Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 07:59 AM   #10181
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
Grab some Kleenex.

If our ever wanted to know what a player who was playing to be traded looks like, TJ Brodie just put on a clinic. It looks like it would be best for the player and the team if he were moved.
Not even close to convinced it is Brodie being moved.

In my opinion Dougie is the guy that they will ship out
Old 04-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #10182
Dan403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Not even close to convinced it is Brodie being moved.

In my opinion Dougie is the guy that they will ship out
You're so wrong on Hamilton.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dan403 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #10183
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

If they trade Hamilton before giving him a full season on PP1 with Tkachuk, Monahan, Gaudreau, and someone else who can score I will be so frustrated. They should at least wait to give him a chance to show his full potential before shopping him out of town, sell high, buy low.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #10184
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nobody knows WHO or even IF a defencemen is getting shipped out. Maybe Treliving uses the prospects. Maybe he stands pat. We have no clue.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:39 AM   #10185
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan403 View Post
You're so wrong on Hamilton.
How do you know this?
Old 04-17-2018, 11:42 AM   #10186
gunnner
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Trade Stone for a 3rd rounder. Hire a new coach. Start the season.
Gio-Hamilton
Anderson-Hamonic
Kulak-Brodie

If Brodie cant get it together with easy minutes, move him out for a forward or picks. Brodie can still skate, but i couldnt beleive how bad his defensive instincts have gotten. he was always caught flat footed. That being said, his skating should thrive in todays game. So give him another 30 games with a new coach and easier minutes, and if he still struggles, then give him a change of scenery.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #10187
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Nobody knows WHO or even IF a defencemen is getting shipped out. Maybe Treliving uses the prospects. Maybe he stands pat. We have no clue.
I sincerely hope he does no't push prospects into the all in pot. Move a high value roster player and move along.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #10188
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I sincerely hope he does no't push prospects into the all in pot. Move a high value roster player and move along.
At some point you have to expect some of the prospects to get moved. Not all of Valimaki, Kylington, Andersson and Fox are going to make the jump - that's just not a realistic expectation. Up to Treliving to assign value to each one and figure out which one to keep.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #10189
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hamilton is so far beyond Brodie in skill. They're not even comparable players at all at this point. It would be assinine to trade Hamilton, and it would likely improve the team dramatically if we removed Brodie and his constant boneheaded plays from the back end
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #10190
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
At some point you have to expect some of the prospects to get moved. Not all of Valimaki, Kylington, Andersson and Fox are going to make the jump - that's just not a realistic expectation. Up to Treliving to assign value to each one and figure out which one to keep.
Fox should be shipped IMO- only a 50% chance at best that he signs here and he should hold pretty significant value. If we add him to a piece like Brodie we can probably land a pretty significant forward piece!
Old 04-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #10191
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Evander Kane has looked great in a Sharks jersey. I'd sure like to see him sign with us July 1st
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 04:24 PM   #10192
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
Evander Kane has looked great in a Sharks jersey. I'd sure like to see him sign with us July 1st
Why wouldn’t he just sign with the Sharks ! That’s my bet after they win the cup 😏
Old 04-17-2018, 04:26 PM   #10193
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He's going to want $7M I bet. And he didn't look that great in a Jets or Sabres jersey. So it's a real question of fit.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:27 PM   #10194
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Why wouldn’t he just sign with the Sharks ! That’s my bet after they win the cup 😏
Depends if the Sharks want to spend the extra pick level (and money).
Old 04-17-2018, 04:28 PM   #10195
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
They do have to upgrade their second in the trade to a first, which no other team has to do. But at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they do.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:47 PM   #10196
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He is getting his first crack at the playoffs, and is in a contract year. Of course he is motivated every night. And when he is motivated, he is a good player.

Next year, he'll have a multi-year deal in his pocket for $6 or $7M per. And he will settle back into the part-time player that he has always been.

And whoever signs him to that contract will rue the day.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 05:29 PM   #10197
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think he'll "sit back" next year...at all. If he's on a good team, he'll make them better and if he's on a bad team he might face a bit. He's a great complimentary player how big, fast, tough and can score. He's been on 2 crap teams and was relied on too much. He's a younger version of Phil Kessel but tough. I don't get why people are so negative when it comes to him.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:47 PM   #10198
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
He is getting his first crack at the playoffs, and is in a contract year. Of course he is motivated every night. And when he is motivated, he is a good player.

Next year, he'll have a multi-year deal in his pocket for $6 or $7M per. And he will settle back into the part-time player that he has always been.

And whoever signs him to that contract will rue the day.
Yeah. There's definitely some buyer beware with this player. He's not the first guy to start giving a crap conveniently in a contract year. Career high 54 points this season is okay but he's not magically going to turn into a 70 point player and he's never played a full season in his career. He's a 45-60 point guy that can score 20-30 goals that is not universally loved in locker rooms. I don't know if he's worth $6 million or more on a long term deal. Seems like a pretty risky gamble and I fully expect a team or two to bite out of desperation but these types of UFA contracts rarely ever work out well.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:24 PM   #10199
ColoradoFlamesFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/04/14/in...-ryan-oreilly/
ROR has been talked about as a solution for the flames. I hope this pours some water on that idea.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:30 PM   #10200
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not for me it doesn't but hopefully it somehow decreases his trade value so BT can snag him cheaply.
Closed Thread