Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #21
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Funding really seems to have slowed down from the initial few days. Don't care too much for PvP, but I really hope they're able to hit that extended single player campaign goal
They mentioned coop games as part of the post release development but that seemed to be tied in with the initial PvP development. I don't care so much for PvP but would still like it funded just so there are no hiccups with the coop development.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #22
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Expanded single player campaign funded. Next up: customizable homebase. I'm guessing that will get funded too. The rest I don't really care about.

I agree that co-op would be really nice, but it's obviously a pretty big thing to add. Makes sense to limit the scope at this point.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #23
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

The homebase customization sounds cool. I am just glad they've hit the expanded merc campaign. I think this game is going to be a blast.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015, 09:39 AM   #24
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I saw the Unsung Story kick starter get out of hand with their scope and it caused the company to go recluse for months trying to solve the problem. Lost a lot of supporters along the way. I would be fine with this one staying smaller. Pillars got it right, get the first campaign out and there is always time to grow after that.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #25
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

This kickstarter has got me interested in Mechwarrior Online - should I bother?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #26
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
The game has really fun gameplay and the UI issues have almost been all resolved. There is a good training system now and lots and lots of mechs to choose from.

That being said, there aren't as many maps as I'd like. At the moment there aren't enough gameplay modes. It's also really grindy when you are trying to level up your mechs (Free to Play)

If you have time to play it's fun, I've played since the beta days and still find myself firing it up from time to time.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #27
Yanda
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

super excited for this game. If your looking for something similiar to hold yourself over pick up MegaMek, it is based on the same system and world as this kickstarter, you wont regret checking it out
Yanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #28
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't suck more than Mechwarrior online, so there's that
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #29
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I've been playing MWO on and off since closed beta. I think the new player experience is not the greatest from a F2P perspective. But it is much improved from when the game first launched. It doesn't cost you anything to try but I would caution you against buying anything until you've played at least 50 matches. Maybe even more.

The game never evolved to the place that everyone expected/hoped it would go. Simply put, it's deathmatch in mechs. Nothing more, nothing less. Know that grinding mechs can be a pain in the ass because they're expensive and you need to pilot three of the same chassis to get the better pilot skills. You'll get enough money to buy a good mech after 25ish matches. Spend that money wisely.

Even though it's got issues I still enjoy hopping on for some quick matches. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them. Heck, I'll play some matches with you if you're interested.
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #30
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

PVP goal has been reached, so all features have been unlocked. They also made a point in the last update email noting that any extra funding dollars they get won't unlock any new features, which is a nice change from some other crowd funded games
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #31
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

How the heck did they do $250k in less than five days remaining. Crazy!

Looking forward to PvP and eventually some kind of coop multiplayer post release.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #32
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Keep in mind that PayPal isn't included in the pledge amount. There is almost 66k from people using PayPal.

I am glad they reached their goal. I ended up canceling my backing not because I don't believe in the devs but because I've had a tough couple months with work. Just not a good time for me to drop money on a product that won't be released for over a year.

Last edited by cDnStealth; 11-02-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #33
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Put this in the image/video thread but I thought it was worth it here too:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote