your post. You decided to haul your bigot brain out of retirement to flail around like a toddler having a temper tantrum and it turns out you’re only popular to the guys who hate palestinians so much they call dead children a “win” lol.

Nothing you’ve ever said has ever been over someone’s head. People are laughing at you. You know that, right? You get that you’re the joke?
Aww it's ok bb, I'm sure your buddies in Iran will continue to fund their terror cells. Don't cry too hard, you still get to launch rockets at Israel and then play victim. You still get to break ceasefires, you still get to start wars and cry about stolen land while you burn women and children alive. Oh Noble freedom fighters who rape civilians. Keep fighting that good fight oh terrorist simp.

Last edited by Skootenbeeten; 05-05-2024 at 09:32 AM.
Skootenbeeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:23 AM   #6454
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like this thread has run its useful course about 7 1/2 months ago.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2024, 11:16 AM   #6455
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootenbeeten View Post
Aww it's ok bb, I'm sure your buddies in Iran will continue to fund their terror cells. Don't cry too hard, you still get to launch rockets at Israel and then play victim. You still get to break ceasefires, you still get to start wars and cry about stolen land while you burn women and children alive. Oh Noble freedom fighters who rape civilians. Keep fighting that good fight oh terrorist simp.
lol
Old 05-05-2024, 04:18 PM   #6456
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I asked you about the blind eye that has been turned by the police, IDF and Israeli government for decades on the Settlers. They've given all the ammo Hamas terrorist recruiters could ever wish for, contributing to this mess.

You completely ignored it.

Also, for the record, I take similar positions to anyone that attempts to justify the October 7th attacks "because Israel did ___ or ___". If all that is needed to justify slaughter, rape and famine of innocent people is to find an example of the other side wronging you, everyone in the region is utterly ####ed anyway.

I have been very clear about the settlers for years here, not sure why you are saying I ignored something. If there is legit discussion, I am happy to answer. I know several posters like to pretend otherwise, but I am pretty good. Unless I miss the question entirely.

The settlers don't exist anywhere near Hamas, unless Hamas is also in the West Bank. In fact, Israel forced out every jew from Gaza 20 years ago, that is when Hamas prospered in Gaza. So it really isn't fair to say that because there are settlers, Hamas can recruit. Israel withdrew what would basically be settlers in Gaza, and extremism replaced them.

Regarding settlers adjacent to the West Bank, yes they are controversial. But Israel considers this Israeli land. You would have to walk through whose land you think it is, which is a rather academic process. It isn't just the land is Palestinian, there are numerous factors associated with it. It could all go away if Palestinians make peace with Israel, there would be a land swap as per the peace plan.

Multiple posts in this thread made some major accusations about settlers - not all have been in some crazy violence, but some certainly have. In general, settlers will say Palestinians did X, so we did Y, and visa versa. I don't approve of any of that. The two sides need to find common ground and create steps to get there. If Israelis had guarantees to safety, I am fairly confident that they would be happy with an outcome. That isn't quite the same on the Palestinian side, we can I am sure agree there are major players on the Palestinian side whose goal is not peace. Not everyone mind you, but a significant boulder to move.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2024, 04:33 PM   #6457
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
I mean, here's one post (of dozens) in this thread addressing exactly what you guys say isn't being addressed. This one is from November 2023 and when there were 30,000 people yet to be murdered by Israel between then and now.
You are getting a bit more incoherent with every post. There is so much rhetoric in what you are typing, I am not sure if anyone would take your comments seriously.

You previously stated that 'Hamas had to hide under civilians, where else were they supposed to go to hide from the IDF?'

There is only one reason they hide from the IDF, that is due to murdering Israeli civilians, for terrorism. They attack and hide. You think they should be allowed to do this, well Israel was patient for many years. No one helped, UN laughed at them, Israel is focused on destroying Hamas.

As per the strategy you highlighted, they hid below civilians.

Quote:
Are you able to even grasp the amount of suffering your worldview has caused between then and now?
My worldview does not make anyone suffer, I am not sure what that connection is. I am stable enough to debate what Israel might be doing better or worse at. How about the worldview for 20 years ignoring Israel being attacked by Hamas yet the UN over and over pointed fingers at Israel due to dictatorships basically running the show there. That has led to suffering, on both sides.

Quote:
Are you deficient in some way that prevents you from seeing that Hamas is awful, the attack on Israel was terrible and worthy of punishment, while also acknowledging that Israel's response has just increased human suffering and killed more innocents than can ever be justified?
I am not willing to compare a terrorist group with a country that has been under attack for decades fighting for its survival. That does not make me deficient. You can't seem to figure this out. Pick a war and compare to this. No one is judged like Israel is. You have to ignore multiple wars/oppression going on right now to even get to Israel. China, Syria, Sudan, Ukraine, all worse, and also all caused by the same belligerents that attacked Israel. So I think it is you that has to read a book and become educated to comment on this.

Quote:
Why can't you want the hostages back, want those responsible for the attacks brought to justice while also wanting civilian lives and infrastructure to be safe from harm? How is that not the default position of everybody on earth?
I think we all want that. The question is how to get there. Israel did not want to dedicate (I am suggesting since I am not making the IDF commands) thousands of troops when they are completely surrounded by Iranian militias. Hams, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, Syria, Iran, the list goes on. I know this is hard to understand with the death and destruction.

Quote:
I'm not an antisemite. You guys, though, are anti-palestinian and are willing to publicly voice your support of murdering a group of humans. I hope this stance follows you around because it's evil and should discount you from any public position that requires objectivity, an open mind, empathy, intelligence and equanimity. You continue to show you are the worst of us.
I am 100% against terror and violence. There isn't much you will find from me, besides being fooled by some of the other posters, that would suggest otherwise. I don't know how you jump from 'your not an antisemite, yet you guys'...what guys? And if you think Israel is just a bunch of murderers, and we are evil, and that I am discounted from public positions for something you can't even quote me on, that sounds like a you thing, not a me thing. And us guys are the worst of us.

How about not judging Israel differently?
Old 05-05-2024, 04:35 PM   #6458
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

lol you're so smart I can't even refute your genius reply.

Last edited by Sliver; 05-05-2024 at 04:50 PM.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 04:58 PM   #6459
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
lol you're so smart I can't even refute your genius reply.
Back to insults...seems like a common tactic for the anti-Israel posters. Deny, lie, deflect, accuse, name call, repeat. No debate, no discussion, no freedom to speak or something.
Old 05-05-2024, 05:32 PM   #6460
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Back to insults...seems like a common tactic for the anti-Israel posters. Deny, lie, deflect, accuse, name call, repeat. No debate, no discussion, no freedom to speak or something.
Dude all you do is put words in people's mouth. Literally 99% of your posts are accusations and lies.

You don't argue in good faith and make up lies much like Israeli government officials.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post: