Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2024, 10:58 AM   #41
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
If you can hold Mang to the deadline at eat half his salary, I think you can likely get as good a package as you do trading him sooner. But with the cap set to increase maybe more teams will play ball in the offsesson to take him on for the full season.

In some cases I don't know if you get more trading today than waiting to the deadline and he's one of them.
What happens if we hold onto Mange and he still only got 10 goals by the deadline? He will still fetch nothing substantial IF there were even takers.

I say trade him ASAP...
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2024, 10:59 AM   #42
Lewis_D
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Well atleast now we know what the plan is for Markstrom.
Lewis_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:00 AM   #43
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Everyone seems to like Huska. I mean... you can't be really critical of the guy who'll control your ice-time next year but they seem genuine with their praise.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:02 AM   #44
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I love how much Miromanov appreciates playing in the NHL. He sounds hungry, and looking to take his game to the next level.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:02 AM   #45
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
What happens if we hold onto Mange and he still only got 10 goals by the deadline? He will still fetch nothing substantial IF there were even takers.

I say trade him ASAP...
I'm going to bank on him wanting to get another contract after this and bouncing back. I think he'll show better, and I'd take the risk. What do you get if you trade him today? A 3rd maybe...at the deadline a 10-12 goal guy with good analytics likely gets a 4th. If he's at 20 it's better. I'd try and build him up.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2024, 11:03 AM   #46
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Not that I thought he wouldn’t be traded , but Markstrom is gone. We now have to hope he doesn’t handcuff the team and only want to go to one place . He holds all the cards
I don't know why he would. I could see him blocking any team he doesn't think has a chance of winning, but I don't see him being so in love with New Jersey (or anywhere else) that he says it's there or nowhere.

Given Brodeur's comments during the season, I still think the Devils are his likely destination, but all it takes is for one "favourite" to get bounced from the playoffs early due to weak goaltending for another suitor to join the discussion.

Would the Devils give up the 10th overall pick for him?
Old 04-19-2024, 11:05 AM   #47
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post

I say trade him ASAP...
I say trade him ASAP simply because we need his spot. I'd rather have his spot for Pelletier (or Coronato but I think Coronato could use another year in the AHL) for the full season then just hang onto Bread until the deadline in the hopes of maybe getting a marginally better return then you would if you move him in the offseason.
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2024, 11:06 AM   #48
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I don't know why he would. I could see him blocking any team he doesn't think has a chance of winning, but I don't see him being so in love with New Jersey (or anywhere else) that he says it's there or nowhere.

Given Brodeur's comments during the season, I still think the Devils are his likely destination, but all it takes is for one "favourite" to get bounced from the playoffs early due to weak goaltending for another suitor to join the discussion.

Would the Devils give up the 10th overall pick for him?
I think they might with retention. when they gave up 9th overall for Schneider, he was younger and had more value, but retention wasnt a thing back then, and holds tremendous value in today's NHL.

10th for Markstrom at 50%. Who says no?
HitterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:08 AM   #49
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

I hope you guys are right.

I see the Devil's first as a different animal now. When they were talking trade they were a bubble team (say 15th overall) with an expected Markstrom bump to say 18th overall.

Now it's a top ten pick.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2024, 11:09 AM   #50
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

My take on Andersson after watching his presser is that he is focused on winning a cup and my guess is he wouldn't be interested in being part of a rebuilding team that has no chance at making the playoffs. He was asked directly and he answered that he feels that the Flames do have the pieces to make the playoffs, so in my opinion, if Conroy, through his moves, indicates to Andersson that Conroy's goal is to make the playoffs every year, Andersson will want to stay. If it looks like the plan is to pick top 10 multiple years, he'll likely let Conroy know he'd rather be somewhere else where he can have a chance to make the playoffs.

Can't fault Rasmus for that.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:10 AM   #51
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I mean the Flames were open on shopping Markstrom...what else is he supposed to say?

I wanna be here but the management wants to trade me? He is in a no win situation no matter what he says.

He didn't ask for a trade and it was public that the Flames were shopping him. That's not him wanting to be gone but he is a proud player and probably wants to be somewhere that wants him.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:11 AM   #52
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

I see the Devil's first as a different animal now. When they were talking trade they were a bubble team (say 15th overall) with an expected Markstrom bump to say 18th overall.

Now it's a top ten pick.
They might do a 2025 pick (haven't looked to see if they have it). Plus other compensation.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:12 AM   #53
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

LOL. Okey that was funny
Old 04-19-2024, 11:16 AM   #54
Naitix
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Love Zary, probably next jersey once he chooses a number next year
Naitix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:20 AM   #55
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

Now it's a top ten pick.
Yeah... but Holtz was a rumored part of the return then as well. I'm certain that you wouldn't get Holtz + 10OA but I'm not so certain that they couldn't get just the 10OA.

Question: Say that Markstrom for the 10th overall is on the table... but they want the Vancouver 1st round pick as well... who says no?
Old 04-19-2024, 11:22 AM   #56
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has Mangiapane spoken yet? he is another guy whose future with the team feels uncertain.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:23 AM   #57
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
I love how much Miromanov appreciates playing in the NHL. He sounds hungry, and looking to take his game to the next level.
It's interesting. The Weegar-Miromanov pairing actually dominated play at five on five despite getting heavy d-zone starts. If they can continue that chemistry moving forward then we may have actually have a legitimate top pairing on our hands.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HighLifeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2024, 11:25 AM   #58
The Professor
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Yeah... but Holtz was a rumored part of the return then as well. I'm certain that you wouldn't get Holtz + 10OA but I'm not so certain that they couldn't get just the 10OA.

Question: Say that Markstrom for the 10th overall is on the table... but they want the Vancouver 1st round pick as well... who says no?
I think plus the Van pick it is possible. Tij plus Buium/Parekh/Silayev would be incredible.
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:28 AM   #59
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the best return you can hope for Markstrom at this point is maybe a lottery protected 2025 1st from NJ?
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 11:29 AM   #60
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Miromanov is awesome. Keep him forever

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: