Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 09:56 AM   #4621
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsd1 View Post
Don't worry Oiler fans, you'll always have this guy to pump your tires:

@DarrenDreger
The Oilers clinching punches my ticket for a first round front row seat out west. Looking forward to the run. #TSNHockey
"the run"

jesus christ is there a fan base that has ever deserved less than oilers fans?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #4622
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
Not going to credit where you saw that?
I got it from a friend of mine and I'm not sure where he got it from, but if you want to help me out, feel free.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #4623
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
I got it from a friend of mine and I'm not sure where he got it from, but if you want to help me out, feel free.
Nah I just saw it on Twitter somewhere last night. Maybe it was your friend.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #4624
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing that bugs me the most is the clear arrogance of the fan base after 10 years of sucking, and they still don't acknowledge the only reason they are even here is because they were gifted a top 2 NHL forward with a 4th lottery win in a 6 year span.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #4625
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

nm
Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #4626
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Enjoy it Oiler fans you had no adversity this year, no major injuries and a schedule heavy on teams on the second half of back to backs.

Because of that, you went from what 70 points to probably 95 plus.

Your team is the epitome of unsustainable because outside of the Hall for Larson deal you didn't change that much and you still had most of your forwards playing at the same level as last year.

McDavid and Draisaitl and Talbot carried your corpse up the mountain. But like the Titan who's punishment was pushing the rock up the hill only to see it slide back down after he reached the summit, the aptly named Sysyphus (Because McDavid is a diving sissy). This is your height, and the fall down is going to be delicious.

By the way, I have to say, that I'm loving Draisaitl's explosion lately (ching ching ching goes the cash register, 7 millionth floor or maybe more for a long term deal, cap hell with McDavid).
According to Man Games lost the Flames have been the second least injured team this year behind the Capitals, Other than 10 games missed by Johnny and 12 from Verseeg what adversity has Calgary faced?

In comparison Edmonton has the 4th most man games lost. None this year were to significant players (Nurse/Pouliot/Hendricks the only regular starters) so I wouldn't say they were all that significant either.

Don't the Flames get 3 2nd half back to backs this week against the division? That argument is getting played out.

Last year the following players spent time on LTIR: McDavid, RNH, Eberle, Pouliot, Klefbom, so maybe last years adversity made the Oilers record last year worse than it should have been and the players this year are performing at the same level just more often.

As for Talbot carrying the team and being over played, I can't seem to recall Flames fans stating that Kiper was overplayed between 2005-2011 when he played a minimum of 71 games a year or apologizing to other teams when he stole games.

Last edited by Elmer; 03-29-2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elmer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #4627
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
I can't seem to recall Flames fans stating that Kiper was overplayed between 2005-2011 when he played a minimum of 71 games a year
You can tell who is an Oilers fan because they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

When is Easter?
Old 03-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #4628
ignite09
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
According to Man Games lost the Flames have been the second least injured team this year behind the Capitals, Other than 10 games missed by Johnny and 12 from Verseeg what adversity has Calgary faced?

In comparison Edmonton has the 4th most man games lost. None this year were to significant players (Nurse/Pouliot/Hendricks the only regular starters) so I wouldn't say they were all that significant either.

Don't the Flames get 3 2nd half back to backs this week against the division? That argument is getting played out.

Last year the following players spent time on LTIR: McDavid, RNH, Eberle, Pouliot, Klefbom, so maybe last years adversity made the Oilers record last year worse than it should have been and the players this year are performing at the same level just more often.

As for Talbot carrying the team and being over played, I can't seem to recall Flames fans stating that Kiper was overplayed between 2005-2011 when he played a minimum of 71 games a year or apologizing to other teams when he stole games.
Holy crap! Talk about coming out of the woodwork! You just wake up from a coma or something?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ignite09 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:18 AM   #4629
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Elmer coming out of the hole after 11 years. No surprise from Oiler fans.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:18 AM   #4630
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
You can tell who is an Oilers fan because they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

When is Easter?
I think the second part of the statement was probably more accurate - nobody apologizes when their goalie steals a game.

And looking back it's acknowledged now that Kipper was overplayed, but were people saying it at the time too? I honestly can't recall.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:19 AM   #4631
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
I think the second part of the statement was probably more accurate - nobody apologizes when their goalie steals a game.

And looking back it's acknowledged now that Kipper was overplayed, but were people saying it at the time too? I honestly can't recall.
yes, they absolutely were saying that, and Kipper's stats reflected it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #4632
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Was I talking about the Flames here? No I don't think I was.

The Oilers have had no significant injuries this year. But you have to admit that 10 games without Johnny is significant as far as injuries go.

You want adversity, look at what the Flames have overcome, a horrendous start, their two stars missing training camp, a new coach and system and unbelievably negative press due to that start. a 10 game injury to the best player on the team, horrendous goaltending during the first half of the season, and yet here they are. I would think in terms of a scale of things Calgary's struggles far outweigh the Oilers.

The Oilers have had almost a quarter of their schedule at home facing teams on the second night of a two night swing. Someone published a chart that showed how out of wack the Oilers schedule was in terms of playing as the rested team. They got a dream schedule.

When McDavid got injured last year the team plummeted and completely fell apart. The other injuries didn't have any more of a negative drag on a horrendous team.

Hey I wish the oilers nothing but the best in the playoffs, those two games in the first round, should be awesome and loud, and then going to the equipment sale after they rip the ice out, should be lots of good deals.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #4633
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...how-to-respond

everything about the edmonton oilers is hilarious.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:23 AM   #4634
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
Elmer coming out of the hole after 11 years. No surprise from Oiler fans.
I lurk here all the time... mostly for the off topic forum and arena/olympics updates as a Calgary taxpayer... but when you see the Oilers are no good thread at the top of the page for the whole season its hard not to read and laugh at the bias...
The Following User Says Thank You to Elmer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #4635
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

So will there be a camera that watches McDavid in a picture-in-picture box for Game 1? I don't want to miss a second of his face during the anthems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #4636
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Come on guys, we all know the Oilers will be hoisting the cup this spring.

They still give out cups for Pro-am golf tournaments right?
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belsarius For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:27 AM   #4637
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Oh my god, a editor seriously let that get published?

that's embarrassing, it would be good if it was bring your 5 year old son to work day and you let him write an article.

and how in the hell is Chia over .500 in Edmonton

I think he was basically 31 wins and 51 losses last year and he's 42 wins and 34 losses this year.

So he's overall 73 and 85.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 03-29-2017, 10:27 AM   #4638
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post

Aww, muffin. Sensitive much?

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:28 AM   #4639
AlbertaOiler72
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
HA HA HA HA, you sound like the some girl on a reality show. Work is hard, making the playoffs is hard. Oh the pressure. Face it, it doesn't address the fact that the Oiler's have had very little adversity this year, they've been lucky in terms of injury and certainly in terms of a gifted schedule.
disagree completely
but it is nice to finally be a healthy club considering the Oilers led the league in injuries last year

Quote:
All this shows is a lack of depth for the Oilers really, because you didn't mention that Klefbom was injured for example, as was Davidson that's not a change. you're team was exposed for a lack of depth. So what's changed, you didn't have injuries to expose your organizations lack of depth which you still have. The only real change was Larsson on the Blueline.
but the statement "the Oilers haven't changed" is completely false...they added Larsson, Russell and Benning

that's adding NHLers and depth to the roster

("adding" Klefbom has been a major too.)

Quote:
Bunk fiction, the Pens had those Star Players but managed to win the cups based on their depth as did the Blackhawks. The Pens didn't need MAF to be lights out super hero every night, and if Sid and Malkin had off nights or were hurt those teams, Chicago and Pittsburgh would have the ability to win games and carry on without those star players if need be.

If McDavid goes down for any length of time, the Oilers are a lottery team. Don't fool yourself or even try to equate the Oilers to the Pens or Blackhawks in terms of trajectory or direction of franchise. Its insulting to two teams that built off of high picks unlike the Oilers a tam that treated high draft picks like a heroin addiction and for the most part pissed them away.
really? when have both Malkin and Crosby been injured at the same time? what about Towes and Kane? we've never seen these teams lose their best players so how the heck do we know they can survive major injuries.

and who said anything about the Oilers winning the Cup? of course you need depth to win the Cup, but the Oilers aren't close yet...this is a great first step though
Old 03-29-2017, 10:28 AM   #4640
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post

Question 5- Oilers are a 3 man team

Answer - includes the likes of Kassian, Russell and several other overpaid bums (outside of Marion who is having a great outlier season)
Closed Thread