Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2021, 10:48 PM   #1681
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mull View Post
I think its both sides. The left in Canada loves to take on social movements in the states, and the right, well does what you say.

We had quite a few anti-trump rally's here for example, and he was a fairly elected president in 2016, even with the popular vote issue.

Canadians take their talking points from the states a great deal, as much as we pretend it doesn't occur.
Yeah, sorry that's a good point. I could make a documentary on the stupidity of Canada's left. Didn't mean to leave them out as if it was only conservatives.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:57 AM   #1682
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
This times 1000x. Honestly, any time things like "right to choose" and "gun violence" comes up in Canadian politics it's due to things happening south of the border, and so many Canadians consume U.S. political content and news/infotainment programs that they have a hard time understanding that American politics and problems (and associated statistics) don't have any bearing here. Yet, it influences political discourse like nothing I've ever seen.

Moreso, the Liberal party, for example, is closely coordinating tactics, policies, and talking points with Democratic strategists south of the border, knowing full-well that Canadians pay a lot of close attention to U.S. news. It plays right into their hand.
The right to choose one is unfortunate because our Federal Conservatives do it to themselves.

They seem to love to vote on it when making their platform (I think in 2016 focusing on abortion was only defeated 52-48%) , or elect a leader who personally doesn't agree with it but claim it wouldn't impact his leadership (Sheer). This gives the left a fair talking point.
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corruption , dictatorship , historyrepeats , pinkocommies , protest , putinomics , soviet expansion