Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-20-2016, 11:56 PM   #221
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
We also see the "Extra Vote" advantage coming back...though IIRC, this season was filmed before last, so this is technically the first time it's been used.
Not quite,

Season 30, Dbag Dan won an unknown advantage and that turned out to be an extra vote too.

It was all a waste since Dan used it but ended up being the guy getting voted out
The Following User Says Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2016, 11:56 PM   #222
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't know this season was taped prior to the previous season.

Why didn't they show it in Chronological order? Any specific reason.

Seems odd. I'm guessing this is the first time they've ever done this?
Old 04-21-2016, 12:04 AM   #223
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
I didn't know this season was taped prior to the previous season.

Why didn't they show it in Chronological order? Any specific reason.

Seems odd. I'm guessing this is the first time they've ever done this?
There was never any reason given that I can find/think of, but the general thought is that they wanted everyone to see the results of the vote at the end of S30 "right away" instead of having to wait a full season. Some folks think that if they had aired in order, a lot of people wouldn't have paid much attention to this current show, as they'd have been wanting Second Chances on. Some more cynical folks say it was because rating were dropping, and the producers wanted a big "wow" showing, combined with the "you vote them back" to increase participation/buzz.

It's likely a bunch of different reasons, and probably some of all of the above.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:05 AM   #224
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Not quite,

Season 30, Dbag Dan won an unknown advantage and that turned out to be an extra vote too.

It was all a waste since Dan used it but ended up being the guy getting voted out
Heh. I'm getting my seasons mixed up now. I was thinking S30, with Dan's win, but referenced S31. Oops. Thanks for the catch.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:26 AM   #225
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The way I see it, Tai didn't have much of a choice, if he had played the super idol, with him and Audrey with two votes, it would have gone to a revote and the girls would have gutted Tai, because they didn't know that Jason didn't have the idol.

Overall Tai put on his big boy pants and made a huge move, he's also made himself look a little untrustworthy in the game.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 04-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #226
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
HA HAHAHAHA It took a week, but Tai did exactly what I thought he should do.

And Scott took an idol with him so there's no way that Jason can be saved now.

I give Audrey credit she's got a ton of sandpaper, but the guys are right, she's going to win if she hits the jury.

Julia is playing a very strong mental game right now as well.

Cydney needs to go home.
I think Julia is done.

She was left out of the plan and is now stuck with Jason.

As Cydney said "Julia the traitor can rot with Jason" or something like that.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #227
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tai with a bold move. In the end he used Jason and Scott to get further in the game. I think that was a pretty big shake up last night. 7 people left. If I watched the end properly Scott had Jason's idol and took it out of the game. So Tai has an idol to get him to at least 6 left. Then he has the extra vote he can use to get to top 5.

I think the end of this season just got interesting.

Aubrey is turning out to be a really strong player. At this point I'd like to see her or Tai win. A little shocked Michelle is still around. She has minimal screen time so far so either she starts making big moves in the next episode, getting screen time signalling she is there at the end or she's just another under the radar player that has no hope of winning.

The same for Joe but quite frankly I think he's just there for the experience. He hasn't even tried to play the game at all.

Last edited by ernie; 04-21-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:33 PM   #228
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
If I watched the end properly Scott had Jason's idol and took it out of the game. So Tai has an idol to get him to at least 6 left. Then he has the extra vote he can use to get to top 5.
Yeah, the other idol was with Scott and is now out. Icing on the cake would have been if Tai forced Scott to hand him the idol and then not use it. What's the worst that could happen?

Scott: "You're not going to me give your idol?"
Tai: "You give me yours, I'll use the super-idol."
Scott: "Nah, I guess I'll go home."

I think at that point Scott would have been forced to hand over the idol because he had nothing to lose. Maybe something in the rule would have prevented him from giving away the idol without the super-idol being used though.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:06 PM   #229
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

In hindsight, before the tribal there should have been a suggestion that since Jason won the immunity challenge he should hold onto both idols. Then he would be given the responsibility to protect his alliance member Scott or Tai. Then there would be no chance the idol would have left the game. If Tai would have refused the suggestion, that would have been a signal that he had not bought into the planned voting strategy.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:02 PM   #230
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestand View Post
In hindsight, before the tribal there should have been a suggestion that since Jason won the immunity challenge he should hold onto both idols. Then he would be given the responsibility to protect his alliance member Scott or Tai. Then there would be no chance the idol would have left the game. If Tai would have refused the suggestion, that would have been a signal that he had not bought into the planned voting strategy.
That would have been a great idea. And not something you could say no to, because it would immediately cast suspicion (although you still have to trust Jason to not keep both idols for himself.)
Old 04-21-2016, 11:41 PM   #231
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't Tai go home if he plays the super idol for Scot? The vote would be 2-2, so they revote for Tai and Aubrey. Good chance Tai is voted out in that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
Old 04-22-2016, 01:07 AM   #232
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Doesn't Tai go home if he plays the super idol for Scot? The vote would be 2-2, so they revote for Tai and Aubrey. Good chance Tai is voted out in that situation.
Yep.

And I really don't think Scott and Jason would have done the same thing either if they were in Tai's spot. They were already talking about future plans with Julia to blindside him in last nights episode.

Seeing those two get played was so satisfying, especially with how they were patting themselves in the back at the start of the hour for doing basically nothing the week before.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:22 AM   #233
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, there's no way that he survives using the super idol.

the only thing that would have made this move perfect for Tai is if he had convinced the guys to let him hold both idols.

Logically they know that Tai has an idol, they have to suspect that Jason has an idol because they don't know that Scott took it with him. So frankly if they want to keep flushing idols they have to go after Jason or Tai next week.

there is no friggen way that anyone wants to face Aubrey in front of the jury

Its funny how this game has turned on its ear. Suddenly there are two power players, Tai is in a very good spot, Audrey is in a good spot. Julia can form voting blocks now to machine gun whoever she wants, she also is a strategic vote for now because she's not loyal.

Tai also has the extra double vote, which he can really use defensively or offensively.

The only reason to keep Jason around right now is because he's jury poison.

If Tai goes in front of the jury after machine gunning Scott in the ditch and killing the power players he wins right now.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #234
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they were going to use the super idol to save one of them, why not just each play an idol before the votes were read? Jason, Tai and Scot would then all be safe, and would be in the same position as if they had used the super idol to save Scot and Tai survived the revote. I don't think it was a well thought out plan, but Jason and Scot don't seem to be that smart. I get that they hoped the others would turn on themselves and they'd get to keep both idols going forward, but they should have known they'd get votes against them.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #235
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Good episode, I am not sure if Tai did the math on the votes or just planned to screw Scott all along, but either way great move by him. It at most cost him two jury votes between Jason and Scott, but gained him a lot of respect as a player from the rest.

I think the next vote needs to be Julia as she is just a wild card who could make a bit of an argument for her game, or Tai if the opportunity to blind side him is there. After the next vote though if I am anyone else I am focusing my full effort on blind siding Aubry. She can't make it to the final 5, she is way to dangerous. If the game stopped today she would win in a landslide. She has worked the hardest out of anyone there hands down.

They didn't show much reaction from the crowd when Jason and Scott were showering her with praises so I am not sure if they are just oblivious or tunnel visioned right now.

Edit: Squigs I think the hope was that they wouldn't have to play the super idol again and could hold on to it for the next vote. As far as they were concerned there was no reason to worry based on Tai playing them. If Tai would have voted where he was supposed to then it wouldn't have been a 2-2 tie, it would have been 3 for Scott, 3 for Aubry and 2 for Tai, play the idol and she goes home. But instead Tai flopped and then it was 4 for Scott (Aubry, Joe, Cydney? and Tai), 2 for Aubry (Scott and Jason) and 2 for Tai (Julia and can't remember her name).

It is pretty bad if at this point in the game I can't remember your name based on your lack of play.. that girl has zero chance of winning.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 04-22-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #236
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think next episode the 5 split votes, 3 Jason 2 Julia, and jason and julia vote for someone.

Depending on who wins immunity.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #237
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I wouldn't be voting Jason out at this point, he lost his power couple buddy in Scott, Tai has flopped on him. His only ally is Julia who actually might be able to make a case for a win (at least over a few) so you take her out instead. Then you take the most hated man on the island to the finals with you. The only problem is that you can't trust him, and you have to explain to your alliance why you are keeping this most hated man around. Anyone besides the black haired girl or Joe would be able to figure out that he is a goat and you are planning to slit their throat to get him to the end.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:51 AM   #238
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah at this point, I'm thinking that Jason is my endgame for the jury. I just manipulate him to up the ######bag factor by 10.

I refuse to take Julia, Aubrey or Tai with me, those three are playing this game pretty hard.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #239
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If they were going to use the super idol to save one of them, why not just each play an idol before the votes were read? Jason, Tai and Scot would then all be safe, and would be in the same position as if they had used the super idol to save Scot and Tai survived the revote. I don't think it was a well thought out plan, but Jason and Scot don't seem to be that smart. I get that they hoped the others would turn on themselves and they'd get to keep both idols going forward, but they should have known they'd get votes against them.
As long as Jason, Scott and Tai stuck together, that was the perfect plan. Jason and Scott never thought of Tai betraying them though.

Jason and Scott saw it as an automatic three votes for Aubrey.

The other five votes could either split 3-2 for a 3-3-2 vote. Use super-idol on whoever got the three and Aubrey goes home.

If they stick together, it's 5-3. Use super-idol on whoever got the votes, Aubrey goes home.

However, if someone in the five tried something weird. Maybe Aubrey trying to save herself gets Michelle and Joe to vote Cydney, then the vote becomes a cluster#### of 3 (Aubrey) 3 (Cydney) 1 (Tai) and 1 vote for wheoever Cydney voted for. That keeps the idols in play.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:45 PM   #240
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
As long as Jason, Scott and Tai stuck together, that was the perfect plan. Jason and Scott never thought of Tai betraying them though.

Jason and Scott saw it as an automatic three votes for Aubrey.

The other five votes could either split 3-2 for a 3-3-2 vote. Use super-idol on whoever got the three and Aubrey goes home.

If they stick together, it's 5-3. Use super-idol on whoever got the votes, Aubrey goes home.

However, if someone in the five tried something weird. Maybe Aubrey trying to save herself gets Michelle and Joe to vote Cydney, then the vote becomes a cluster#### of 3 (Aubrey) 3 (Cydney) 1 (Tai) and 1 vote for wheoever Cydney voted for. That keeps the idols in play.
I forgot that Tai voted for Scot, which was more of the betrayal than not giving up his idol. You are correct that if they all vote together they all stay in any other scenario. I think they also wanted to play the super idol for the coolness factor.

When Julie tried talking Tai into playing his idol, and Scot said no, he sealed his fate. If Tai played it, then Scot would have played his too.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: