Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2016, 10:20 AM   #141
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
And a 6'5" 26 year old unable to stick up for himself is Joe Colborne in a nutshell too.
That's not how it works
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #142
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dying4acup View Post
God damn, I don't care if I'm banned or whatever. This was an embaressment. The players on that team should be ashamed for playing with no pride. It was an important night on HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA, and a FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAME player reached a career milestone!

Maybe it is Jaromes fault for leaving the Flames, but I have no doubt that this team or any from the past would have put up a much better effort, in fact a world class weffort, for a world class player!
I find it hilarious what some posters feel is ban worthy posting, haha. This guy just comes out of nowhere with a "this'll be my last post cause here comes the banhammer!!!" proclamation, then proceeds to give a scathing but well worded, mildly emotional post towards a TEAM, not another poster.

I bet the mods wish every poster thought this was the type of post that is too personal/distasteful for this site.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 04:04 PM   #143
Young_Guns
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Connor, It's Mess View Post
39 year old playing in his 1,500th and is the only one on the ice to stick up for a teammate. That's Iggy (and the Avs) in a nutshell.
And the funny thing is that people (mainly on other forums) seem to think he is the reason for the Avs being where they are.
Young_Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:03 PM   #144
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/j...s-career-ends/

Quote:
“In Round 1, we were on the bus from the Vancouver rink to the airport to go back to Calgary after splitting the first two games,” said Denis Gauthier, a defenceman on that Flames team. “Everyone in the back of the bus was talking about how we lost Game 1 and how things were going to get tough for us when Jarome caught everyone’s attention by saying, ‘Hey guys, nobody gave us a chance, but we won Game 2, and [Flames goaltender Mikka Kiprusoff] is better than their goalie [Dan Cloutier], this guy is better than that guy, and we can do this. And once we do it, we can go through whoever comes next.’

“He was going into detail about how we’d make our run, and he had such a convincing tone that we kinda forgot that we had no chance of winning against Vancouver. He was so positive. I don’t think we believed in how good we could be, we didn’t have a lot of skill that year. But his sense of belief carried over for all of us and we beat Vancouver in [seven] games, we beat Detroit in six, we beat San Jose in six and lost to Tampa in seven.”

And the way Iginla led on the ice over the course of that run is the stuff of legends.
Quote:
“He fought Mattias Ohlund in the first round, fought Derian Hatcher in Detroit, he had a war with San Jose’s Scott Hannan, and he fought Vinny Lecavalier in Tampa,” said Conroy. “It was always a game where we were losing by a goal or two or the game was out of reach or we were down in the series; he did it just to give us a spark. It wasn’t calculated, but he figured it was his chance and he was going to take it right at that moment. He wouldn’t say anything, but he’d be on the bench and you’d know he wasn’t happy and next thing you know he’d just jump someone.

“He was going after the hardest guy. And they played him physical, they were hooking at the time, they were holding, and I think fighting actually gave him more room as the series rolled along, and other guys took notice too. He was like, ‘Are you next?’”
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #145
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Craig Conroy says one shift from '04 Cup Finals will always define Jarome Iginla's career:
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #146
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Craig Conroy says one shift from '04 Cup Finals will always define Jarome Iginla's career:
I think it was posted earlier, but here it is in better quality:
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2016, 07:46 AM   #147
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Connor, It's Mess View Post
39 year old playing in his 1,500th and is the only one on the ice to stick up for a teammate. That's Iggy (and the Avs) in a nutshell.
Exactly this.
FWIW Habs color man, former NHLer Sergio Momesso, was very harsh on Emelin for the timing of the hit, and top RDS guy Francois Gagnon called it incredibly stupid, chastised Emelin for hiding behind Price, and heaped praise on Iginla as the old man who was the only who had the sense to step up when the rest of the kids stood around looking at their skate laces.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote