Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #41
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I always assumed he was a bot designed to post scheduling updates.
Updates to the NHL schedule as two games have been rescheduled.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=724616&navid=nhl:topheads

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!

Last edited by hwy19man; 06-30-2014 at 04:14 PM.
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #42
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

The schedule of Thursday night games that will be on Sportsnet 360 has been released. http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm

The schedule also shows additional weeknight national games on Sportsnet One and on the Sportsnet regional channels. The majority are NBCSN games that will be simulcasted in Canada.

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
Old 07-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #43
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy19man View Post
The schedule of Thursday night games that will be on Sportsnet 360 has been released. http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm

The schedule also shows additional weeknight national games on Sportsnet One and on the Sportsnet regional channels. The majority are NBCSN games that will be simulcasted in Canada.
I do have a couple questions about the stations that games are on. Looking at the schedule I see:

SN
SN1
SNE
SNP
SNO
SN360
FX-CA
CITY TV

Most are pretty straight forward, but I am curious there are tons listed as just SN, is that when they are on all of the regional networks because I do not believe there is a station that is just sportsnet. But we also never see SNW listed, could that just be because with both the Flames and Oilers they just happen to miss out on the national games when they can't be on all regional channels?

Last edited by Alberta_Beef; 07-20-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #44
skeena1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
I do have a couple questions about the stations that games are on. Looking at the schedule I see:

SN
SN1
SNE
SNP
SNO
SN360
FX-CA
CITY TV

Most are pretty straight forward, but I am curious there are tons listed as just SN, is that when they are on all of the regional networks because I do not believe there is a station that is just sportsnet. But we also never see SNW listed, could that just be because with both the Flames and Oilers they just happen to miss out on the national games when they can't be on all regional channels?
The games listed as simply SN are game shown on all four Sportsnet regional channels. And kind of like what they do with the Blue Jays most of the time. Those are replacing what TSN did during the week. As for the SNW games, those will be pretty much all the rest - Rogers is likely in the process of figuring how to divvy up the games between SNW and Sportsnet Flames/Oilers depending on what the baseball playoff schedule looks like.

Last edited by skeena1; 07-20-2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Clarity. Spelling.
skeena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #45
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeena1 View Post
The games listed as simply SN are game shown on all four Sportsnet regional channels. And kind of like what they do with the Blue Jays most of the time. Those are replacing what TSN did during the week. As for the SNW games, those will be pretty much all the rest - Rogers is likely in the process of figuring how to divvy up the games between SNW and Sportsnet Flames/Oilers depending on what the baseball playoff schedule looks like.
I asked about SNW because some nights it shows all of SNE, SNO and SNP (sometimes only 2 are listed) for some games, I was just asking if this is because of Flames/Oilers telecasts. It was my assumption that is why.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:38 AM   #46
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I asked about SNW because some nights it shows all of SNE, SNO and SNP (sometimes only 2 are listed) for some games, I was just asking if this is because of Flames/Oilers telecasts. It was my assumption that is why.
The ones listed as "SNP,SNO,SNE" all have start times within 3 hours of a Flames or Oilers (or both) game that same night. The ones listed as "SNO,SNE" all have start times within 3 hours of a Flames or Oilers (or both) game, and a Canucks game.

I'd say it's a safe assumption that SNW and SNP will be showing regional games those nights.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:56 AM   #47
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I do have a couple questions about the stations that games are on. Most are pretty straight forward, but I am curious there are tons listed as just SN, is that when they are on all of the regional networks because I do not believe there is a station that is just sportsnet. But we also never see SNW listed, could that just be because with both the Flames and Oilers they just happen to miss out on the national games when they can't be on all regional channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeena1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The ones listed as "SNP,SNO,SNE" all have start times within 3 hours of a Flames or Oilers (or both) game that same night. The ones listed as "SNO,SNE" all have start times within 3 hours of a Flames or Oilers (or both) game, and a Canucks game.

I'd say it's a safe assumption that SNW and SNP will be showing regional games those nights.
Alberta Beef, skeena's right. When a game is listed SN, it does mean that all 4 regional channels will show the game. There are 8 nights where not all 4 regional channels will have the national game. The Flames and Oilers both play on 5 of those nights. The Oilers play on 2 other nights and the Flames on one night. That is why SNW will not have the national game but as long as you have the TV package that has the other SN regional channels, you will be able to see the game. The Canucks play on 3 of those nights and the same will happen to SNP. The weird thing is that on Jan. 2, SNO gets the national game even though the Leafs are playing. I guess that Leaf game will be on Leafs TV.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #48
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

The NBC and NBCSN schedules have been released!

There will be 13 games on NBC and 90 games on NBCSN.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=726823&navid=nhl:topheads

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2014/07/22/nbc-sports-group-to-air-103-nhl-regular-season-games-in-2014-15/

Old 07-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #49
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rogers has added two Red Wings home games to their Saturday HNIC schedule. They will be at 1200h Mountain time with first one on January 31 against the Islanders and on March 28 against the Lightning.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #50
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

The schedule for NHL Network USA has been released. There will be 78 games and two of them involve the Flames.

Sunday, December 14, at Chicago
Monday, March 23, vs Avalanche

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebysea...NHLN-US&venue=

Old 08-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #51
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here is an article from the National Post from a week ago.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/08/18/breaking-down-the-nhls-tv-schedule-for-the-leafs-canadiens-canucks-oilers-jets-flames-and-senators/?__federated=1

The Following User Says Thank You to hwy19man For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #52
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

So for those of us who don't have cable... Do you need some sort of uber package to actually get the ridiculous number of different channels that these games are going to be on, or is it all standard?
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #53
Red Menace
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Have they announced anything about availability of regional games across the country?
I live in Montreal...will those regional Flames games all be blacked out for me?
Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #54
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Regional games are still regional games, and subject to blackouts. Without paying for Center Ice or Gamecenter, nothing will change. The only possible change is Rogers unveiling a new type of package that replaces Center Ice / Gamecenter or acts as a 'lite' package.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #55
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Regional games are still regional games, and subject to blackouts. Without paying for Center Ice or Gamecenter, nothing will change. The only possible change is Rogers unveiling a new type of package that replaces Center Ice / Gamecenter or acts as a 'lite' package.
Rogers has already said regional games that air on the nights they have national rights will be aired nationally
Old 08-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #56
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, right. Thanks for the reminder. The Flames breakdown of 22 National / 60 Regional broadcasts already accounts for that. Though it looks like some of the games that are regional in English will be national in French on TVA/TVA2 (4 in total).

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 08-28-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #57
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Rogers has already said regional games that air on the nights they have national rights will be aired nationally
Based on the schedule announced today, that appears to have changed: http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729268

There are some Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday games listed as Regional, and some Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday games listed as National.

Overall, it's 32 national games and 50 regional games. The Oilers announced their schedule with the same national/regional split.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #58
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 08-29-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:41 AM   #59
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
That press release you linked is weird, it directly contradicts the schedule on the Flames site. There are no national TV networks listed for the Thu Oct 9 and Tue Oct 14 games on the schedule, yet the press release says the first regional game is Fri Oct 17. The press release says there are 32 national games, yet the bullet points only add up to 23 games. It also lists games on Sportsnet Flames as being national - is Sportsnet Flames even carried by providers in regions outside Alberta?

3 televised preseason games, that seems like more than in the past.

It's not hard to get this info right, Rogers. I suppose they've got a few years to iron out the kinks.

The Flames schedule isn't accurate (as far as TV goes). The Sportsnet press release is accurate. That should be assumed considering 40+ are shown as not being televised on the Flames schedule.

Here are the National games:
Spoiler!

That's 32, not 23. It also includes ONE Sportsnet Flames game (not all games on that channel) as National, leading me to believe it's a typo.

It's not hard to get this info right, Fingers. I suppose you've got a few weeks to iron out the kinks :P
Chill Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #60
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Busted.

Looks like things aren't as black and white as to which nights are national as was initially reported.