Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-20-2017, 11:38 AM   #61
ComixZone
Franchise Player
 
ComixZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrader View Post
How did you guys get your invoices? Online or in the mail? Thanks
Check your Flames Account on CalgaryFlames.com
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #62
bcneil
Farm Team Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantrader View Post
How did you guys get your invoices? Online or in the mail? Thanks
Sign into your account manager.....new invoice right at the top
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bcneil For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #63
bigbadboss101
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Exp:
Default

Hopefully the guys who are Hot House members and put a deposit on next season don't get offered bad playoff seats or seats that are over priced far higher than what a STH would pay.
bigbadboss101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #64
polak
In the Sin Bin
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Exp:
Default

PL is $80 a game for round 1 and $93 for round two.

Seems like that's right around what I paid for the games last year.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #65
Otto-matic
Franchise Player
 
Otto-matic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sector 7-G
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
PL is $80 a game for round 1 and $93 for round two.

Seems like that's right around what I paid for the games last year.
Yeah IIRC that was what I paid for my PL seats.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #66
bcneil
Farm Team Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Exp:
Default

Dug up some old records for comparison from 2015

Round 1 Greens....then $59.25.....now $62.30
Round 2 Greens....then $69.13.....now $72.69

I also won the playoff lottery twice in round 1. They were priced as follows from ticketmaster.

Greens......$130.38
PL...row 17......$92.88
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #67
GullFoss
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I'll place an extremely large wager on this. They'll sell out regardless of who they play. If they continue on past the first round, ticket prices will go up and they'll still sell out. It wasn't a problem in 2015, and won't be one this year.
It was a problem is 2015 - not against the canucks, but against the ducks. Sure, the games eventually sold out, but Anahiem tickets were available until hours before the game on ticketmaster (directly from the Flames). And thats because face value on a pair of white tickets (row 24, 209) was ~$460 if I remember correctly. And it was pushing what the market would bear for sure...

Might it be different this year because the flames are actually competitive against the ducks and sharks now? I think so, but who knows...
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:10 PM   #68
mikephoen
First Line Centre
 
mikephoen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
It was a problem is 2015 - not against the canucks, but against the ducks. Sure, the games eventually sold out, but Anahiem tickets were available until hours before the game on ticketmaster (directly from the Flames). And thats because face value on a pair of white tickets (row 24, 209) was ~$460 if I remember correctly. And it was pushing what the market would bear for sure...

Might it be different this year because the flames are actually competitive against the ducks and sharks now? I think so, but who knows...
If they sold out hours before puck drop then it sounds like they priced the tickets perfectly. If they are selling out instantly then they are leaving money on the table for scalpers.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #69
Fire
Franchise Player
 
Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I'm also in the green section. 57.8% is the increase if you include all preseason games. If you take the total season ticket holder price and divide it by the 41 regular season games, it's only a 43.8% increase. Either way the total amounts paid are the same. It's just how I look at it, and is more of an optics point.



I'll place an extremely large wager on this. They'll sell out regardless of who they play. If they continue on past the first round, ticket prices will go up and they'll still sell out. It wasn't a problem in 2015, and won't be one this year.
Seem to recall empty seats for the Ducks series in 2015 playoffs but I could be wrong. I'm sure the Flames will make sure it's considered a sellout no matter what in any case.
__________________

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #70
tvp2003
Franchise Player
 
tvp2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
It was a problem is 2015 - not against the canucks, but against the ducks. Sure, the games eventually sold out, but Anahiem tickets were available until hours before the game on ticketmaster (directly from the Flames). And thats because face value on a pair of white tickets (row 24, 209) was ~$460 if I remember correctly. And it was pushing what the market would bear for sure...

Might it be different this year because the flames are actually competitive against the ducks and sharks now? I think so, but who knows...
Losing games 1 and 2 by a combined score of 9-1 may have also affected demand for tickets.

Also, keep in mind -- if a Battle of Alberta comes to pass, the Flames could sell out the Dome a few times over at those prices.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #71
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software
 
Resolute 14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
"sell-out" doesn't mean 100% of available tickets sold. often seats go un-sold when a sell-out is announced.
All five games were announced at 19,289. That means all tickets distributed.

IIRC, demand was a little soft after we went down 0-2 and in part because there were high ticket price concerns, but my recollection was that the building was full for all those games. Though the Flames undoubtedly had to work harder to move them all. The same will probably be true this year.
__________________

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #72
RM14
Scoring Winger
 
RM14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
All five games were announced at 19,289. That means all tickets distributed.

IIRC, demand was a little soft after we went down 0-2 and in part because there were high ticket price concerns, but my recollection was that the building was full for all those games. Though the Flames undoubtedly had to work harder to move them all. The same will probably be true this year.
I don't think so.. I think if they sell 99%, except 50 or so very high priced seats, they just go ahead and call it 19,289.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #73
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software
 
Resolute 14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Exp:
Default

Sure, but that's standard practice everywhere. And 50 empty single seats spread throughout a 20,000 seat arena makes no practical difference.
__________________

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #74
squiggs96
Franchise Player
 
squiggs96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Section 206
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
It was a problem is 2015 - not against the canucks, but against the ducks. Sure, the games eventually sold out, but Anahiem tickets were available until hours before the game on ticketmaster (directly from the Flames). And thats because face value on a pair of white tickets (row 24, 209) was ~$460 if I remember correctly. And it was pushing what the market would bear for sure...

Might it be different this year because the flames are actually competitive against the ducks and sharks now? I think so, but who knows...
The tickets weren't gone as quickly against Anaheim as they were against Vancouver, but that's due to a few reasons. Calgary hadn't been in the playoffs in a while, so fans were eager to get in the 1st round. There were many Vancouver fans in Calgary who were trying to go to the games, whereas we don't have a lot of Anaheim fans living in Calgary.

The vast majority of the tickets sold out shortly after they were released. Tickets that are held for players, the NHL, media, etc. are released a few hours before game time. The players' tickets used to be released at 10:00 am, but in the CBA they had a provision put in to have more time for the players to buy and distribute their held tickets. These are some of the better seats too, as they aren't putting the friends and family up in the 3rd level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Seem to recall empty seats for the Ducks series in 2015 playoffs but I could be wrong. I'm sure the Flames will make sure it's considered a sellout no matter what in any case.
I was at the Ducks games, and don't recall empty seats for the whole game. There might have been a few, but I didn't see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
I don't think so.. I think if they sell 99%, except 50 or so very high priced seats, they just go ahead and call it 19,289.
That's not at all what happens. There is a specific procedure for getting to the final number, as revenue sharing is based, in part, on attendance. At no point do they just round up to capacity. The last game the Flames sold out was against Pittsburgh. Against Dallas they were 62 short of 19,289, and they did not just round up to 100%. The Flames have only sold out 11 games this year. The Vancouver bandwagon has emptied out, as they didn't sell out one game against the canucks. They did sell out against Pittsburgh, Montreal, Detroit, LA, Edmonton twice, Arizona NYE, Anaheim, Toronto, NY Rangers, and somehow Buffalo.

99% of 19,289 is 19,096, so that's a big stretch to round by 193 people.

The attendance is down this year in Calgary by about 2%. Some of that is the economy, and a lot of it is due to the early performance on the ice. They had sold out more many years in a row. Come playoffs, the fans will be back. If they advance, less and less tickets are available, so it's easier to sell out, even at higher prices.
__________________
My thanks equals mod team endorsement of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak
nvm stupid comment
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #75
aaron5425
Draft Pick
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
The Vancouver bandwagon has emptied out, as they didn't sell out one game against the canucks.
This is also due to the insane mark-up on the Canucks games this year. I tried to buy an extra pair of PL tickets to the Jan 7 game, and they were being sold from the box office for $75 each. There were entire rows that were empty during that game.
aaron5425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #76
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player
 
burn_baby_burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chiefs Kingdom, Yankees Universe, C of Red.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post





That's not at all what happens. There is a specific procedure for getting to the final number, as revenue sharing is based, in part, on attendance. At no point do they just round up to capacity. The last game the Flames sold out was against Pittsburgh. Against Dallas they were 62 short of 19,289, and they did not just round up to 100%. The Flames have only sold out 11 games this year. The Vancouver bandwagon has emptied out, as they didn't sell out one game against the canucks. They did sell out against Pittsburgh, Montreal, Detroit, LA, Edmonton twice, Arizona NYE, Anaheim, Toronto, NY Rangers, and somehow Buffalo.
.
The Buffalo game was a sell out? That is the only game this year I couldn't sell. Wierd.
__________________
burn_baby_burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #77
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software
 
Resolute 14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Exp:
Default

Actually Squiggs, when the media was making a point of trashing the Jets misreporting sellouts, they admitted that if they are within 100 tickets, they just announce a full building. I suspect most teams do as well.
__________________

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #78
squiggs96
Franchise Player
 
squiggs96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Section 206
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
The Buffalo game was a sell out? That is the only game this year I couldn't sell. Wierd.
That surprised me too. My only guess is it that people were pumped about the team before the season started and it was the 2nd home game of the year. Since TNT 1st game at home was an Edmonton Friday night tilt, this one was much cheaper. Tickets were likely sold well before the team crapped the bed in the first 3 games of the season. It was their first win.
__________________
My thanks equals mod team endorsement of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak
nvm stupid comment
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #79
edn88
#1 Goaltender
 
edn88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

My tickets (centre ice top of the blues) are the same price to me as the face value of my regular season tickets - and based on my price, they seem to have gone up about 45% from regular season.
__________________
edn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #80
squiggs96
Franchise Player
 
squiggs96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Section 206
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Actually Squiggs, when the media was making a point of trashing the Jets misreporting sellouts, they admitted that if they are within 100 tickets, they just announce a full building. I suspect most teams do as well.
The Flames have to deliver the attendance figures to the NHL right after the game. Calgary's capacity is 19,289. They don't just announce 19,289 if they are close. However, there are things you can do to inflate the number, but rounding isn't one. Without giving too much away, I've seen the process documents.

Some stadiums have differing numbers on what is a sell out. Calgary has a fixed number. There are times when more than 19,289 are inside but it gets reported as 19,289. The March 24, 2014 game against San Jose incorrectly has two digits transposed and lists the attendance as 19,829. This gives Calgary an annual, and game, attendance of 540 over capacity.
__________________
My thanks equals mod team endorsement of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak
nvm stupid comment
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 AM.

Calgary Flames
2016-17




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016