Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best prospect from the following list?
Bruce 0 0%
Carroll 2 0.81%
Culkin 12 4.88%
Dube 52 21.14%
Falkovsky 0 0%
Hamilton 7 2.85%
Harrison 0 0%
Hathaway 20 8.13%
Kanzig 1 0.41%
Karnaukhov 1 0.41%
Lindstrom 0 0%
Mattson 1 0.41%
Morrison 2 0.81%
Ollas Mattsson 17 6.91%
Phillips 4 1.63%
Pollock 79 32.11%
Rafikov 0 0%
Rittich 0 0%
Schneider 0 0%
Smith 1 0.41%
Tuulola 47 19.11%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #21
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Tuulola came out of nowhere for a lot of folks. So it's understandable why folks spend their vote elsewhere.

I'll be voting Tuulola until he is gone off the board though. He checks off so many boxes of the Flames needs, Big, plays a heavy game, has a heck of a shot and likes to shoot, a pest.

I'm also quite confident he will become a fancy stats wet dream of possession. I suspect this time next year he will make a massive jump up the rankings.

Either way, shiny toy or not, this player is my 2nd favorite of this draft class.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #22
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ever since I saw AOM play in the WJC, I can't shake the resemblance in his game to Niklas Hjalmarsson. Now he's more physical and maybe not yet as fleet of foot, but he's the only Flames defensive defenseman prospect I have liked in a long time(probably since Matt Pelech, and that was a different era not long after these types of players used to abuse the red line and I hadn't noticed their declining effectiveness) He sees the ice well, he's poised and patient with the puck, and he applies his size in an effective manner. Offensively he has a smidge of creativity that puts him ahead of replacement level players. I already have him ahead of Tyler Wotherspoon on my list.

Last edited by GranteedEV; 07-27-2016 at 03:18 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #23
Browndog71
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Accidentally voted Fox last round when I meant to vote Dube.
Browndog71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:18 PM   #24
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Pollock then Dube for me. We know Pollock is going to be a professional hockey player (at least at the AHL level) we don't know that about Dube yet.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #25
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pollock over Tuulola was an easy choice for me. Both are power forward types but while Pollock has proven he can produce at a good level in the WHL, Tuulola wasn't even in the top 100 for points in a much weaker junior league. I want to see Tuulola start producing at a good level in the WHL before I would vote for him over Pollock, Dube, and Phillips.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:17 PM   #26
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post
Darren Haynes just published his top 20
http://www.flamesfrom80feet.ca/2016/...prospects.html

Have to say it is more in sync with my rankings than CP

In particular, Andersson and Parsons higher up....Jankowski and Hickey a little lower down
Overall though, I would say that the collective rankings here aren't that much different than Haynes rankings. I don't think any player was up or down more than 3 spots between the two lists.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #27
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dube and Fox were basically a tie for me, so now it's time to vote for Dube.

I would not be surprised to see Dube put up 80-100 points this year.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:04 PM   #28
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's a little visual of how we ranked our prospects back to 2013...I slapped this together pretty quickly so no piling on and if you see an error or think something else could be added/changed let me know by PM.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Cheese; 07-27-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #29
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cheese, liked it. Maybe the players that are no longer with us but still made it could be a different color than red? Like Josh Jooris made it, feel he is kinda slighted by the red color
Old 07-27-2016, 07:09 PM   #30
Iniggywetrust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Man, I feel like people keep passing the Dube, and it's just not fair.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #31
Red Menace
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
Overall though, I would say that the collective rankings here aren't that much different than Haynes rankings. I don't think any player was up or down more than 3 spots between the two lists.
Agreed, though Parsons at 9 and Dube at 11 are much lower on the CP list (14 and probably 18 respectively)
Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:16 PM   #32
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone have any idea what Rafikov is doing these days? His problem in the east always seemed to be lack of opportunity.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:45 PM   #33
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Here's a little visual of how we ranked our prospects back to 2013...I slapped this together pretty quickly so no piling on and if you see an error or think something else could be added/changed let me know by PM.

Nice!

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:26 AM   #34
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pollock again
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:49 AM   #35
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Pollock for the (2) time in a row
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:17 PM   #36
Crumpy-Gunt
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've never seen Pollock play but from what I've read about him and his highlights it seems like he is a great prospect who can potentially be a middle 6, skilled 2 way power forward (LW) with a good release. I also heard he didnt look out of place in Stockton at the end of last season either. I'm very excited to see him develop. Its going to be really fun watching the Heat next season! Its a testament to our prospect depth that he is 17th on our list. He was nearly a PPG player in the playoffs in his draft year with the memorial cup winning Oil Kings. What a great trade we made shipping out Russell, getting Kevin, Pollock and a 2nd.

Last edited by Crumpy-Gunt; 07-28-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Crumpy-Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #37
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post

2013 does a good job of illustrating what I was trying to say with respect to Hathaway: even though he only has 4th line potential, there is still some value in that, and his likelihood of getting there is high, which should increase his total value relative to players with higher upside but very low likelihood of getting there.

Look at Bouma at 21 and Ferland at 26. They were ranked below guys like: Knight, Horak, Agostino and Granlund, Reinhart and Arnold because they didn't have the upside of those guys.

But they have both become solid bottom 6ers, and as a result, are more valuable than any of those other guys mentioned.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2016, 10:27 PM   #38
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
2013 does a good job of illustrating what I was trying to say with respect to Hathaway: even though he only has 4th line potential, there is still some value in that, and his likelihood of getting there is high, which should increase his total value relative to players with higher upside but very low likelihood of getting there.

Look at Bouma at 21 and Ferland at 26. They were ranked below guys like: Knight, Horak, Agostino and Granlund, Reinhart and Arnold because they didn't have the upside of those guys.

But they have both become solid bottom 6ers, and as a result, are more valuable than any of those other guys mentioned.
Ferland isn't really a great comparable for Hathaway as some of us feel Ferland has top two line potential. Jooris would be better comparables for Hathaway. Bouma has 3rd line 20 goal upside which I feel is higher than Hathaway's potential as well.

Ferland is more comparable to Tuulola IMO. IMO both Ferland and Bouma were underrated by the board.

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher; 07-28-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote