Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2016, 02:36 PM   #81
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Little heads up for anyone booking a hotel with a kitchen/bbq area.

This place is amazing for all your carnivore delights!

https://mytbones.com/
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #82
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was it AC that had the flames onesies last year? Those should make annual appearances at this event.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:47 PM   #83
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
Was it AC that had the flames onesies last year? Those should make annual appearances at this event.
Oh they will.

Bob McKenzie approved.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2016, 03:22 PM   #84
apiquard
Draft Pick

Any suggestions for those of us having to fly in from further? ie: what's the best airport to fly into. If it matters, we'll be flying in from Ottawa.
Going for the first time as well, looks like I need to start booking fast before everything disappears.
Also, is the full 6 games the only way to get tickets, or will they be sold individually at some point? I wouldn't mind seeing all the games, but my husband may not agree to that.
apiquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #85
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apiquard View Post
Any suggestions for those of us having to fly in from further? ie: what's the best airport to fly into. If it matters, we'll be flying in from Ottawa.
Going for the first time as well, looks like I need to start booking fast before everything disappears.
Also, is the full 6 games the only way to get tickets, or will they be sold individually at some point? I wouldn't mind seeing all the games, but my husband may not agree to that.
The tickets will go on sale individually in a few weeks.

There is an airport that Westjet I know flies to in Penticton (which probably means AC will too) if I am not mistaken. Kelowna, just 45 minutes north of Penticton also has an airport that probably gets for frequent flights.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #86
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
The tickets will go on sale individually in a few weeks.

There is an airport that Westjet I know flies to in Penticton (which probably means AC will too) if I am not mistaken. Kelowna, just 45 minutes north of Penticton also has an airport that probably gets for frequent flights.
WestJet and Air Canada both fly into both. If you're not going to rent a car, your best bet is probably Ottawa --> Vancouver --> Penticton as then you don't have to worry about transportation from Kelowna which would probably cost over $200 (one way).

If you are going to rent a car, Kelowna might be a better bet just because the car rental options are cheaper with more companies servicing that airport.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey Fan #751 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #87
apiquard
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
WestJet and Air Canada both fly into both. If you're not going to rent a car, your best bet is probably Ottawa --> Vancouver --> Penticton as then you don't have to worry about transportation from Kelowna which would probably cost over $200 (one way).

If you are going to rent a car, Kelowna might be a better bet just because the car rental options are cheaper with more companies servicing that airport.
Thank you both. We will probably be doing some sight seeing while we are there (it's been a long time since I've been out that way, and my husband has never been), so looks like Kelowna may be our best option.
apiquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 10:54 AM   #88
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do individual games go on sale soon?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:33 AM   #89
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got my tickets and my motel booked and I'll be heading out there in September. If anyone else is thinking of going, better get your tickets soon. Looks like the $90 VIP packs are all that is left.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #90
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Only 8 more weeks! Lol
Old 07-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #91
mennoknight
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by apiquard View Post
Thank you both. We will probably be doing some sight seeing while we are there (it's been a long time since I've been out that way, and my husband has never been), so looks like Kelowna may be our best option.
I fly pretty frequently from YOW to the interior of BC - there are two very good options if you prefer WestJet in Kelowna and Abbotsford. It will save you an hour + of driving through traffic if you fly into YXX and rent from there. Flying right into Penticton is an option but prices and time options will limit you. Plus, the drive between Kelowna and Penticton is a lot more pleasant than it used to be (i.e. you don't get stuck behind big RVs for hours anymore).
Old 07-26-2016, 12:20 PM   #92
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will this tournament be our first opritunity to see the new goalie equipment changes in action?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2016, 04:09 PM   #93
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

this just came into my inbox....

2016 VANCOUVER CANUCKS YOUNG STARS CLASSIC
See the future of the NHL today!
South Okanagan Events Centre
September 16 to 19, 2016
Exclusive PreSale Package Offer
***Available online ONLY***
Begins: Tuesday, August 2 at 10AM
Ends: Tuesday, August 2 at 10PM

Code:
CANUCKS16

Single Game Ticket Options:
  • $15* Single Game Tickets
  • $25* Double Header Tickets
  • $110* Double Header Package
    (*Plus applicable fees)

CLICK HERE to purchase your package
on Tuesday, August 2 at 10AM!
The City of Penticton is thrilled to once again be hosting the 2016 Canucks Young Stars Classic September 16 - 19! Now in it's 6th year, this four-team tournament features prospects from the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets. Single game tickets will go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, August 3 at 10AM.

$110* Double Header Ticket Package includes:
  • Two tickets to each of Friday. September 16 double header OR Monday, September 19 double header (four tickets total)
  • Two Exclusive 2016 Vancouver Canucks Young Stars Classic Baseball Hats (adjustable back)
  • One $20.00 Food and Beverage Voucher (valid at the Valley First Vault Bar & Grill or any of the concession stands)
(*additional service fees apply when purchasing online or over the phone)

2016 Vancouver Canucks Young Stars Classic Schedule*
GAME
TEAMS
DATE
TIME
Game 1
Calgary vs. Winnipeg
Sept. 16
4:00pm
Game 2
Vancouver vs. Edmonton
Sept. 16
7:30pm
Game 3
Calgary vs. Edmonton
Sept. 17
7:30pm
Game 4
Vancouver vs. Winnipeg
Sept. 18
2:00pm
Game 5
Edmonton vs. Winnipeg
Sept. 19
11:00am
Game 6
Vancouver vs. Calgary
Sept. 19
3:00pm

*Game dates, times and opponents subject to change.
Please note: Several games sold out when single
game tickets went on sale last year. DON'T MISS OUT!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #94
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Bump, just because individual game tickets now on sale.

Most of the great seats are already gone, but plenty left in the corners and behind the net for all the Flames games.
flylock shox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #95
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

6 weeks til puck drop!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #96
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone have any suggestions for campsites in penticton? Me and a buddy will be driving from Edmonton, figure we'll tent it and see a bit if nature as well while we're there.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #97
Iniggywetrust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for campsites in penticton? Me and a buddy will be driving from Edmonton, figure we'll tent it and see a bit if nature as well while we're there.
Most campsite are on the other side of town from the SOEC. Wright's Beach is definitely one of the nicest.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:44 AM   #98
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Got the flights booked and the car rented. Can't wait to get out there. Maybe it was already discussed, but we should have a CP meeting before or after the game Friday.

Sucks I have to miss the Monday tilt with Vancouver...why they would schedule 1 game on Sunday and then have the last Flames game at 5PM on Monday does not give people many options to get out of town at 8PM and back to Calgary.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #99
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Got the flights booked and the car rented. Can't wait to get out there. Maybe it was already discussed, but we should have a CP meeting before or after the game Friday.

Sucks I have to miss the Monday tilt with Vancouver...why they would schedule 1 game on Sunday and then have the last Flames game at 5PM on Monday does not give people many options to get out of town at 8PM and back to Calgary.
I prefer the back to back Friday and Saturday. Gives you Sunday to do some other things before heading home. Been out the last four years and I have never made the Monday game. It also looks like section 107 may be CP friendly
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #100
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post

Yeah the fact that the Canucks tournament schedules the Canucks/Flames game for Monday at 3pm is silly.

Can't wait regardless!
AC is offline   Reply With Quote