Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 01:10 PM   #4781
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
It's like Trump's being represented by Lionel Hutz
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 01:10 PM   #4782
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah wow, the lawyer couldn't wait five minutes to get this out? It's Sean Spicer level spelling and sentence structure right there
Old 06-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #4783
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
It's like Trump's being represented by Lionel Hutz
Trump: We pay 8 dollars for the night and you can take 2 popsicles outta the freezer.
Kasowitz: Three.
Trump: Two.
Kasowitz: Okay, two and I get to keep this old birdcage!
Trump: Done!

The art of the deal.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #4784
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Also turns out that statement is factually wrong regarding the timeline of NYT quoting the memos and Trump's tweets on the subject.
BUt the letter will achieve it's only purpose. It'll be confirmation to his supporters that he did nothing wrong. You know the ones that because it came from his mouth or his lawyers desk it means it's true. There will be no analysis of the things Comey didn't answer, no analysis of the accuracy of the Lawyer's statement, no analysis of the body language and nuance. They just want to bob their heads in agreement with Der Pumpkinfuhrer. This allows them to do that.

It won't, however, do much to shore up his dwindling support among independents and moderate republicans. Nor based on what I'm reading is their any suggestion the Russia stuff is just going to go away now.

Oh the GOP hope it will but it won't. There will be a major leak or some new revelation revealed next week. Trump will go nuts on twitter, contradict something in this letter he demanded his lawyer write and various other things. He's not a stable individual.

Also not surprised that McCain once again proves he is all bluster on his dislike of Trump and what Trump does. Rubber met the road and as ALWAYS he failed to find his spine.

Last edited by ernie; 06-08-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #4785
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
BUt the letter will achieve it's only purpose. It'll be confirmation to his supporters that he did nothing wrong. You know the ones that because it came from his mouth or his lawyers desk it means it's true. There will be no analysis of the things Comey didn't answer, no analysis of the accuracy of the Lawyer's statement, no analysis of the body language and nuance. They just want to bob their heads in agreement with Der Pumpkinfuhrer. This allows them to do that.
Is the president's lawyer allowed to make false and misleading statements without legal consequence?
Old 06-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #4786
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Is the president's lawyer allowed to make false and misleading statements without legal consequence?
Well if the president can then I don't see why not. I'm just impressed it was more than 144 characters.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
Old 06-08-2017, 01:18 PM   #4787
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If the President was truly not concerned, why does he have a personal lawyer speaking on his behalf?

The fact that he even has a personal lawyer drafting statements for public distribution is stunning.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
Old 06-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #4788
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But what about when the lawyer isn’t under oath? The American Bar Association’s Model Rules of Professional Conduct states that a lawyer “shall not knowingly make a false statement of material fact.” In other words, lawyers aren’t supposed to lie--and they can be disciplined or even disbarred for doing so. But notice, the key word here is “knowingly.” A lawyer cannot “knowingly” lie.
http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/bus...an-lawyers-lie
Old 06-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #4789
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's not for me to answer, but it should be clear to absolutely everyone at this point that every close associate, lawyer and doctor of the Trump family has some sketchiness to them.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #4790
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Nothing matters anymore. The Republicans did their little dance for everyone, the Dems asked what they could, and life goes on.

The Republican administration will continue to lie, the Republican legislative branch will continue to enable it, and the Democrats will continue to piss into the wind.

Maybe a flipped house in 2018 changes things but til then this is S.O.P.

America, F YEAH!
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #4791
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Nothing matters anymore. The Republicans did their little dance for everyone, the Dems asked what they could, and life goes on.

The Republican administration will continue to lie, the Republican legislative branch will continue to enable it, and the Democrats will continue to piss into the wind.

America, F YEAH!
For the legislative portion of things yes that is likely the case. That's why it was important to bring in the special prosecutor. Not even the GOP is going to want to try to shut that down before the investigation is completed and it's just getting started. Though I'd propose that the experience being brought in to help with that investigation suggests there is a heck of a lot of smoke they are looking into.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #4792
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post

America, F YEAH!
I don't know what to tell you, other than the ramifications of today will not truly be felt for months. Can't escape how important today was.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:36 PM   #4793
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Other than a couple typos or misspeaks, Trump's lawyer did a great job of putting the best face on this. That's his job.

Comey was great, and honest. But he never should have provided his notes or memo to his "friend" the law professor. That will hurt him. As should have what he did to the Clinton candidacy.

Overall, Comey demonstrates he was worthy of the position overall, but did not make perfect decisions every time.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #4794
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
Comey was great, and honest. But he never should have provided his notes or memo to his "friend" the law professor. That will hurt him.
Why? As long as he was not disclosing classified or privileged information his notes on a conversation with the President are his to give, especially if he felt there was impropriety afoot. Why was this wrong?
Old 06-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #4795
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

He only released the memo when Trump threatened him with tapes. He simply outmaneuvered Trump when his credibility was attacked.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #4796
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Jennifer Jacobs‏Verified account @JenniferJJacobs

Awkward scene as Kasowitz tried to escape with no press questions: He and aides stood in elevator staring at us. Forgot to push down button.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #4797
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

you can always tell when a lawyer is lying as the sentence starts with 'my client informs me' this is usually followed by 'he has been clean and sober for months' or 'he's started work' or 'his girlfriends pregnant'
Old 06-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #4798
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't help but think CNN is trying to trigger Trump using words like "Leaker" and "Whizz".
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #4799
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

The whole McCain thing is pretty bizarre. I'm not really sure who's side he's trying to be on or whether he's trying to hurt or help them. But his clarification and The Diamonds reply are pretty funny.

Quote:
"I get the sense from Twitter that my line of questioning today went over people's heads. Maybe going forward I shouldn't stay up late watching the Diamondbacks night games.
"What I was trying to get at was whether Mr. Comey believes that any of his interactions with the President rise to the level of obstruction of justice. In the case of Secretary Clinton's emails, Mr. Comey was willing to step beyond his role as an investigator and state his belief about what 'no reasonable prosecutor' would conclude about the evidence. I wanted Mr. Comey to apply the same approach to the key question surrounding his interactions with President Trump—whether or not the President's conduct constitutes obstruction of justice. While I missed an opportunity in today's hearing, I still believe this question is important, and I intend to submit it in writing to Mr. Comey for the record."
In response, the Arizona baseball team tweeted: "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/politi...mey/index.html
Old 06-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #4800
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Trump got put under oath and grilled for two hours like Comey, I can only imagine how quickly things would move to impeachment.
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms