Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #161
Brannigans Law
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Canuck fan bases has an incredible victim complex. It's really funny to me because they think everyones out to get them. Probably comes from years of egregious diving. Reap what you sow Diver McRiotville
Well, deal with it. I wasn't cheering for Canada either way. Nothing worse than arrogant Canadian fans. They'd be lucky to finish 4th. Quote me on that. They have a bad team and that is why I won't be cheering for them.
Brannigans Law is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brannigans Law For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 11:55 AM   #162
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

torts got outcoached. Played perfectly into Hartley's hand.

Then Hartley trolled him big time by giving him the silent treatment on the benches and then by popping out of the door to get one verbal shot in, then leaving. Loved it.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #163
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Bob Hartley. I really do.

He sticks up for his players. He's proud of them. I think he really knows how to create and crystallize a team. Sending out that fourth line (whether the intent was a line brawl or not) will do wonders for solidifying this rebuilding team.

I hope he doesn't get fired at the end of the season. He's the type of coach we need during these tough times.

Here's a bonus video that seems appropriate for this thread:

Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #164
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I heard on the post game radio that all the sports networks in the States are covering the brawl that went on in Vancouver. Seeing as how the NHL is trying to grow the sport Stateside, this will be a huge boost for ratings!. Given that I suspect Torts will be made an example by Bettman and will likely be given a 10 game suspension.
FYP.

Are you kiddin' me? Good ol' 'merica loves some old school fisticuffs.

Now then, if Burrows disrobed and showed off his itty bitties, then the NHL would be in hot water.

America: Boobs are the devil, blood is ratings gold.

Also, how awesome is it to have a team filled with guys willing to battle it out like they did last night? Bouma is a beast. I hope McGrattan is a Flame for life and Hartley scored a lot of points in my books last night. Yeah we suck, but at least we're pissed off about it and can expose the Canucks for the clowns they are.

Last edited by ComixZone; 01-19-2014 at 12:04 PM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #165
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
I like Bob Hartley. I really do.

He sticks up for his players. He's proud of them. I think he really knows how to create and crystallize a team. Sending out that fourth line (whether the intent was a line brawl or not) will do wonders for solidifying this rebuilding team.

I hope he doesn't get fired at the end of the season. He's the type of coach we need during these tough times.

Here's a bonus video that seems appropriate for this thread:

agree fully
EYE_Overstand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EYE_Overstand For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #166
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

anyone have the video link to the NBC debate between mike and Jeremy?
Old 01-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #167
macrov
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
Doubt anyone down south would look at this as a black mark. I went to three games in the states in the last two weeks (Phoenix, Nashville & Florida) and they LOVE the fighting and rough stuff.
I agree. I think it would grow the game if torts in his PR was all like "yo come at me bro, let's see what u got if you can smelelellelelelelle what the torts is cookin"

and then Bettman broadcasts the suspension all Ed McMahon style.

The NHL needs to be more like the WWE
macrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #168
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great game last night. Regardless of what everything thinks is or isn't appropriate, the game accomplished 2 things on the Flames' end:

-Team toughness. The guys stuck up for each other and it will bring them closer together. I guarantee that all the players this morning feel good about each other knowing that they have each others' backs.

- Flames may be a smaller team, but this showed the entire league that they will go down swinging. As a fan who is well aware of how we get pushed around, this is exactly what I want to see.

This game reminded me of the Isles/Pens game a couple seasons ago, where the Isles just went absolutely mental and pushed back hard against a Pens team who were disrespecting them all season long. Ask any Isles fan and they will tell you that all the suspensions/fines they were issued was well worth it. They were tired of being walked all over/laughed at league wide. I'm in the same boat. Whatever fine Hartley might face, set up a trust fund and I'll happily help him pay it off. Hell, Burke himself will probably foot the bill.

This team may be a bottom team, but nonetheless they are a TEAM now more then ever. Flames fans should be proud.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #169
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Speaking of entertainment. John Cena enjoyed it:

John Cena ‏@JohnCena 2h
Not the biggest @NHL fan but damn!! @NHLFlames and @VanCanucks looked like #RoyalRumble @WWE @WWEUniverse big @nfl games 2day! @SportsCenter
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #170
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So proud of our team last night. The players the coaching staff sticking together and not getting baited into the savage like antics of Vancouver. We dominated them from puck drop.

Big props to coach Hartley for not getting into a yelling match with that angry nut john. That physco path should be thankful no one from our team clocked him or we are talking about something bad today.

That goon squad from Vancouver got a lesson last night.
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteLFan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #171
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched the TSN reporters. It was bad. Farber may as well go back to 87 World Juniors.

The thing that stuck with me though is that there is a lot of blame attaching to Calgary for the reason that we are (and I quote Simmons) almost "the worst team in hockey". So aside from blame attaching to Hartley, McGratton, Westgarth, etc, there is additional culpability because of our record?!?!?!?!?! That Vancouver is so far ahead of us in an organization that we suckered them into this?!?!?!?!?!

That has me shaking my head.

oh, and I echo the request for an NBC link to Milbury Roenick.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #172
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
Speaking of entertainment. John Cena enjoyed it:

John Cena ‏@JohnCena 2h
Not the biggest @NHL fan but damn!! @NHLFlames and @VanCanucks looked like #RoyalRumble @WWE @WWEUniverse big @nfl games 2day! @SportsCenter
Thats what I said last night. Totally like WWE. Complete with backstage hi-jinx and trainers jumping over players throwing punches.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #173
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Great game last night. Regardless of what everything thinks is or isn't appropriate, the game accomplished 2 things on the Flames' end:

-Team toughness. The guys stuck up for each other and it will bring them closer together. I guarantee that all the players this morning feel good about each other knowing that they have each others' backs.

- Flames may be a smaller team, but this showed the entire league that they will go down swinging. As a fan who is well aware of how we get pushed around, this is exactly what I want to see.

This game reminded me of the Isles/Pens game a couple seasons ago, where the Isles just went absolutely mental and pushed back hard against a Pens team who were disrespecting them all season long. Ask any Isles fan and they will tell you that all the suspensions/fines they were issued was well worth it. They were tired of being walked all over/laughed at league wide. I'm in the same boat. Whatever fine Hartley might face, set up a trust fund and I'll happily help him pay it off. Hell, Burke himself will probably foot the bill.

This team may be a bottom team, but nonetheless they are a TEAM now more then ever. Flames fans should be proud.
out of thanks! so THANKS
Old 01-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #174
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would've given a kidney to see Malarchuk make beef stew out of Tortorella's face. I mean, c'mon, the guy almost died twice! I doubt he's scared of a man at this point.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #175
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Would this line brawl have anything to do with last game where Alberts was hit by Mcgrattan along the boards?

CPHL Dallas Stars
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to t0rrent98 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #176
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre "monster" mcguire View Post
i would've given a kidney to see malarchuk make beef stew out of tortorella's face. I mean, c'mon, the guy almost died twice! I doubt he's scared of a man at this point.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #177
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Westgarth was fighting no matter what. He didn't wait for something to happen he was dropping his gloves and fighting.

That is staged. Just because Bieksa didn't fight him doesn't change what Westgarth did and went out to do and the NHL wants to stop things like that from happening.
Dude you do realize what a defencemen taking the opening faceoff means right?

It means fight time so why wouldn't Bieksa the one punch coward oblige? Westgarth was out there to either fight or make a physical impact. Do you think if he was lined up against a Sedin he would have dropped his gloves?
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #178
Hockeyboi
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Tortorella and SasTITo have some nerve calling anyone idiots!.... torts could have used his 1st line if it he wanted, his excuse about protecting them is complete BS, while McGrattan and Westgarth are tough guys they are not dirty players that go out to injure other players...... All so Torts has a short memory as didn't he do the same thing in New York with his 4th against the Devils?..... All what's that ####### Milbury sticking his nose in for? He is a washed up 2 bit goalie and an even worse TV pundit!....... Also isn't Burrows a real hard man when he's got his face protecter on?
Hockeyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #179
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Clint was raging, when a man is mad those fists have more power then usual. John would be in a bad bad way if he wasn't saved by the flames players. Damn lunatic.
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #180
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Tried to search fro the Milbury/Roenick deiscussion and got a number of other similar heated discussions (not the one we are looking for though). These two seem to dislike each other.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote