Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #221
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
I think the big club won't make any big changes (outside of goalie moves) unless they fall away from the pack significantly. No point throwing guys in for their first taste in the pressure of a playoff push.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I get your reasoning for sure, but at the same time, there's little pressure on Wolf if he's given Bollig's minutes for a few games. Bollig's playing okay right now, but with the way Wolf is killing it, he'd be a positive improvement.

But to your point, I wouldn't want to see, say, Poirier come up and be thrown into a top 6 role at this time of the year with a playoff push in full swing. But for a bottom sixer I don't see the harm in temporarily replacing Bollig, Raymond or Byron.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #222
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames have done a great job in the last couple years of starting guys slowly, sheltering their minutes and challenges, and then slowly giving them bigger challenges.

Also, this is a rebuilding year - they aren't going to win the cup. But giving guys a little taste, and a little experience, of the intensity of the playoff race is good for their development.

Throwing them to the wolves? Stupid.

Working them slowly into the experience? Very valuable.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote