Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2024, 01:25 AM   #181
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

THe dimples that Kuzy has are amazing. He obviously smiles so much. His energy is top notch. Don't trade him now. He had 39 last year. That's very hard to do obviously. If he can regain his moxie here we have a valuable piece at a decent contract.

I like that conny isn't scared of Slavic/Russian/Eastern european players. This kid could team really well with Sharky. They are passing the eye test thats for sure. Plus he's the best pure sniper we have had since toffoli and is a way more dynamic talent than him.

I'm excited for sure with what I have seen. Sign OK and start working some more kids into the line up. Seems like Lindy was a real debbie on this team.

I still think that the streak correlates to Pospisil. That guy is a terrific straw that stirs the drink for this team and one that doesn't need PP1 ice time or top line team mates.

I'd still move Hanifin but he's doing what I want, along with our other assets, and that's boost his stock.

I'm real happy that Pelltier is back. He really got the worst of that cheap hit in preseason vs that guy whose name we don't even recall. He is a great glue guy and so is MP. Those two and Zary are a real development win from the scouting staff to the AHL team to Management giving them the runway to develop. I'm quite impressed with this club's new approach.

I'm a bit reluctant to give up markstrom now if this team can push as it is towards a playoff spot. Imagine this scenario:

We sneak in, 8 seed, we play Van, We beat Van. We get van's pick. That would be a massive turn of events.

To tell you the truth, I don't like Van's chances in the Playoffs. They don't have the experience in the dance as a group. They are gonna need Demko to play out of his mind to make up for the lack of playoff reps.

Big win for the flames. Keep it going. Huska has these guys playing for eachother and I'm here for it.
Old 02-09-2024, 01:30 AM   #182
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames record with Pospisil in the lineup is unreal actually
Old 02-09-2024, 03:03 AM   #183
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Lidstrom View Post
THe dimples that Kuzy has are amazing. He obviously smiles so much. His energy is top notch. Don't trade him now. He had 39 last year. That's very hard to do obviously. If he can regain his moxie here we have a valuable piece at a decent contract.

I like that conny isn't scared of Slavic/Russian/Eastern european players. This kid could team really well with Sharky. They are passing the eye test thats for sure. Plus he's the best pure sniper we have had since toffoli and is a way more dynamic talent than him.

I'm excited for sure with what I have seen. Sign OK and start working some more kids into the line up. Seems like Lindy was a real debbie on this team.

I still think that the streak correlates to Pospisil. That guy is a terrific straw that stirs the drink for this team and one that doesn't need PP1 ice time or top line team mates.

I'd still move Hanifin but he's doing what I want, along with our other assets, and that's boost his stock.

I'm real happy that Pelltier is back. He really got the worst of that cheap hit in preseason vs that guy whose name we don't even recall. He is a great glue guy and so is MP. Those two and Zary are a real development win from the scouting staff to the AHL team to Management giving them the runway to develop. I'm quite impressed with this club's new approach.

I'm a bit reluctant to give up markstrom now if this team can push as it is towards a playoff spot. Imagine this scenario:

We sneak in, 8 seed, we play Van, We beat Van. We get van's pick. That would be a massive turn of events.

To tell you the truth, I don't like Van's chances in the Playoffs. They don't have the experience in the dance as a group. They are gonna need Demko to play out of his mind to make up for the lack of playoff reps.

Big win for the flames. Keep it going. Huska has these guys playing for eachother and I'm here for it.

I’m not a geneticist, but…

You don’t just get dimples by smiling a lot
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 05:59 AM   #184
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
I still can’t believe how quickly they turned the atmosphere of this team around from last year and Sutter. You gotta give it to Conroy and Huska
Yep
Really starting to look like a heavy dark cloud was lifted last week
All In Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 06:12 AM   #185
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
The very end...."now we go playoffs"

These boys are believers in themselves.
Gaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaudfather For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2024, 07:48 AM   #186
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedFlames View Post
In the longer version, you can see it’s Mangiapane.
"You play no good.
I take your stall
I take your stall
I take your stall"
Old 02-09-2024, 07:51 AM   #187
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I'm looking forward to a montage video of the Flames defeating contender after contender as they claw their way into the final playoff spot to the back drop of Red Hot.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:54 AM   #188
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Cowardly officiating is my guess.
Pospisil barley touched him and Kadri then got shoved into him.
The faceoff ended up in the Devils zone too.
When I used to ref basketball (I coached when I taught school so sometimes we got drafted into doing that kind of thing) an older ref said "If you see something that looks wrong you blow the whistle and then figure out the infraction". I think that's what happened. They saw the goalie's head snap back from Pospisil, they saw Kadri fall into the goalie.

In most cases that actually works because you don't want a play continuing when there's been a foul. But here it didn't. Espeically since nothing that happens after the puck gets kicked through to Pospisil changes anything - it's not like Vanacek is anywhere near able to get back to the goal without Kadri around.

Although TBF, while Kadri did get tripped into Vanacek, I imagine like, say, Tkachuk, he didn't really mind.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 08:01 AM   #189
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
Do we have a new buddy buddy line?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1755787457864643009
Duehr and Pelletier have a fair bit of Wranglers time together and Rooney and Pelts are surgery buddies.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:12 AM   #190
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames are looking great since the VCR trade. The last couple of months will be very interesting. I personally hope they make the playoffs. I’m sure the players do as well. Hopefully Conroy has their back a bit. That will also effect chemistry and morale.

I guess in the end he has to do what’s best for the organization. In the end the players also are part of the decision. If Hanifin and Tanev want to bail there’s not much Conman can do.

Can’t wait for the drama to be over.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 08:22 AM   #191
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
F all the way off Sportsnet. Apparently Backlund scored “from the Draisaitl zone”.
Yeah, that and apparently the Flames are only fighting for that WC spot because they can't catch the Oilers who are 6 up on them. Although the Oilers, 9 back of Vegas, are on their heels.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 08:23 AM   #192
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
The Flames record with Pospisil in the lineup is unreal actually
He only has to be in the game for 5 minutes for it to have effect.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:32 AM   #193
Electricprez
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Can you imagine the absolute radiating joyful energy Rooney must be experiencing sitting between Kuzmenko and Pelletier?

It's like being cuddled by two golden retrievers.
Electricprez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Electricprez For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2024, 08:33 AM   #194
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wrong thread

Last edited by Heavy Jack; 02-09-2024 at 08:35 AM.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 05:28 AM   #195
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Post game links
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/2567859/
https://www.espn.com/nhl/game/_/game.../flames-devils
https://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/401560025
https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/scores?date=2024-02-08
https://fieldlevelmedia.com/news/fla...hird-straight/