Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #621
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Congrats Nik. Nice shout out to Matt Dunigan who surely wants to forget those years in Calgary. Hufnagel committed a rare personnel mistake letting you go early.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:15 PM   #622
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
Blue Bombers have a freaking horse shoe in their butt. Another freaking win late in the game. Not saying they don't deserve it.
Bombers turned things around halfway thru last season. Nice to see it carry thru to this year. O'Shea and LaPolice are solid on the bench, and Nichols has endured his share of hard knocks. Nice to see him enjoy some success.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #623
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
You mean why did the Bombers punt it back after the kick off? Montreal was kicking off to them.
Why would I questioned that Bombers player punting the ball??? I was questioning the Montreal player kicking back the ball. That ball could have sailed at the end zone for a single point so they could ended up losing by one point.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #624
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bombers are now 17-5 (I think) since Nichols took over last July. This isn't a fluke, it really appears that MOS and Walters have turned this ship around and have made the Bombers a team that can win a Grey Cup.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 12:16 AM   #625
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
Bombers turned things around halfway thru last season. Nice to see it carry thru to this year. O'Shea and LaPolice are solid on the bench, and Nichols has endured his share of hard knocks. Nice to see him enjoy some success.
True. I had doubts on Matt Nichols last season but he proved me wrong. I guess it showed why he was a starter with the Eskimos before. He got hurt and pretty lost his starting QB to a good QB Reilly. Last season at the beginning of the season, Bombers was just awful under Drew Willy. Mike O'Shea's job was actually in jeopardy then Nichols started playing and they've been very competitive since. This season I have to agree with you on Lapolice. He is good and very smart offensive coordinator and he's the reason for Nichols' success so far. Bombers and BC are still 3 or 3A best in the CFL with both Alberta teams(Calgary #1, Edmonton #2).
Old 08-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #626
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

As Milt Stegall put it last night, the Bombers aren't running with the poodles anymore Milt has become an excellent panelist.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #627
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why would I questioned that Bombers player punting the ball??? I was questioning the Montreal player kicking back the ball. That ball could have sailed at the end zone for a single point so they could ended up losing by one point.
I think you are mis remembering. The Alouettes kicked off the ball to the Bombers who caught it at the 3 yard line and punted it back to the Als. The Als kicker who then caught the ball around his 50 yard line punted the ball to try to get it into the Bombers end zone to get a single point to win the game. Which almost worked, it made it back to the 5 yard line. THere is NO WAY the bombers could have kicked the ball 105 yards into the Als endzone from there... But the Bomber player punted it back again anyways!

Thats why O'Shea was all pissed off.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #628
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Bombers are now 17-5 (I think) since Nichols took over last July. This isn't a fluke, it really appears that MOS and Walters have turned this ship around and have made the Bombers a team that can win a Grey Cup.
0-4 vs Stampeders since last Canada Day. W=NG.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #629
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
0-4 vs Stampeders since last Canada Day. W=NG.
I still don't trust Dickenson's play calling in big games.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #630
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I made this Nik Lewis Video package 6 years ago. It seems appropriate to roll it out after last night

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 08-25-2017 at 08:00 PM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #631
OminousFlames
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

One of those games where you want both teams to lose.
(btw I can't read that video from the post above)
OminousFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:00 PM   #632
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sorry my bad link fixed.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #633
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Eskies are getting taken to the woodshed thus far tonight.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:05 PM   #634
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
I think you are mis remembering. The Alouettes kicked off the ball to the Bombers who caught it at the 3 yard line and punted it back to the Als. The Als kicker who then caught the ball around his 50 yard line punted the ball to try to get it into the Bombers end zone to get a single point to win the game. Which almost worked, it made it back to the 5 yard line. THere is NO WAY the bombers could have kicked the ball 105 yards into the Als endzone from there... But the Bomber player punted it back again anyways!

Thats why O'Shea was all pissed off.
Yes I guess you are right. I wasn't forgetting what happened. But I did have a BRAIN-FART on this.. As someone pointed Als would have get a single point if it sailed to the end zone..

Okay here's what happened. Montreal punted the ball. Winnipeg caught it and he figured he is not going anywhere and saw another Bombers player so he did a lateral pass. That Bombers player punted the ball back with one other Bomber was onside. They are hoping that guy who would have recover the ball and bring it home. Montreal player caught it. To me he could have just run the ball or go down there. O'Shea was ticked off because that Bomber player was about to kick the ball again (actually I can't even remember if the ball got kicked again). There was no need for the Als player to kick that ball again. It was a stupid thing to do. The game was tied with less than a minute left.

I see your question regarding the first Bombers punt it was not necessary but I think they were trying some trickery play and trying for that guy(I think it was Flanders or something) that was onside to recover the ball and hopefully go all the way and get the ball to FG range with a few seconds left. He was not punting it back to score a single. I wouldn't mind that play at all. If it works perhaps they win without playing OT.

Last edited by OzSome; 08-26-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #635
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I kinda argued on my Stamps site that once Edmonton lost their first game they just seemed like a team that would lose a bunch.

Too many injuries, and a team playing way over their head and getting bounces. Teams like that .. . . when it goes wrong it goes very wrong.

If Calgary wins tomorrow they blow past Edmonton into first.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:59 PM   #636
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are we going to see another Reilly's comeback MAGIC?? Highly unlikely. Wow, Riders trashing the Eskimos tonight at Commonwealth Stadium. Reilly got intercepted twice?? Not sure why Maas is keeping Reilly out there when the score is already a blowout.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:09 PM   #637
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Is there a fire alarm going off?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #638
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mr. Bobblehead Duron Carter almost had a great TD catch there. What the heck is wrong with the Eskimos tonight?
Old 08-25-2017, 10:17 PM   #639
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Is there a fire alarm going off?
Maybe, the Eskies are getting roasted.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:20 PM   #640
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Are we going to see another Reilly's comeback MAGIC?? Highly unlikely. Wow, Riders trashing the Eskimos tonight at Commonwealth Stadium. Reilly got intercepted twice?? Not sure why Maas is keeping Reilly out there when the score is already a blowout.
There was no reason to keep him in, he got absolutely blasted on a clean shot when his tackle dropped his car keys on the turf and had to look for them.