Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2023, 07:18 AM   #10021
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Didn't see this elsewhere, but Netanyahu takes a shot at Trudeaus comments in regards to the Gaza situation

https://twitter.com/user/status/1724588372994216010
Old 11-15-2023, 08:05 AM   #10022
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1724799414043038197
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 01:58 PM   #10023
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Didn't see this elsewhere, but Netanyahu takes a shot at Trudeaus comments in regards to the Gaza situation

https://twitter.com/user/status/1724588372994216010

Not to turn this into the Israel-Hamas thread version, but hard to take criticisms seriously when he says Israel is doing everything possible to keep civilians safe, when that is blatantly not true.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ped For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2023, 03:14 PM   #10024
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
Not to turn this into the Israel-Hamas thread version, but hard to take criticisms seriously when he says Israel is doing everything possible to keep civilians safe, when that is blatantly not true.
Yeah, if people are holding a fascist like Bibi up as a moral compass, that say more about them than it does Trudeau.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:55 AM   #10025
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

So what's the lowdown on Pierre?

I've tune out of the federal politics scene but wanted to gauge the temperature around this fella.

I heard about his apple-munching interview that went viral in Merica and decided to check it out strictly for laughs. But it turned out to be one of the best, no-nonsense interviews from a PM candidate I've ever heard.

Is he really the goon the lefties and CBC shows make him out to be, or is he the way forward?

Although I realize that for many, anything but Trudeau would be considered an improvement.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:56 AM   #10026
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post

I've tune out of the federal politics scene but wanted to gauge the temperature around this fella.

I heard about his apple-munching interview that went viral in Merica and decided to check it out strictly for laughs. But it turned out to be one of the best, no-nonsense interviews from a PM candidate I've ever heard.

Is he really the goon the lefties and CBC shows make him out to be, or is he the way forward?

Although I realize that for many, anything but Trudeau would be considered an improvement.
Why are you relying on others to tell you what to think when you’re capable of doing your own research?

If you consider someone eating an apple while mocking a poorly prepared journalist to be one of the best interviews you’ve ever heard, Pierre’s probably the guy for you.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 08:59 AM   #10027
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

poorly prepared journalist. I'm sorry but that journalist was fully prepared for what he wanted to achieve.

If there's one thing about PP is that he just doesn't accept the normal way that people like this journalist do business and he's not really afraid to call them out on it.

The journalist was pretty unprofessional.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 09:38 AM   #10028
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
poorly prepared journalist. I'm sorry but that journalist was fully prepared for what he wanted to achieve.
I kinda doubt he wanted to achieve making Pierre look good but I’m willing to hear your argument for why you feel that was the case Cap.

Quote:
If there's one thing about PP is that he just doesn't accept the normal way that people like this journalist do business and he's not really afraid to call them out on it.
That’s one person’s opinion I suppose.

Quote:
The journalist was pretty unprofessional.
I don’t disagree with you on that.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:39 AM   #10029
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

PP is a modern Canadian conservative he panders to his religious' base, but not so hard he scares away moderate conservatives. He promises a better economy, but doesn't plan on working with any kind of economic austerity. In short, the economic course will largely stay the same, but there will be a sharp decrease in social justice rhetoric and an increase of right wing dog whistles.

PP looks like a strong candidate because his job is to be the primary critic of an increasingly unpopular and scandal ridden PM.

Is he dangerous? probably not in small doses but give any PM 10 years and they will find a way to make their friends rich and push through some ideologically driven BS.

Odds are good he is the next PM so long as he can steer clear of any anti abortion or homophobic scandals.

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 11-16-2023 at 09:44 AM.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 09:43 AM   #10030
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Given the media environment these days, my biggest concern is him cutting the CBC off. Most of our media is controlled by Americans now, it'd be tragic to lose that.

Ya, I know, here come the CBC haters.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 09:56 AM   #10031
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

-_-
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:17 AM   #10032
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

The way the right and the left talk is starting to sound the same to me.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:40 AM   #10033
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
It'd be nice to find some common ground. One side seems to want to blame the government, the other has disdain for corporations. The reality is they're completely in bed with each other at this point.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 11:02 AM   #10034
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
It’s almost as if those terms were made up simply to create division.

They make about as much sense as the time when I saw a pro-choice gun rights activist debating with a pro-life anti firearms activist and someone said “wow the rift side is really taking it to the leght side”.
Old 11-16-2023, 11:25 AM   #10035
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post

LOL. I love how people who mock the CBC don't watch the CBC. I PVR the National and watch it every day, well except for Saturdays.

One thing is they don't mock Mr. 2X4 Smarm Ass enough on their power and politics segment enough. Supporting the Freedumb deplorables is disqualifying.
Old 11-16-2023, 12:33 PM   #10036
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
PP is a modern Canadian conservative he panders to his religious' base, but not so hard he scares away moderate conservatives. He promises a better economy, but doesn't plan on working with any kind of economic austerity. In short, the economic course will largely stay the same, but there will be a sharp decrease in social justice rhetoric and an increase of right wing dog whistles.

PP looks like a strong candidate because his job is to be the primary critic of an increasingly unpopular and scandal ridden PM.

Is he dangerous? probably not in small doses but give any PM 10 years and they will find a way to make their friends rich and push through some ideologically driven BS.

Odds are good he is the next PM so long as he can steer clear of any anti abortion or homophobic scandals.
If he was to be elected and actually lasted 10 years he would have far exceeded expectations most of us would have of him and would likely be a result of not pushing through ideological BS. That's the kind of stuff that would make him a one and done PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 01:44 PM   #10037
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Federal Court overturns the Government's Cabinet Order on Single use plastics.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10096664/...medium=Twitter

Quote:
he Federal Court has quashed a cabinet order that listed plastic manufactured items as toxic under Canada’s environmental protection law. The court said the category was too broad and the government overstepped its constitutional bounds. The decision calls the cabinet order both “unreasonable and unconstitutional.”
The decision has implications for the government’s ban of some single-use plastic items, including straws, grocery bags and take-out containers.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 02:08 PM   #10038
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Federal Court overturns the Government's Cabinet Order on Single use plastics.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10096664/...medium=Twitter
Fk yeah. I hope plastic straws come back. I currently drive with a bunch in my glovebox for movies and such, but 90% of the time I forget to bring them in with me and am stuck with those nasty paper ones.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 03:04 PM   #10039
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Fk yeah. I hope plastic straws come back. I currently drive with a bunch in my glovebox for movies and such, but 90% of the time I forget to bring them in with me and am stuck with those nasty paper ones.
Yeah like eff turtles. our landfills isn't close to any water ways. Calgary should have never been under that ban! The only good thing about the plastic straw ban is that I've only had like 3 slurpees in the past 7-8 months.
Old 11-16-2023, 03:10 PM   #10040
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post: