Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #4321
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
Wait, but if you read this weeks Hockey News, the Oilers have the greatest prospects ever. Literally blow the Flames out of the water, prospects wise.
Kevin Lowe's Hockey News subscription has paid for itself!

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #4322
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spector eating some crow -- I don't have a URL to the article but he compares Calgary, Edmonton, and Anaheim's schedule down the stretch. Buried at the end he states:

Quote:
Edmonton was lucky to sweep Calgary this season, catching the Flames early when their goaltending was shaky and new coach Glen Gulutzan was still installing his system. The Flames are a much stouter opponent today than they were back in October—of that there is no doubt.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #4323
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Spector eating some crow -- I don't have a URL to the article but he compares Calgary, Edmonton, and Anaheim's schedule down the stretch. Buried at the end he states:
Thats not eating crow, thats just stating the obvious so he doesnt get fired for gross incompetence.

If that happens he doesnt get severance.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-18-2017, 02:51 PM   #4324
WesternCanadaKing
Giver of Calculators

Exp:

Whether or not McDavid stays in Edmonton for his career depends totally on their ability to draft and develop players successfully. Otherwise they have a case of arrested development waiting for them where they can't get better but they don't get worse, until McDavid leaves.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #4325
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know we all joke about the sweat pants and nice shoes thing, but today while picking up a pizza, an Edmonton fan was in front of me in line with a backward hat, an Edmonton shirt, ripped jeans and dress shoes.
I couldn't believe it. Hahaha
Old 03-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #4326
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ripped jeans. Must be on his way to a formal event
Old 03-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #4327
trublmaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

never thought id utter these words but go nucks go
Old 03-18-2017, 11:39 PM   #4328
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Whew. The Oilers managed to squeak out a win while being soundly outplayed by one of the worst teams in the NHL playing their third-string goalie.

Next stop: the Stanley Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2017, 07:48 AM   #4329
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is crazy to see all the fans come out of the woodworks and trash talk after their team shows a glimmer of hope. I guess they think the ten years of ineptitude gets washed away when they lucked into Connor McDavid.

That said, Cam Talbot was a good pickup by the Oilers. I hope they keep overworking him though, so he gets burnt out when the playoffs come around.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:33 PM   #4330
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't wait to hear about teams refusing to pull their goalies due to not wanting McFallenAndICantGetUp to feast on empty-net points.
The Following User Says Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #4331
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Ripped jeans. Must be on his way to a formal event
Was he wearing his 'good' mustard stained wife-beater?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #4332
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

He soaked up Edmonton like a Sponge.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 AM   #4333
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm starting to get resigned to expecting the Greasers to finish above us, given that we have a much tougher schedule remaining than they do, and now we're down two of our better players for a few games. Hoping that doesn't happen, but preparing for it. Would love to see a BoA for the first round, but it's looking less likely if the Ducks keep winning. Hopefully some OOT teams will help us a bit along the way.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:40 AM   #4334
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

^I resign to nothing. Keep shooting for 1st in the division. This team has that potential.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #4335
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
I'm starting to get resigned to expecting the Greasers to finish above us, given that we have a much tougher schedule remaining than they do, and now we're down two of our better players for a few games. Hoping that doesn't happen, but preparing for it. Would love to see a BoA for the first round, but it's looking less likely if the Ducks keep winning. Hopefully some OOT teams will help us a bit along the way.
Meh. The Flames handled an identical Kings effort better than the Oilers. I think the Flames are playing better hockey than the Oilers now, which makes up for the schedule.

All it will take is a McDavid dry spell or Talbot having a few mediocre games.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:12 AM   #4336
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Meh. The Flames handled an identical Kings effort better than the Oilers. I think the Flames are playing better hockey than the Oilers now, which makes up for the schedule.

All it will take is a McDavid dry spell or Talbot having a few mediocre games.
Don't you know, apparently Talbot gets better the more he plays because he eats right and uses sleep as a weapon.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #4337
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Missing both Ferland and Tkachuk at the same time will not help the Flames' cause either.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #4338
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Could not care less where Oil finish.
Flames could play them in round 1,2 or 3 depending on final standings.
Would only like Flames to avoid Chicago as long as possible. I see the Hawks as the team to beat (again) in the west.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:20 AM   #4339
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was just really looking forward to the epic meltdown when the Kings passed the Oilers and eliminated them from the playoffs......again. Oh well, getting our chance to beat them in the playoffs is second best.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #4340
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its funny how their fans were lamenting the fact that 10 teams just laid down and died for us, what do they think now?

They're actually playing teams whose season is dead and buried. You cant tell me that was the LA Kings at 100%.

Closed Thread