Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #81
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiz View Post
This may outrage some people here:

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions Flames Prob Lines vs Min-Tanguay Stajan Iginla-Baertschi begin Jackman-Glencross Cammalleri Stempniak-Comeau Cervenka Hudler
All you can do is laugh.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #82
Prufrock
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Gah, how hard is it to put Cervenka with Hudler and Baertschi while putting Comeau on the 4th line? I've got nothing against Comeau, and I think he's played a solid last couple games, but always either losing the puck immediately after entering the offensive zone or doing a lap around the zone with the puck, then trying to leave it for an awkward play by the D man, these habits of his are just killing plays.

Granted, Cervenka hasn't done much recently to warrant playing on a higher line, but the guy has proven chemistry with Hudler and should being playing more minutes each night to help him get acclimatized to the NHL. He's a player we brought in for skill, so put him with skill.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #83
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I remember when we put li'l Theoren Fleury on the 4th line with Tim Hunter and Jim Peplinski and it turned him into a grinder.

If Baertschi has the talent he'll emerge. Nothing Hartley does to him should be able to change that.
Just like when Detroit brought Datsyuk and Zetterberg in on the 3rd and 4th lines and ruined them.

Hartley helped develop Tanguay, Hejduk, Drury, etc in Colorado and Heatley, Kovalachuk, Savard, etc in Atlanta. I think he has a pretty good understanding of how to develop young players.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #84
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Relax with the Baertschi thing. He's a smaller player on a line with two bigger and physical players protecting him. He'll be the creativity for the two guys that go to the net and get rebounds. I really don't think it's that bad of a choice considering he still needs time to learn the defensive side of the game. He's not been too terrible defensively, but he does miss his coverage sometimes. Plus, he's coming back from an injury and probably needs protected minutes.

Cervenka is being groomed to fill in at center and is more experienced. He plays well with Hudler and nobody can really say that Comeau isn't playing well the last few games, and he obviously is on that line to cover for the defensive lapses of Cervenka. Hudler is responsible, but they need someone with some size on that line to help out.

To me this is a good balance of talent throughout the lineup and gives the Flames the best chance at a win. I do not think this is permanent and I'm sure once Baertschi shows a consistency to his game he will be moved up. It also depends on how well Cervenka does defensively before putting a rookie with them. Or maybe put Glencross with those two and Baertschi with Cammalleri and Stempniak.

Either way, there are holes on this team and Hartley is cobbling together a lineup with what he has to work with. Cut him some slack.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #85
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
So Nashville place Brian McGratton on waivers. Flames fan favorite? Should they put a claim in?

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie NSH puts Brian McGrattan on waivers.

Expand
I watched him the couple of games the Milwaukee Admirals were in town and he's lost everything he had going for him. No toughness or fight left in his body it seems. He just went with the flow of the game, doing what he could to not screw up.

So no, I wouldn't want him. (Although the Heat do need a goon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Folks in the Media are starting to make some noise that avangard omsk is losing their series. Insinuating Ramo could come over very soon.
Omsk won today 5-2, so the series is now tied 2-2.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #86
krispykream
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

didnt we have brian mcgrattan on our team few years ago. and wutsup with comeau still on this team get rid of this guy he has no hockey IQ
krispykream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #87
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Baertschi-Cervenka-Hudler has the potential to get bullied in their own zone, especially on the road.

That line would work on home when you can shelter them heavily but until Cervenka is NHL ready as a center that line will get bullied.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #88
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Baertschi-Cervenka-Hudler has the potential to get bullied in their own zone, especially on the road.

That line would work on home when you can shelter them heavily but until Cervenka is NHL ready as a center that line will get bullied.
You are probably right. I still don't understand why they don't put Stempniak on that line?

Also it looks like Hudler has been the center for that line for the last couple, with Comeau taking the draws.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #89
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

We sure play the Wild a lot.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #90
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone else been as impressed with Stempniak as I've been?

I know the guy's a streaky player, but when he's on he looks awesome out there.

As for tonight's game, I'm hoping Sunday's game was the end of Iggy and Glencross' slumps.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #91
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Has anyone else been as impressed with Stempniak as I've been?

I know the guy's a streaky player, but when he's on he looks awesome out there.

As for tonight's game, I'm hoping Sunday's game was the end of Iggy and Glencross' slumps.
Dare I say it, Stemps and Stajan have been our best and most consistent forwards this year. Setting a great example for everyone else to follow. Really good puck battles which is something the rest of the Flames need to do more of.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #92
FlamesAllTheWay
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't understand some of the ruffled feathers with regards to where Baertschi currently finds himself on the roster. Rightly or wrongly the team believes it's in the hunt for the playoffs and statistically they still actually are. Now's not the time to start giving out important minutes to younger players simply for developments sake. We should be playing our best guys and so far Sven hasn't really shown why he should be taking minutes away from guys like Stempniak, Hudler, Glencross, Cammy, etc, etc.

If we've fallen out of contention later in the year and Sven's still getting reduced minutes in a bottom six role I'd understand and agree. At this point though, based on what I've seen I have no problem with where he is on the roster.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #93
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

payback time! Backstrom is going to get pounded by Butler!!! Hospital hockey!!! Lots of patients!
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bertuzzied For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #94
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceCody View Post
just...WHY?
Comeau has blackmail material?

Kidding on the above but if I were to guess I'd say that the coach is still uneasy about using Cervenka as a center and feels more comfortable with Comeau on the line to back him up then Baertschi.

Shouldn't be much of a surprise. Hartley has always been more considered a veterans coach nay? "Smells like Chocolate" and all that stuff.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #95
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertuzzied View Post
payback time! Backstrom is going to get pounded by Butler!!! Hospital hockey!!! Lots of patients!
I really don't understand you most times.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #96
DoNotCompute
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I honestly don't mind Baertschi on the 4th line for the moment. As most posters have said, the protected minutes will be good for him and he could very well end up potting one while playing against less skilled 4th line opposition. I feel like the kid just needs to score one, and he'll start feeling it... it will do wonders for his confidence.

Honestly, as much of a anti-comeau hard-on we all have, the guy hasn't played that badly the last couple of games. Give him a chance to roll and if he doesn't, start the Hartley shuffle.
DoNotCompute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #97
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
I really don't understand you most times.
waka woo waka woo. humala humala!

Flames win a squeaker tonite. 13-2. Of course it's Comeau that misses the extra point!! hehehe booo Comeau arigato!
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bertuzzied For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #98
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Calgary Flames@NHLFlames
"It's time for the flirting to be over. Let's get married," Bob Hartley on pushing past the .500 mark ~ http://cflam.es/YAD0Hv #CGYMIN

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #99
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Calgary Flames@NHLFlames
"It's time for the flirting to be over. Let's get married," Bob Hartley on pushing past the .500 mark ~ http://cflam.es/YAD0Hv #CGYMIN
Boy, did the coach just set a standard for tonights game from his squad.
HELPNEEDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #100
vektor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'd switch Jackman for Comeau because while Comeau is terrible, atleast he hits a lot of people. I see why Hartley puts him with the grinders, to protect him because he's our #1 prospect. Baertschi is not the solution to us making the playoffs, Hartley is just protecting our only iceable forward prospect which makes perfect sense seeing as he got hurt to start the season
vektor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getover500 , gtd , winwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwin , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin