Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Kickazzflames
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Improving EASHL

Hey,

I was recently selected to apart of an EA NHL Community Committee that will be focused on bringing improvements to the EASHL. I am making this thread in hopes that it if anyone here has any ideas or opinions on how they think the EASHL should be improved to share them.

Thanks for your time!
Kickazzflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

How about including it in the game to begin with.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

• Ability to watch the current game being played by your team if you're not in it.
  • Multiple dressing rooms so a team can play more than one game at a time if you have a lot of people online
  • Better match-making (never playing Euro teams if you're in NA)
  • Remove glitches that enable you to get legend card really quick (Stamp can share these with you :P)
  • Better CPU Defense AI in the offensive zone (right now they just shoot whenever they get the puck passed to them)
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mdubz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #4
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubz View Post
  • Ability to watch the current game being played by your team if you're not in it.
  • Multiple dressing rooms so a team can play more than one game at a time if you have a lot of people online
  • Remove glitches that enable you to get legend card really quick (Stamp can share these with you :P)
  • Better CPU Defense AI in the offensive zone (right now they just shoot whenever they get the puck passed to them)
The first one I know has already been solved on the Ps4 as you can easily stream.

As for EASHL / OTP I really only have two requests.
  • Removes pauses from the game and only have quick 20 seconds intermissions so you can review stats at the end of each period. If you need to have a break then press pause and a computer with take over for your player until you return.
  • Allow people to rejoin a game if they disconnect.
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaloper View Post
The first one I know has already been solved on the Ps4 as you can easily stream.

• Removes pauses from the game and only have quick 20 seconds intermissions so you can review stats at the end of each period. If you need to have a break then press pause and a computer with take over for your player until you return.
Having AI take over would be brilliant. Never thought of that
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #6
Kickazzflames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Allowing players to rejoin games in something I want to bring up for sure.

I do like that pause idea, keeps the flow of the game going.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Having AI take over would be brilliant. Never thought of that
I don't like that, Players would find a way to take advantage of it within the first week.

My List: Everything mdubz listed +

*Bring back 1 timers like NHL 10 with some slight modifications. Did they go in to much? Yep .Did they promote passing? Yep. Reduce the accuracy and power and go from there. The game needs to get back to passing.
Hockey has always been a team game, the last 3 years the game has focused on skill stick dekes and individual moves which has lead to most EASHL teams running 2's and snipers with drag wristers.
*Drag wristers - Lower accuracy the longer its held
*Dmen - Make it easier to intercept passes and turn UP poke check for DMEN. If this means setting a cap of 75 for forwards so Dmen can poke better then so be it.
*Hidden attributes? Get outta here. Let the build determine the player type. Its stupid that snipers turn better then TWF etc. Let agility, accel, speed etc determine the attributes they impact. Remove attributes that do absolutely nothing.
*Balance and size - This is getting better but still not there. When a 6'5 guy bumps a 5'8 guy he should at least stumble and lose the puck. This happens in real hockey it should happen in NHL16.
*More updates - When its noticed that games are 6-5 and the shots are 11-8 its time to examine the goals going in. If the drag wrister short side goes in 80% of the time think about making an update to lower that a bit. NHL14 was disgusting with how it went 8months with the stupid exploit goals.
*Pauses - 1 per side, its the timeout.... beyond that remove it.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #8
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I don't like that, Players would find a way to take advantage of it within the first week.
I am not sure how they could find a way to take advantage of it more than trading wins to get legend cards quickly. I find the inactive player offside in the corner the most annoying thing in the game.

I also forgot about the ability to kick players in Drop-In / Otp games. If you have that one guy who is ruining the game you should be able to remove them.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #9
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I am not sure how they could find a way to take advantage of it more than trading wins to get legend cards quickly. I find the inactive player offside in the corner the most annoying thing in the game.

I also forgot about the ability to kick players in Drop-In / Otp games. If you have that one guy who is ruining the game you should be able to remove them.
alot of times people like playing 2s. so i can see a scenario where teams look like they have 5 and 3 back out leaving you playing against only 2 humans. not a huge issue........bigger one would be human goalie quitting when you specifically tried to match human g vs human g
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secol For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #10
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubz View Post
exploit was simply play 5 mins (or was it 2?) of a game and quit. rinse and repeat until you get however many games you want. your grades will be crap, but as soon as you get your grade back up to the sufficient levels you will unlock the card.

another method was play the minimum time, but have 3+ guys on your side and a friend on the other side. your friend would play g and let you score before quitting once the minimum time is up. you would retain your a+ grade (for scoring) and get the games played. these were frequently created as "boost" rooms/games in otp/lounge lobbies.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #11
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secol View Post
alot of times people like playing 2s. so i can see a scenario where teams look like they have 5 and 3 back out leaving you playing against only 2 humans. not a huge issue........bigger one would be human goalie quitting when you specifically tried to match human g vs human g
My thoughts exactly. Aside from the obvious two man team fake teams could Have a guy join as human goalie. He pauses out when pressure is high pauses in on break aways or similar. Also drops are not seamless they would have to resync with the host so log outs and ins would have to happen at stops in play. These resyncs would lead to more time lost then pauses when you look at it big picture because I imagine the resyncs could take ten seconds each time. I'm sure many people remember the resyncs from 14 where it panned around the arena for ten to thirty seconds.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #12
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

another suggestion is having a separate player build for LD versus RD. some guys are ok with switching hands for the one timers, some don't so might want to take down their SSP/SSA, etc

i also think that the AI should be more consistent if possible. sometimes you get spiderman goalies, other times you might as well pull you goalie. same for skaters. but i feel the quality of the AI should still be below the general skill level of a semi-decent/average human player (hard to do i know) just so you encourage less 2s. it isn't very difficult to recruit players in EASHL

i also would like having custom cameras back. the camera angles this year just doesn't do it. i loved custom 3 since i started using it and it gave me a good view of the whole ice surface without being too far. this year there is nothing similar and it's pretty brutal at times. goaltending cameras are also a pet peeve of mine, i would like some custom angles added if possible.

going back to lik's suggestions on matchmaking, there has to be a way to test the ping/latency. it should match based on the ping/latency between the players and the servers and match accordingly, i remember reading somewhere the details of how the servers and players work but don't remember the details....

reduce the number of games for each card. there is a reason why i resorted to boosting, it gets super boring when you are trying to get your 350+ games in otp

no idea why they went with weekly playoff stuff, was kind of confusing to be honest...
Old 12-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #13
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's a survey relating to EASHL you may be interested in:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WS2V872
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #14
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
There's a survey relating to EASHL you may be interested in:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WS2V872
Thanks I filled it out and everyone else should too.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #15
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

#1 no pausing
#2 credit for every game played regardless of the other teams players quitting
#3 improve the huge lag issue with microstutter every 2 seconds
#4 allow player editing while in the lobbies

these are basic features of online multiplayer games, these are the most important issues imo that are at the level of basic functionality. EASHL from years past didn't even perform properly at the fundamental levels.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #16
Kickazzflames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey guys,

Had the first meeting and had some very good talks, I will keep you guys updated as I am given information that I am allowed to share with you. The survey was pretty crucial on helping them get an understanding on what the fans want. Thank you for those who did take the time to fill it out. Definitely excited so far.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #17
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickazzflames View Post
Hey guys,

Had the first meeting and had some very good talks, I will keep you guys updated as I am given information that I am allowed to share with you. The survey was pretty crucial on helping them get an understanding on what the fans want. Thank you for those who did take the time to fill it out. Definitely excited so far.
Any more news you can share?
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #18
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

This is where the talk is these days.

Yeah, its a bad game right now with so much potential in game and in menus. Many of which have already been pointed out.
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #19
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickazzflames View Post
Hey guys,

Still nothing new? I read that we may see a NHL 16 teaser trailer today, hopefully that's true. i miss my EASHL Fata's
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2015, 07:38 AM   #20
Quis_Separabit
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

More customization with teams like jerseys and different arenas to play in
Quis_Separabit is offline   Reply With Quote