Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #2201
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Mark Davis is in over his head on this one. Everyone is looking to get an ownership share because they know he can't afford to build, let alone operate, a stadium by himself. He thought he could cut Sheldon Adelson out, and somehow keep the Goldman Sachs money. Naivety at it's finest. I also think besides San Diego, San Antonio might also get involved now, if they can find some taxpayer money of course.
Jerry Jones and other owners ultimately want Mark to sell the team to an owner that has his own cash outside of the net worth of his team. To them he got into their illustrious club through the back door. It's why Jones pulled that last minute meeting to convince other owners to change their votes to Kroenke. If Davis could have got this Vegas thing to work it may have settled things but I think now we are going to see the league start pushing harder for Davis to sell. I'm doubtful he will oblige but he's going to run out of options eventually. It's past embarrassing how the team is still playing on shale for over 1/3 of their season. Even CFL teams turn up their nose to that.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:15 PM   #2202
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pretty sure the NFL was willing to kick in $500 million to help the Chargers stadium deal. If they did the same for the Raiders to stay in Oakland, and Mark Davis kicked in a couple hundred million, something like $750 million will still get you a really nice stadium. Maybe not JerryWorld or KroenkeWorld, but obviously a massive upgrade to their current dump.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:31 PM   #2203
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I'm pretty sure the NFL was willing to kick in $500 million to help the Chargers stadium deal. If they did the same for the Raiders to stay in Oakland, and Mark Davis kicked in a couple hundred million, something like $750 million will still get you a really nice stadium. Maybe not JerryWorld or KroenkeWorld, but obviously a massive upgrade to their current dump.
Problem is Mark is cash poor. The Raiders is all he has and his dad made things more difficult by selling shares in the team to be able to give big free agent signing bonuses on some of those horrendous contracts he handed out prior to his passing. Mark can't afford to sell any more ownership in the team without losing his majority stake. He really doesn't have a lot of options and needs a sweetheart deal. This is why the NFL would prefer he sell the team as the current stadium situation is a black eye, visiting teams hate playing in that facility when there is shale on the turf, and the self made millionaire owners at the big table don't want to have divert any of their profits into bailing out this poor schmuck.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 02-02-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #2204
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith says he will tell potential free agents not to sign with the Chicago Bears should new Illinois Senate Bill 12 SA #2 pass.

The bill would adjust the Workers' Compensation Act as it applies to professional athletes, who potentially are entitled to a wage differential award. The new bill would look to eliminate those athletes from being eligible for wage differential awards after age 35

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...te-bill-passed