Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-04-2015, 02:49 PM   #101
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFan View Post
How about bring in Sedins and Byfuglien for Bennett, 2016 1st, 2nd, Klimchuk, Jankowski, Gillies, Hickey, Raymond, Jooris, 2017 1st try to win this year. I can't wait to win it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
This post needs that Adam Sandler incorrect response video..
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2015, 03:39 PM   #102
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How about bring in Sedins and Byfuglien for Bennett, 2016 1st, 2nd, Klimchuk, Jankowski, Gillies, Hickey, Raymond, Jooris, 2017 1st try to win this year. I can't wait to win it all.
Better throw in Hanow...er...Agostino, just to be safe.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2015, 03:48 PM   #103
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
I think Jooris is waiver eligible. He's 24 and has played 60+ NHL games.

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2013/10...orida-panthers

I think the Flames would be ok waiving Byron, Jooris, and Shore without much risk of losing them on waivers. Granlund can just be sent down.

That cuts the backlog down.
No way Shore makes it through waivers. He is Nhl ready. He was just caught in Floridas' log jam. Flordia did the kid a favor trading for Knight. Flames also teied really hard to protect the kid from waivers last season aswell as Treliving said a dozen teams tried really hard to aquire him at the deadline. He said he had to make it very clear their was no interset in dealing him away.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 04:19 PM   #104
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
No way Shore makes it through waivers. He is Nhl ready. He was just caught in Floridas' log jam. Flordia did the kid a favor trading for Knight. Flames also teied really hard to protect the kid from waivers last season aswell as Treliving said a dozen teams tried really hard to aquire him at the deadline. He said he had to make it very clear their was no interset in dealing him away.

Just basing this on opportunities given to him, but Hartley might not be seeing what everyone else sees in him. Shore really never played much after being acquired and to be fair to Hartley, when he was played he didn't show enough to warrant taking someone else's spot.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #105
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #106
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope shore pans out. 6'2 or 6'3? And didn't seem to be afraid to use the body.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:58 AM   #107
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
I hope shore pans out. 6'2 or 6'3? And didn't seem to be afraid to use the body.
Right handed. Great on face offs. Strong. Brings offense.
dying4acup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:00 AM   #108
chubeyr1
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Drew Shore has done nothing for this team! Losing him means nothing at this point. We know what we have with the rest of the team! Same can be said for Tyler Wotherspoon!

Dont get me wrong, I like both prospects alot. I think we would be wise to give them a chance and see what we have. Yet I dont see that happening. Our D is locked up barring trades. Centers locked up barring trade.

Players like this will get a chance to play if we trade Stajan and Engelland. I dont see that happening. Would like to see it happen but it wont!
Getting rid of these guys clears the path for the next pair Arnold and Morrison. Both of these two may run into the same problem too. It sucks so much having depth on a team until you dont have it!

I am as pissed as any fan, many of our prospects wont get a shot making the team regardless of play. Yet also smart enough to know this is an amazing problem to have. Depth in Goal, finally depth on D, Even the Frolik signing gives up depth on right wing!

You know a rebuild is going well when we dont have enough roster spots for skilled prospects. When you have prospects that should be playing in the NHL, you have a playoff team, or really poor management lol!
chubeyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:03 AM   #109
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

The team still lacks size up front and right handed shooters up front.

There are locks to make the team up front, but not as many as people think.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:28 AM   #110
chubeyr1
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dying4acup View Post

So who are the locks? You seem to disagree with people here so please share! Not trying to be a dick, but you cant post this without giving us a list of players you think are locks!

Size up front and right handed shooters? I want hockey players!
Why do people care so much about a right hand shot? Guy puts the puck in the net I don't care how he does it. As for size?

We could ice a team of 6' 5" giants and lose every game. I just want hockey players!
chubeyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:33 AM   #111
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I dont think someone like Shore is a lock on this team . I do believe Sore tho is Nhl ready and the Flames will trade him before losing him to waivers tho. The demand for him is there. Treliving said so himself. A GM doesn't just not trade a guy when a dozen teams come a calling unless Hartley also wanted to have him around alot longer.

I don't think Shore. Got alot of ice time out of respect for the other young players who have been around for longer in the System.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:50 AM   #112
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:
icon57 Who Are We Trading This Summer?

It would be nice if Granlund & Poirier had great camps thereby forcing out some of the veterans, namely, Stajan, Raymond, Jones and Bolig

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bouma - Backlund- Frolik
Ferland - Bennett - Poirier
Colborne - Granlund - Jooris
Byron - Shore

Call Ups:

Klimchuk - Arnold - Agostino
Wolf - Grant - Smith
Van Brabant - Elson - Carroll
Hathaway

Last edited by David Struch; 07-05-2015 at 09:14 AM.
David Struch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:00 AM   #113
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
I don't think Shore. Got alot of ice time out of respect for the other young players who have been around for longer in the System.
Just from what I remember, it looked like his conditioning needed work in order to get a regular shift in Hartley's system. He would often looked gassed before his line mates. I think you will see a different player in camp this fall if he works on that aspect this summer.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:02 AM   #114
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Flames Fan View Post
Just from what I remember, it looked like his conditioning needed work in order to get a regular shift in Hartley's system. He would often looked gassed before his line mates. I think you will see a different player in camp this fall if he works on that aspect this summer.
Just one more reason not to thin the roster until Hartley and management get another look at prospects at training camp.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #115
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr1 View Post

I am as pissed as any fan, many of our prospects wont get a shot making the team regardless of play.
The last two seasons have proven this incorrect, if a prospect is capable of playing in the NHL he will get their chance. Gaudreau, Ferland, Granlund, and Jooris all got a chance to play last season.

Who deserved a chance to play but didn't? Wotherspoon? I believe Wotherspoon gets overrated by fans because he was the best D-man in a prospect group that didn't have any high-end prospects last season. If Wotherspoon makes the NHL it will most likely be only as a 3rd pairing defenseman. His skating in his limited playing time in the NHL is concerning.

Poirier got in 6 games but didn't look ready yet. Same with Agostino. If any of these players prove they are ready next season I have no reason to worry they won't get a chance.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #116
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
The last two seasons have proven this incorrect, if a prospect is capable of playing in the NHL he will get their chance. Gaudreau, Ferland, Granlund, and Jooris all got a chance to play last season.

Who deserved a chance to play but didn't? Wotherspoon? I believe Wotherspoon gets overrated by fans because he was the best D-man in a prospect group that didn't have any high-end prospects last season. If Wotherspoon makes the NHL it will most likely be only as a 3rd pairing defenseman. His skating in his limited playing time in the NHL is concerning.

Poirier got in 6 games but didn't look ready yet. Same with Agostino. If any of these players prove they are ready next season I have no reason to worry they won't get a chance.
Shore and Wolf also got chances...even Sven got chances to go into games.

I think that Hartley has definitely provided kids with shots to impress...whether people think they were "fair shots" is a matter of opinion.

if Poirer, ortio, wotherspoon et al, outplays his/their competition, I am confident that this staff will have them in the lineup
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #117
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So who are the locks? You seem to disagree with people here so please share! Not trying to be a dick, but you cant post this without giving us a list of players you think are locks!

Size up front and right handed shooters? I want hockey players!
Why do people care so much about a right hand shot? Guy puts the puck in the net I don't care how he does it. As for size?

We could ice a team of 6' 5" giants and lose every game. I just want hockey players!
To me, there are 4 locks to be in the opening day line up:
Monahan
Gaudreau
Backlund
Frolik

I would add Hudler if I was 100% sure he wouldn't be traded.

I don't count Stajan, Bennett, Colborne or Bouma as locks to be in the line up either. Training camp is going to be an all out battle.

In regards to your response though, I am not saying Shore makes the team, nor that Hartley and Trelinving are going to pick the 21 tallest and heaviest players. I am saying, as have Flames management, that the team needs to get bigger up front. If the bigger players can't play, then they are out, but that doesn't mean you don't try to get bigger.

Shore was acquired for a reason, but if he isn't one of the 14 best forwards, you get rid of him. Full stop.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #118
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
To me, there are 4 locks to be in the opening day line up:
Monahan
Gaudreau
Backlund
Frolik

I would add Hudler if I was 100% sure he wouldn't be traded.

I don't count Stajan, Bennett, Colborne or Bouma as locks to be in the line up either. Training camp is going to be an all out battle.

In regards to your response though, I am not saying Shore makes the team, nor that Hartley and Trelinving are going to pick the 21 tallest and heaviest players. I am saying, as have Flames management, that the team needs to get bigger up front. If the bigger players can't play, then they are out, but that doesn't mean you don't try to get bigger.

Shore was acquired for a reason, but if he isn't one of the 14 best forwards, you get rid of him. Full stop.
Bouma should be included in the list of locks to make the roster. He is by far our best penalty killer, chips in offensively and is able to bring physical play on a smaller team. There is no way that anyone will pass him in the depth charts and take his spot unless he is traded which I doubt will happen.
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:38 PM   #119
Husky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Drew Shore has done nothing for this team! Losing him means nothing at this point. We know what we have with the rest of the team! Same can be said for Tyler Wotherspoon!

Dont get me wrong, I like both prospects alot. I think we would be wise to give them a chance and see what we have. Yet I dont see that happening. Our D is locked up barring trades. Centers locked up barring trade.

Players like this will get a chance to play if we trade Stajan and Engelland. I dont see that happening. Would like to see it happen but it wont!
Getting rid of these guys clears the path for the next pair Arnold and Morrison. Both of these two may run into the same problem too. It sucks so much having depth on a team until you dont have it!

I am as pissed as any fan, many of our prospects wont get a shot making the team regardless of play. Yet also smart enough to know this is an amazing problem to have. Depth in Goal, finally depth on D, Even the Frolik signing gives up depth on right wing!

You know a rebuild is going well when we dont have enough roster spots for skilled prospects. When you have prospects that should be playing in the NHL, you have a playoff team, or really poor management lol!
There is always lots of chances due to injuries. Happens every year.
Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #120
flame^thrower
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
IMO this post could use a little more green and a little less WTF
flame^thrower is offline   Reply With Quote