Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2007, 11:47 PM   #1
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Airline Group Deals?

For those of you who work in the travel industry (sample00 especially, this is more directed to you, if u don't mind).

In the summer months, 5 members of my extended family are coming over for a visit all adults. We're planning on taking a short trip over to the East Coast (I will be in Calgary working at the time, ignore my location under my name. A Total of 8 people is going to be on this trip.

We're hoping to see if we could get any sort of deals with any Airline (Preferrably WestJet) for 8 people. Departing from Calgary to the likes of Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto and returning from either one of the 3 (will be Open Jaw, we won't be leaving from the same place we landed in)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again CP.
STeeLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I believe people like Sample00 could answer better than I.

However I believe that group deals generally kick in at 10 people. I'm trying to remember from teh few dealings I've had to book while in university.

It could possibly be cheaper to book at a seat sale rate far enough in advance as well.

You probably should give the customer service numbers for WestJet, AirCanada, and Sunwing a call (I'm assuming Sunwing flies out of Calgary, they freakin' fly out of Sydney in the summer). Explain you're looking for a group rate for 8. If they say minimum 10 out of curiousity I'd ask what it is anyway, on the off chance the discount reduces the price below 8.

If you can't get a group discount through the airline, or if you can do it through a travel agent support CPers and book through Yellowhead

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here is some information from West Jet.

http://c3dsp.westjet.com/guest/group...ngTemplate.jsp

Looks like you need 10 people to qualify as a group.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
Sample00
Sleazy Banker

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeLy View Post
For those of you who work in the travel industry (sample00 especially, this is more directed to you, if u don't mind).

In the summer months, 5 members of my extended family are coming over for a visit all adults. We're planning on taking a short trip over to the East Coast (I will be in Calgary working at the time, ignore my location under my name. A Total of 8 people is going to be on this trip.

We're hoping to see if we could get any sort of deals with any Airline (Preferrably WestJet) for 8 people. Departing from Calgary to the likes of Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto and returning from either one of the 3 (will be Open Jaw, we won't be leaving from the same place we landed in)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again CP.
sorry STeeLy I missed your earlier thread.
as far as I know, groups and group discounts consist of 10 people or more.
I just did a group of 6 people for another CP poster with westjet and even though westjet doesnt offer a discount for this group, I gave the client some monies out of my 8% commission cut that westjet gives me.
I look at it this way. the price I get through westjet is the same as what you pay whether you book with them or with me. if you book with me, they give me an 8% commission. if I give a bit of that back to the client, i still make a few sheckles and the client gets a wee bit of a discount.
hope that helps
Axel aka Sample00
Sample00 is offline   Reply With Quote