Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #41
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
In this thread one of the worst examples that the Flames would want to represent their fan base aims for easy points by painting an entire other fan base with a single brush that he himself is the same colour as.

Neat.
I rarely side with puckluck on anything.... ever. But I am old enough, can step back and be unbiased enough and been to enough Flames games, that I can say without a doubt, your fan base is more troubled and violent, than any other when it comes to opposing fans at the Saddledome. They actually ruin the game experience and fun for everyone around them. It is so bad, that the wife of the guy I split tickets with who has four seats, refuses to let him take her and his kids to any Canucks games because of your fan bases antics. They go to almost every single game they can, but Canucks games are 100% off limits, no questions asked. She actually fears for her children's safety because of some of the garbage she has witnessed with Canuck fans.

As over reactive as it seems on her part, I ask you, how sad and pathetic is it, that your violent fan base, actual triggers maternal protective instincts in a grown woman?
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #42
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
My mistake, teacher's aide! Thanks for re-conveying professor Mastodon's lesson!
No but seriously, what were you trying to say?
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strombad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #43
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Dr. Mastodon. I didn't get a doctorate in animal husbandry for you to call me professor. Though I'll give you a pass since my official Calgarypuck name is out of date, that is my mistake though, not yours.
As an annoying Canucks fan I will continue to insist on calling you Professor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post

As over reactive as it seems on her part, I ask you, how sad and pathetic is it, that your violent fan base, actual triggers maternal protective instincts in a grown woman?
I think my issue with these threads are the assumption that people are ###### bags because they are Canucks fans. Not ###### bags who happen to be Canucks fans. Every fan base has these ######s. Ofcourse you'll encounter the ####tards more, they're ####tards. You won't notice the good ones cause, like a steady defenseman, they don't do anything stupid to get noticed. Just like in Vancouver the Flames fans I meet are usually #### tards more so than not. They only reason I know they're a Flames fan is because whilst being a #### tard, they make it known they are a Flames fan.. or happen to be wearing a jersey or hat and it usually a setting where that is relevant.

It happens. Stop throwing large chunks of population under the bus cause you only notice the ######s.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 10-06-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #44
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
I thought you lived somewhere in the middle east
Quote:
In this thread one of the worst examples that the Flames would want to represent their fan base aims for easy points by painting an entire other fan base with a single brush that he himself is the same colour as.

Neat.
Re: both these posts

What?
Old 10-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #45
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I am a Canucks fan and I am not violent or dangerous. 95% of my friends are also Canucks fans and I am pretty sure they aren't either.

I also consider myself to be a pretty nice person.
One of the most common symptoms of sociopathy, is the inability to recognize that anything is wrong with you.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #46
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't see any Canuck fans acting in any negative fashion tonight.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #47
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
One of the most common symptoms of sociopathy, is the inability to recognize that anything is wrong with you.

hahahah
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #48
Żoso
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
Canuck fans are like Rider fans. Can't stand them, but they themselves think they are the best fans in the league. Every other fanbase knows the truth though.
Really, though. Name one other fanbase that makes up ~50% of the crowd wherever its team goes.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #49
zyzz
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You're going to get the drunk idiots everywhere you go. People in Flames jerseys act like goons just as much.
zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zyzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #50
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did you know? The Pig and Duke is a Canucks bar. Didn't know that until the other night, and almost got into it with one of the patrons (Canuck fans) who had the audacity to ask me "where's your jersey? Fo you even know where you are right now?" Yeah.... Calgary, you stupid idiot.

Won't be going back there anymore.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #51
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Neat.
Oh hush, dear.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #52
Żoso
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I have this gut feeling that once the honeymoon is over (and it will be, shortly), Jets fans are going to be worse than Canuck fans.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #53
DOOM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Żoso View Post
Really, though. Name one other fanbase that makes up ~50% of the crowd wherever its team goes.
Neither team comes close to making up 50% of the crowd at games in Calgary.

Last edited by DOOM; 10-07-2013 at 12:08 AM.
DOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #54
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Normally Canucks fans are the worst. Obnoxious and aggressive. Tonight in Sec 224 they seemed more relaxed and less offensive. However, there were not too many.

We had an annoying flames fan who insisted on standing to block the view and refusing to sit down. We all asked him to sit down and he kept standing to goad us. He was nerdy and drunk. I hope he finds help.

Also, I saw a guy with a jersey that says 04' it was in. I wanted to ask him if he was on CP.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #55
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Backlund skating right towards the lone Canucks fan in the first row, after his breakaway goal tonight was pretty classic. I hope they make a trend of it, Hudler's trolling was pretty good against the Jackets too.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #56
stignasty
Self-Ban

Exp:

Charles Manson, Canucks Superfan? And You Thought Canada Hated Canucks Nation Before!
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/04...nation-before/
stignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #57
kremb
Scoring Winger

Exp:

They are Soccer Hooligans without English accents. Much less endearing.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #58
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

roughrider and canuck emigres treat these games as patriotic rallies. Congrats on being from the province next door, I just want to watch a hockey/football game.
BTW Itsnice to see all the canucks posters returning (coincidentally I'm sure) after a win. How was your summer?
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #59
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:

I think my issue with these threads are the assumption that people are ###### bags because they are Canucks fans. Not ###### bags who happen to be Canucks fans. Every fan base has these ######s. Ofcourse you'll encounter the ####tards more, they're ####tards. You won't notice the good ones cause, like a steady defenseman, they don't do anything stupid to get noticed. Just like in Vancouver the Flames fans I meet are usually #### tards more so than not. They only reason I know they're a Flames fan is because whilst being a #### tard, they make it known they are a Flames fan.. or happen to be wearing a jersey or hat and it usually a setting where that is relevant.

It happens. Stop throwing large chunks of population under the bus cause you only notice the ######s.
Nope. I can trade barbs with any other fan of any other team in pretty much any other setting, and have a chuckle, and even buy the guy or gal a beer. Canucks fans take things so bloody personal it is scary. I work with a guy who is a Canucks fan, and I will never forget his response to having the Canucks knocked out of the playoffs last year while standing at the coffee machine:

Me - "Holy crap, I never saw the Sharks sweeping you guys like that."

Him - "How about I punch your teeth through the back of your f***ng head."

lol wut?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #60
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Nope. I can trade barbs with any other fan of any other team in pretty much any other setting, and have a chuckle, and even buy the guy or gal a beer. Canucks fans take things so bloody personal it is scary. I work with a guy who is a Canucks fan, and I will never forget his response to having the Canucks knocked out of the playoffs last year while standing at the coffee machine:

Me - "Holy crap, I never saw the Sharks sweeping you guys like that."

Him - "How about I punch your teeth through the back of your f***ng head."

lol wut?
That behaviour is pretty much criminal assault. Unless he said it in the tone of Kate Upton or Big Bird from Sesame Street.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote