This is a forum where you can post things that you want to get rid of, or ask for things you need (or even trade one for the other).
All the standard guidelines apply to this forum, but since there's buy/sell activity going on there's a few more things...
Ticket Sales - Please use the Ticket Exchange Subforum for Tickets sales (Flames, Stamps, Concert, etc).
Please note that the Ticket Subforum has its own set of rules.
- No porn, alcohol, tobacco, drug, or weapon sales.
- No pirated/bootleg/illegal software or DVD sales/trades allowed. (This includes copies of professional sports games)
- No commercial services or products. Commercial is defined items obtained and sold for the purpose of profit. We also include any type of sale where there is no determined quantity. (If in doubt, please ask.)
- Prices must be posted for ALL items, no auctions allowed.
- While it is alright to link to another site like Kijiji for additional information or pictures, you must have at least a description of what you are selling.
- No critical posts. If you have questions, ask them. If you think the price is too high PM the seller with a lower offer or keep it to yourself. This includes posting links to places selling lower priced items.
- No scamming. Scamming is misleading the buyer or seller for the purposes of profiting. This may include selling something that is faulty or knowingly misrepresenting the quality of the item to inflate the price. If you scam, you will be banned and reported to the authorities. If you feel you have been scammed, please contact the mods.
- No selling items over retail price. While this rules was created for electronic sales, it applies to all items. While the definition of retail price can be vague at times, the line in the sand will be the MSRP. If somebody has an item for sale higher than what it sells for, please report the post instead of responding in the thread.
- Please limit yourself to one or two active threads at a time. If you have a number of items for sale, please put them into one thread.
- Please limit the bumping (bringing your thread to the top) to once per day. Also keep in mind that not all items will sell, so try to keep the number of total bumps to a minimum.
- When your item sells; or the thread is no longer relevant, please do not delete your thread. That also includes editing all the info out. It's fine to remove any contact info or adding an indication it is sold, but leave the thread intact. There is nothing worse than spending time trying to search for the thread; only to find out the seller deleted the info.
Be smart about buying and selling, especially if it's someone you have to ship to/from. Use an online payment service and your Credit Card so you can get your money back if the seller doesn't send the item. If you have 3 posts and the other person has 3,000 expect to have to send the money/item first and the other person will respond after they have verified your half of the deal.
If you have any other suggestions for safe online buy/sell post them here.