Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2024, 12:21 AM   #101
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh awful cast thus far. Very few likeable castaways. Not a single one comes to mind yet. Obviously it's early, and 45 started off as a mess as well, but not keeping my hopes up. Can we stop with the crying already as well? I get that it can be an emotional game, but it's become too much.

Liz is annoying (what was with the chants during the challenge?); I want her gone. Can I renounce her as my second pick? I feel bad for all the people having to work for her.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 01:19 PM   #102
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am sick of three tribes thing. It's even worse with people losing their votes, gaining extras. Go back to two already, force them into having to form large majority's, voting blocks, alliances. The beginning game is so boring. 5 person tribals where they just vote off the most useless person.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2024, 10:59 PM   #103
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Ugh awful cast thus far. Very few likeable castaways. Not a single one comes to mind yet. Obviously it's early, and 45 started off as a mess as well, but not keeping my hopes up. Can we stop with the crying already as well? I get that it can be an emotional game, but it's become too much.

Liz is annoying (what was with the chants during the challenge?); I want her gone. Can I renounce her as my second pick? I feel bad for all the people having to work for her.
Liz is my remaining player after David
if we were playing pick the worst ever contestants I would have a shot
Old 03-09-2024, 12:58 PM   #104
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Either that was one of the hardest challenges ever or this is a really bad cast.

Liz is to much for me, holy cow. But what a great GOAT for the end.

Jess was a complete mess and all over the place. They tried to cast another Emily and it failed this time around for sure.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:27 PM   #105
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Either that was one of the hardest challenges ever or this is a really bad cast.

Only one of the cast members seems to have any sort of athletic ability...

Also, my tv guide is showing that tonight's episode is only 90 minutes. Hope that's accurate.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 03-13-2024 at 10:32 PM.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 08:25 PM   #106
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tonight's episode is prime reason 1 why Survivor USA has hit the toilet and Survivor Australia is now#1.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2024, 10:19 PM   #107
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

This has got to be the biggest disaster to start a season ever. I'm guessing the injury is the only reason tonights episode wasn't 2 hours? Yeesh.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 10:36 PM   #108
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
This has got to be the biggest disaster to start a season ever. I'm guessing the injury is the only reason tonights episode wasn't 2 hours? Yeesh.
Last season started off as a dumpster fire too.

Anyone else put off by everyone on the purple tribe celebrating the one guy having to get medically removed from the game?
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2024, 10:44 PM   #109
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, my above comment is amusingly immediately dated, as the one person I thought with some athletic ability (Q) shows that he can't even *checks notes* underhand toss a bag onto a platform.

Hunter is a pleasantly sneaky surprise. I liked the bed he made, and the move to get over the barrel.

Yanu is...still nothing short of a disaster. I can't even with Bhanu. I'd go nuts playing with or just being around him. That kind of emotional instability is insane. I completely disagree with Q here. Bhanu can't be anything but a liability, because he can't control his emotions in any way. Sure...you can use him to vote out Kenzie, but that'd be a huge mistake. Because the merge is imminent and not only has he already spilled all the beans about your team, he has proven that he can't keep his dang mouth shut. He has got to be one of the worst players of all time.

It's a shame that Randen got med-evacted, but I understand it. Glad to see it was 'just' the nerve issue, and not the surgery one.
Old 03-13-2024, 10:48 PM   #110
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_12 View Post
Last season started off as a dumpster fire too.

Anyone else put off by everyone on the purple tribe celebrating the one guy having to get medically removed from the game?
The first two episodes were bad but they were shorter. Don't think the 3rd episode was horrible.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:56 AM   #111
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
The first two episodes were bad but they were shorter. Don't think the 3rd episode was horrible.
No tribal it was a pointless episode

After 3 straight nights of watching Australian Survivor this is honestly like going from the NHL to the ECHL. I'm a broken record but if you aren't watching Survivor AU hop on over and start downloading.

Fire whoever is casting US Survivor NOW
Old 03-14-2024, 06:42 AM   #112
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

My point on Survivor is not to win a million dollars. I want to win a million hearts. That’s more important to me.” — Bhanu

not to nitpick on Bhanu, because I generally do like the guy, but saying you want to go on Survivor to win a million hearts is a bit odd, no? So you’re saying you only came on the show to be popular? Do we have a future influencer in our midst? I’m not saying you need to show up on Survivor and play that same cliché “I’m not here to make friends” song, but if your chief concern is being loved, then I’m not sure you’re on the right show.

It sounds like I am dissing and dismissing Bhanu, but I have said it before and will say it again: I have been loving what an absolute mess the Yanu tribe has been. Jelinksy, Jess, and Bhanu will go down in reality TV history as the true holy trinity of cocky, kooky, and self-proclaimed wackadoodle. And I can’t help but be entertained by their hijinks. I mean, have we ever seen a tribe so obsessed with Kenny Rogers lyrics? Or one that had an actual mermaid dragon on it, for that matter?

Q is right. Bhanu is a massive Survivor fan yet seems to have no clue how to play Survivor.

Jesus, get it together, Survivor!

I get that elite athletes want to take the blame when they don’t perform in big spots rather than putting it on someone else. It’s noble and it’s admirable. That said, we were looking at some prime Survivor knuckleheadery here when Q told his allies to vote him out of the game for losing the challenge.

Dude, I get it that you lost your high school football team a big game and then had to see your name in a really unfortunate headline.

Randen Montalvo will go down as the first Survivor player to injure himself out of the game simply by sleeping.
https://ew.com/survivor-46-recap-epi...uation-8608491

1. EldrickOnIce - Jemila / Bhanu
2. csnarpy - Jessica / Randen
3. trackercowe -Venus / Liz
4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
5. WhiteTiger - Moriah / Q
6. GreenLantern - Tim / Tevin
7. ChuckieNZ - Tiffany / Maria
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David
10. mikephoen - Hunter / Jemila
11. jg13 - Randen / Jessica
12. transplant99 - Charlie / Tiffany
13. surferguy - Soda / Soda
14. Barnes - Tevin / Charlie
15. savardandjokinen - Ben / Tim
16. jroc - Maria / Kenzie
17. Sultan - David / Hunter
18. droopydrew19 - Bhanu / Venus

just like that csnarpy and jg13 are voted off the island....and likely thankful about it.

Go the Ozzie thread and watch what Survivor is all about!
https://southhemitv.com/2024/01/11/season-11-3/

Last edited by Cheese; 03-14-2024 at 08:16 AM.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 08:30 AM   #113
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
No tribal it was a pointless episode

After 3 straight nights of watching Australian Survivor this is honestly like going from the NHL to the ECHL. I'm a broken record but if you aren't watching Survivor AU hop on over and start downloading.

Fire whoever is casting US Survivor NOW
I meant last seasons 3rd episode wasn't horrible if I remember correctly. This seasons 3rd episode was.

Also dang. 2nd time in 3 seasons my player leaves due to injury early on.
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 09:09 AM   #114
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
My point on Survivor is not to win a million dollars. I want to win a million hearts. That’s more important to me.” — Bhanu

not to nitpick on Bhanu, because I generally do like the guy, but saying you want to go on Survivor to win a million hearts is a bit odd, no? So you’re saying you only came on the show to be popular? Do we have a future influencer in our midst? I’m not saying you need to show up on Survivor and play that same cliché “I’m not here to make friends” song, but if your chief concern is being loved, then I’m not sure you’re on the right show.

It sounds like I am dissing and dismissing Bhanu, but I have said it before and will say it again: I have been loving what an absolute mess the Yanu tribe has been. Jelinksy, Jess, and Bhanu will go down in reality TV history as the true holy trinity of cocky, kooky, and self-proclaimed wackadoodle. And I can’t help but be entertained by their hijinks. I mean, have we ever seen a tribe so obsessed with Kenny Rogers lyrics? Or one that had an actual mermaid dragon on it, for that matter?

Q is right. Bhanu is a massive Survivor fan yet seems to have no clue how to play Survivor.

Jesus, get it together, Survivor!

I get that elite athletes want to take the blame when they don’t perform in big spots rather than putting it on someone else. It’s noble and it’s admirable. That said, we were looking at some prime Survivor knuckleheadery here when Q told his allies to vote him out of the game for losing the challenge.

Dude, I get it that you lost your high school football team a big game and then had to see your name in a really unfortunate headline.

Randen Montalvo will go down as the first Survivor player to injure himself out of the game simply by sleeping.
https://ew.com/survivor-46-recap-epi...uation-8608491

1. EldrickOnIce - Jemila / Bhanu
2. csnarpy - Jessica / Randen
3. trackercowe -Venus / Liz
4. Cheese - Kenzie / Ben
5. WhiteTiger - Moriah / Q
6. GreenLantern - Tim / Tevin
7. ChuckieNZ - Tiffany / Maria
8. Fuzz - Q / Moriah
9. dino7c - Liz / David
10. mikephoen - Hunter / Jemila
11. jg13 - Randen / Jessica
12. transplant99 - Charlie / Tiffany
13. surferguy - Soda / Soda
14. Barnes - Tevin / Charlie
15. savardandjokinen - Ben / Tim
16. jroc - Maria / Kenzie
17. Sultan - David / Hunter
18. droopydrew19 - Bhanu / Venus

just like that csnarpy and jg13 are voted off the island....and likely thankful about it.

Go the Ozzie thread and watch what Survivor is all about!
https://southhemitv.com/2024/01/11/season-11-3/
Record out for me. And like you said .. kinda really happy! Lol
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 02:28 PM   #115
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Faaaaaaaata US Survivor!

So Banu gets saved, does he get his vote back and can now his his Shot in the Dark? That other guy told a lie to cover himself and this might come back to screw him when they eventually lose.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2024, 10:27 PM   #116
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Of course neither of them solved the puzzle. I called it beforehand, that both would fail (and Banu would cry). Pathetic really. I wonder what Boston Rob, Ozzy, Malcolm, and other challenge beasts think watching these new seasons. It's sad really, I can't remember the last time we had someone close to their level.

Probst needs to go, it's become embarrassing how low they've stooped.

They should have a returnee season of the best challenge beasts. Stop casting nerds, hypochondriacs, and couch potatoes. It doesn't make for interesting television. Many of these castaways would be scared of their own shadow, and cry like Seinfeld's girlfriend for getting sand in their ice cream.

Last edited by trackercowe; 03-14-2024 at 10:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2024, 07:30 AM   #117
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Of course neither of them solved the puzzle. I called it beforehand, that both would fail (and Banu would cry). Pathetic really. I wonder what Boston Rob, Ozzy, Malcolm, and other challenge beasts think watching these new seasons. It's sad really, I can't remember the last time we had someone close to their level.

Probst needs to go, it's become embarrassing how low they've stooped.

They should have a returnee season of the best challenge beasts. Stop casting nerds, hypochondriacs, and couch potatoes. It doesn't make for interesting television. Many of these castaways would be scared of their own shadow, and cry like Seinfeld's girlfriend for getting sand in their ice cream.

You'd think that, even with CBS' Diversity Hire Pledge, that they could find interesting, capable people to play this game. But it sure doesn't seem so.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2024, 03:14 PM   #118
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

COVID was the worst thing that happened to this show. I could go on for days about what has gotten worse about the game
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2024, 09:21 PM   #119
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the fanbase didn't already exist the show would be toast. It really needs dramatic alterations from top to bottom.
Old 03-20-2024, 06:56 PM   #120
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is wrong with Moriah’s mouth? Looks pretty gross.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote