Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #701
Locke
ness Monster
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Income Tax Central
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Does anybody else have a giant lake in their backyard? The ground doesnt seem to interested in soaking this water up
I live at the top of a hill.
__________________

-Killer Sig Courtesy of ATR
Socialist Hegemony of Albertan Territory - Flag courtesy of awildermode

- "Somebody may beat me, but they're going to have to bleed to do it."
- Steve Prefontaine
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #702
4X4
One of the Nine
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
My sidewalk is going to be melting and freezing for quite some time. My front yard is on the north side of the house and doesn't get much sun. I can't wait for warm nights so that I don't have to salt or sand my walk any more.
Tiger torch your lawn!
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #703
llwhiteoutll
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Tiger torch your lawn!
Only fools use Tiger torches these days.

Use this.

http://seraphimarmoury.ca/fire-storm/
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #704
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy
 
ken0042's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I can't wait for warm nights so that I don't have to salt or sand my walk any more.
I have started buying the 7mm gravel from Burnco. A big rubbermaid container full costs about $4, and with gravel that size the water flows over and around it, so by the next morning it is embedded in the ice and still giving traction.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #705
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I have started buying the 7mm gravel from Burnco. A big rubbermaid container full costs about $4, and with gravel that size the water flows over and around it, so by the next morning it is embedded in the ice and still giving traction.
You can pick up free gravel at fire stations and community EMS halls. I think it is mixed with salt, too. Plus, free.

http://www.calgary.ca/Transportation...locations.aspx
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - hold on tight, we're going in dry!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #706
Wormius
Franchise Player
 
Wormius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere down the crazy river.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You can pick up free gravel at fire stations and community EMS halls. I think it is mixed with salt, too. Plus, free.

http://www.calgary.ca/Transportation...locations.aspx


I just wish I could get some free clay. Nothing would beat that.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #707
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I just wish I could get some free clay. Nothing would beat that.
Sweet, I'll PM you later this summer!
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - hold on tight, we're going in dry!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #708
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy
 
ken0042's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You can pick up free gravel at fire stations and community EMS halls. I think it is mixed with salt, too. Plus, free.

I tried that a couple of years ago. Went twice- no sign of the free gravel and each time everybody was out on a call. That's why I'll fork out a few dollars.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:01 PM   #709
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Interesting, the one by me just has a bin by the ambulance bay. Quite handy!
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - hold on tight, we're going in dry!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #710
4X4
One of the Nine
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Interesting, the one by me just has a bin by the ambulance bay. Quite handy!
Haha... Well why don't you fill your saddle bags and chuck it in front of you while riding down the bluff, ya whiner!
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:44 PM   #711
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Haha... Well why don't you fill your saddle bags and chuck it in front of you while riding down the bluff, ya whiner!
I've often wondered why they don't fill boxes at the top of hills for citizens to make pathways safer. The one I usually go down, a guy actually shovelled the whole freakin thing this year, after every snowfall. It's made a big difference, though ice still wins out some days.
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - hold on tight, we're going in dry!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #712
surferguy
Monster Storm
 
surferguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I've missed the rain so much. Even though it's windy and stormy and essentially crap rain that will likely encase the city in ice by morning, I've missed it. It also signals that we are on the verge of spring. We will still get some snow but the worst of winter is over. The seasonal shift is here.
__________________
Shameless self promotion

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2017, 09:58 PM   #713
BigNumbers
Powerplay Quarterback
 
BigNumbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
It also signals that we are on the verge of spring. We will still get some snow but the worst of winter is over. The seasonal shift is here.
David Attenborough, is that you?!
BigNumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:02 PM   #714
surferguy
Monster Storm
 
surferguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumbers View Post
David Attenborough, is that you?!
Perhaps I'm not the only one watching Planet earth this evening.
__________________
Shameless self promotion

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:02 PM   #715
Weitz
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
I've missed the rain so much. Even though it's windy and stormy and essentially crap rain that will likely encase the city in ice by morning, I've missed it. It also signals that we are on the verge of spring. We will still get some snow but the worst of winter is over. The seasonal shift is here.
I drove from Lake Louise to the edge of the Mountains today in a crazy downpour. Felt like summertime.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:03 PM   #716
keratosis
First Line Centre
 
keratosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Not sure
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumbers View Post
David Attenborough, is that you?!
Sounds more like David Spence.
__________________
Rubles?
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #717
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

I'm in Canmore, the rain this evening was rediculous. I was planning on going to lake Louise tomorrow, but will have to see what happened overnight.
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - hold on tight, we're going in dry!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #718
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm in Canmore, the rain this evening was rediculous. I was planning on going to lake Louise tomorrow, but will have to see what happened overnight.
We got a lot of rain in the NW but I was out a 7 a.m. this morning and the roads were dry.
__________________
RIP Al Davis / 1929 - 2011
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #719
keratosis
First Line Centre
 
keratosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Not sure
Exp:
Default

Not even a drop down here.
__________________
Rubles?
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:56 PM   #720
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Well that's the earliest I ever remember getting hail.
__________________
Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.
Telus - hold on tight, we're going in dry!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Calgary Flames
2016-17




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016