Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2015, 12:53 AM   #21
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

So using my farming method of just having a 5 star scout in Canada and signing any decent potential player. I wasn't even picky, didn't reload, etc. So, with that in Mind I present my 2022 World Cup Team Canada squad that was farmed 100% by me and sold through out the world and loaned out to clubs all over, and assigned to the team by me (Canada hired me in 2019)

Now, if I had actually used the load/save/reload to ensure each scouting report came back with a really great prospect this would look even better. I also did zero training on any of these guys.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:15 AM   #22
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's a huge improvement over last year, especially online

Speed isn't 90% of the game now, players slow down when running with the ball, you have to actually pass the ball correctly etc.
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:15 PM   #23
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still haven't opened mine yet. Been really into Madden this year. Is the passing better, or do you still have those moments where your pass goes to the wrong player and you want to break everything within an arms reach of you?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2015, 01:21 PM   #24
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Still haven't opened mine yet. Been really into Madden this year. Is the passing better, or do you still have those moments where your pass goes to the wrong player and you want to break everything within an arms reach of you?
Or where you hit O to do a standing tackle, and then you get the ball, only to take a weak shot from half and want to throw the remote at the window.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #25
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Or where you hit O to do a standing tackle, and then you get the ball, only to take a weak shot from half and want to throw the remote at the window.
Or when you're running with a guy and it auto-switches to a defender and moves him out of the way so the attacker can have an easy run on goal.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #26
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I gotta say, after trying both games, I prefer the feel of PES to FIFA. I'm still pretty bad at the PES controls but the overall game is a lot smoother. FIFA just feels kind of clunky in comparison. It's really too bad that I pre-ordered FIFA and saved an extra $15 otherwise I'd probably be switching it for PES.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:05 AM   #27
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
So using my farming method of just having a 5 star scout in Canada and signing any decent potential player. I wasn't even picky, didn't reload, etc. So, with that in Mind I present my 2022 World Cup Team Canada squad that was farmed 100% by me and sold through out the world and loaned out to clubs all over, and assigned to the team by me (Canada hired me in 2019)

Now, if I had actually used the load/save/reload to ensure each scouting report came back with a really great prospect this would look even better. I also did zero training on any of these guys.
How did you put scouts in Canada? In my manager mode, I can only put scouts in the US and Mexico...
kobasew19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #28
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
How did you put scouts in Canada? In my manager mode, I can only put scouts in the US and Mexico...
You could scout Canada for years.

Are you talking about professional scouts? These are youth players.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #29
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Or when you're running with a guy and it auto-switches to a defender and moves him out of the way so the attacker can have an easy run on goal.
This still happens. The AI defense is better though so your guys are usually in a better place.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #30
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is still happening way too often. Not overly impressed with this year's game. Can't believe how hard it is to score.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:44 PM   #31
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

what difficulty setting are you on?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:54 PM   #32
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
what difficulty setting are you on?
World class. I've scored a few times now but most of my matches are 1-0 affairs.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:24 PM   #33
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

oh dude dont play world class. its stupid.

play on legendary. make the following adjustments:
-play with 1 higher acceleration than CPU. keep both your speed the same
-cpu pass error to 65
-cpu man marking to 45. yours to 55.
-cpu first touch error to 65

the AI takes more risks and shots on legendary, so they make more mistakes. its a great gameplay experience so far.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:53 PM   #34
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is still happening way too often. Not overly impressed with this year's game. Can't believe how hard it is to score.
thats the part I like

you have to actually aim to pass rather than just pass and point direction regardless of what way the player was looking

the best example I saw was someone wrote Iniesta is actually better than a random winger with 90+ speed in this years game
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:13 AM   #35
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
thats the part I like

you have to actually aim to pass rather than just pass and point direction regardless of what way the player was looking

the best example I saw was someone wrote Iniesta is actually better than a random winger with 90+ speed in this years game
That part I'm okay with. It's when I actually take the time to aim and he still passes it to the wrong player that drives me up the wall.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:15 AM   #36
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyways, I'll try the slider settings that were recommended because right now it feels like I'm playing some weird love child of Pep's and Mourinho's.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:41 AM   #37
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Four straight games of 1-1 or 0-0 draws tonight. Between school and work, I don't really have a lot free time to devote to being bored to tears by a video game. It's not even frustration, it's outright boredom, so I think I'm done. If anyone hears of someone with a copy of PES for trade, shoot me a PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:48 PM   #38
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man this game is tough but it is the first time I've owned it. You tap the shoot button and the ball goes flying!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #39
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I must really be terrible because I can't figure out this year's version for crap. With 15 I had an all-time record of something like 500-8-4 vs World class/legendary in FUT, now I can't even get out of the second division. It seems like every touch is bad and a turnover, every pass is right into the boots of an opponent and trying to play defense is like controlling Engelland and watching Gaudreau skate circles around me. Frustrating to say the least.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote