Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2017, 05:35 PM   #521
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Raptors not looking good in the second half. Aren't they supposed to be a far superior team? They look horrible, down by 10 with the Bucks going to the line.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #522
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lowry and Joseph 7 pts combined... Pathetic
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:52 PM   #523
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is the worst half of basketball I have ever seen . 4/23 .... How is that possible
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #524
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I come home and turn on the TV and see this? Yikes, didn't expect that.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:52 PM   #525
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I come home and turn on the TV and see this? Yikes, didn't expect that.
Really? You must not watch much Raptors ball / that was a typical playoff game for them. They look like crap often and a first round dropout by far the most likely scenario. Even last year they stumbled through to the ECF with their top players playing pathetically.

I had hopes Tucker and Ibaka would give them some backbone but so far they look like they always do / you would never bet a nickel on this team / you never know how they will play / heck next game they could be back on track or they could lose four straight / neither would surprise me.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:31 PM   #526
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

They also had some sickness going through the locker room. Hopefully they'll be healthier and better going forward.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:01 PM   #527
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brutal game, lots of mental errors by the Raptors. They got away from the high efficiency, low turnover type of offense that is their bread and butter, and instead played into Milwaukee's trap of daring them to make risky passes. The stretch for Maker came up with a couple blocks was really key, because the Raptors stopped attacking the paint after that. Can't get intimidated, need to keep going after them.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #528
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Already a much better second half for the Raps than game 1. Also, the Celtics might get swept if they keep getting owned on the glass.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:02 PM   #529
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Raptors got lucky / more like the Bucks lost the game than they won it with them missing uncontested three pointers at the end. Casey does his usual idiotic play call at the end out of a timeout and dufus DD dribbles straight into the double / Lowry bails them out with a circus shot. Giannis is a great player and an actual star. They will be in tough on the road!
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St. Pats For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #530
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Bucks last lead was like 53-52. Not like they played great, the Raps just had far too many lapses into the laziness that caused the January slump. If they cut those out then they will still win the series. Also need to feed it to JV more inside, the Bucks are not big so work the inside out game and get some open threes or dribble drive opportunities.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #531
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
Raptors got lucky / more like the Bucks lost the game than they won it with them missing uncontested three pointers at the end. Casey does his usual idiotic play call at the end out of a timeout and dufus DD dribbles straight into the double / Lowry bails them out with a circus shot. Giannis is a great player and an actual star. They will be in tough on the road!
A lot like the first couple rounds last year, crappy game 1s, grit it out game 2s. Hopefully it follows the pattern with game 3 road wins. Full credit to Milwaukee, they're playing tough and smart ball, but they've also shot way above their season average in 3 point shots, I'm not convinced they keep that up. Raptors still running a very sloppy offense, something they're usually really good at. While you can never fully stop Giannis, I'm happy with the Raptors playing off him, letting him hit the occasional jumper. It's transition points, assists and offensive boards where he's killing us. He was 9 points on 4-12 shooting on jumpers, which is acceptable from a defensive perspective. Biggest factor in this series has to be rebounding, though. That was supposed to be a big advantage for the Raptors and so far Milwaukee has definitely been the aggressor on the boards. Those small lineups struggle with Milwaukee's length.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #532
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Worth noting that Jerry Stackhouse was just named the DNBA coach of the year, and the 905ers have a chance of advancing to the D-League finals tonight. I gotta admit, I did not think the Stackhouse signing was anything special, but given the fluidity of that roster (about 5 guys floating between the 905 and Raptors roster, plus losing a couple of their best non-affiliated players to NBA call-ups), it's impressive what he's been able to do... Not only in terms of making the 905ers competitive, but in every player (except maybe Bruno) who's been called up has looked solid.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:55 PM   #533
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Russ with 43 shots tonight lol. Still lost, and he only scored 51 which is nearly twice the number of shots he missed (26)
Old 04-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #534
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
This is the worst half of basketball I have ever seen . 4/23 .... How is that possible
They are trying to one up themselves tonight.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #535
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tonights game is an all time low, literally. How can this team be so bipolar? I admit I'm just watching the Canadiens/Rangers game as the team has been too painful to watch consistently all season. I couldn't care less if they drop out in the first round. Maybe then Lowry can be dealt.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #536
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Tonights game is an all time low, literally. How can this team be so bipolar? I admit I'm just watching the Canadiens/Rangers game as the team has been too painful to watch consistently all season. I couldn't care less if they drop out in the first round. Maybe then Lowry can be dealt.
This is pathetic. Makes Elliott look like a hero.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #537
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ibaka and Lowry clearly dislike each other strongly.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 04-20-2017 at 07:56 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #538
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Usually when you shoot better from deep than inside the arc, you're usually shooting the in the 30's or maybe 40's. Raps are in the 20's which should say it all. Bipolar is probably the apt description too, the poor shooting is one thing but just very lazy on defense too. Cavs rallied from 25 down tonight to win, so hey there's always a chance for another miracle.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #539
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Usually when you shoot better from deep than inside the arc, you're usually shooting the in the 30's or maybe 40's. Raps are in the 20's which should say it all. Bipolar is probably the apt description too, the poor shooting is one thing but just very lazy on defense too. Cavs rallied from 25 down tonight to win, so hey there's always a chance for another miracle.
I actually hope there isn't a run up. I want this team to be critiqued for their ####ty effort.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #540
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

At least a first round loss would allow us to move on from Casey.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competitive disparity , in masai we trust , minny is further north , nat'l blowout association , nba 2k17 is the bomb , swept away , yawnba