Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-27-2017, 07:23 AM   #121
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I got a reminder email from my rep to renew. What is interesting is that it mentioned renewals for a 1/2 season or moving to game packs.

"We understand that people may not be in a position to continue with their tickets, however we ask that you let us know so that we can take you off our email and call lists. I can also assist by offering alternatives, e.g. only renewing for half a season or switching to a Game Pack instead."

There must be lots of STHs holding off on their final decision compared to prior years. Myself included. It's tough to swallow a 5% increase -- everything else has gone up so the family budget is getting stretched out. Contrary to the above quote, I don't believe that they truly "...understand that people may not be in a position to continue..."

Add in the fact that it's getting harder and harder to sell off tickets (at less than cost) that we don't use (8 pm weekday games may be TV contract friendly, but ARE NOT FAN FRIENDLY ). Add in the secondary fact that, last year, I could buy tickets to lots of games for way way less than cost. Finally, what's with the dixie cup sized ice cream last year? The only way they'll get smaller is to start serving it in those little ketchup containers at fast food restaurants. I'm not committed to renewing.

That being said, I became a season ticket holder so that I have the option to attend all the games that I want to attend. Also, I want dibs to my seats in the new arena. LOL -- I signed up as a STH initially due to the talk of a new arena (star wars theme)..."A long time ago...".

I still have 3 more days to decide....
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #122
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

"We understand that you may be hit hard by the recession but stop focusing on that for a moment and focus on us, the Calgary Flames, so that we can stop focusing on stupid broke you, unnecessarily".
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #123
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I received the same email and considered the half season option. I doubt you get the same discount or seniority rights as a full time member would.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #124
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
"We understand that you may be hit hard by the recession but stop focusing on that for a moment and focus on us, the Calgary Flames, so that we can stop focusing on stupid broke you, unnecessarily".
I don't think that the Flames wanted you to read between the lines....
Old 05-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #125
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec218 View Post
I received the same email and considered the half season option. I doubt you get the same discount or seniority rights as a full time member would.
Losing seniority rights would be a pain, but what does it really do for you? The seat relocation? I only managed once to move my seats and that was with 2 years seniority. Have not been able to move since. There is a lot of luck involved.

Also, I suspect that the wait list is non-existent now...wasn't there a deal prior to the playoffs where you would get playoff seats if you signed up as a STH? It may have been press level...?
Old 05-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #126
Calgaryguy73
Draft Pick

My dad passed away and have transferred his tickets to my name and was considering renewing but I see lots of posts on here saying the tickets are hard to sell and sometimes go at a loss. How often would you say you lose money? Is it more like 10% of the games or is it more like 50-75% of the time? Thanks in advance.
Calgaryguy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #127
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryguy73 View Post
My dad passed away and have transferred his tickets to my name and was considering renewing but I see lots of posts on here saying the tickets are hard to sell and sometimes go at a loss. How often would you say you lose money? Is it more like 10% of the games or is it more like 50-75% of the time? Thanks in advance.
It depends on the price point, sometimes day of week and opposition. More expensive tickets are getting harder to move.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #128
Knut

Exp:

I find that selling weekend games is relatively easy but it is easy to take a loss/not be able to sell the weekday games.

You probably can not expect to recoup the full amount, but should look at finding someone to pre purchase a quarter or half season. I split mine in 3 with the last third split amongst a few different people with no rights to playoff games. The guy that takes the other third gets a guaranteed playoff game every round.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #129
Calgaryguy73
Draft Pick

My dads tickets were in the whites. Thanks for the replies!
Calgaryguy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #130
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Mine are whites too. I had to sell several mid-week games at 100-120 a pair. So that is a 30-50 dollar loss. I was able to re-coup with some of the higher demand games, but not once did I sell above ticketmaster pricing.

I should do the math, but I would guess that I was a bit out of pocket this year. That's the premium for having the initial choice of games and the rights to playoff games.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #131
Cantrader
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I was lucky with my PL seats, only very few weekday games and preseason that I had trouble selling even at a 30% loss. Majority of them I was able to resell them when I could not attend.
Cantrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #132
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryguy73 View Post
My dads tickets were in the whites. Thanks for the replies!
It really depends where in the whites too.

Mine are in 212, Row 13, right at dead center. So only 2 rows of whites are better (been trying to move into those rows for years and years).

I sold, or gave away, 4 pairs at a loss. But also scalped a few premium games at a big profit. And, sold a number at break even. And I attended about 25 games.

You definitely won't make a fortune reselling your tickets these days but I broke even last year.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:48 AM   #133
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

A big reason I won't relocate or upgrade from first row blacks is because of resale. I can usually get my money back at the very least when the team is winning. I kept track of all my ticket sales this season. I attended 9 regular season games and it is only going to cost me $300 to renew. Part of the reason I did so well was having to sell premium games because I couldn't make it, which was a coincidence. I can easily justify keeping my tickets at those numbers.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:56 PM   #134
Cantrader
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrader View Post
Thanks, I did not get this email. Any STH missing this email? I have to keep an eye for the next email.
I still have not received an email from my rep about relocation. Is that the case for most folks? Thanks
Old 05-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #135
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You will receive an email the week of June 5th regarding interest in relocation.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #136
Cantrader
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
You will receive an email the week of June 5th regarding interest in relocation.
Thanks, is it if you cannot find better seats, then you can still keep your old seats? I am assuming it is going to work that way.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:30 PM   #137
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks, is it if you cannot find better seats, then you can still keep your old seats? I am assuming it is going to work that way.
Yes. If you don't make a move you stay where you are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Southside For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 11:26 PM   #138
bcneil
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, you aren't forced to drop your seats. But that would sure be a more exciting way to do it
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:49 AM   #139
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Reminder today is the last day to renew. Anyone still on the fence?
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:57 AM   #140
Cantrader
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Hopefully, STH will be rewarded with the new dome. Recently, I have visited the new T mobile dome in LV. The place kinda bare, but modern. Seems like every seats get s good view as it is more up /down than stretch out.Surprisingly not a lot of private suites like our dome.Simple food is expensive like the dome crappy hotdog for $7usd.