Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2024, 12:03 PM   #141
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always find it interesting when we talk media personalities on here.

We have a decent amount of consensus on someone like Ron (probably time to move on from him) and Bieksa (maybe the top media personality on Rogers).

But then I am so surprised at others' perceptions of a guy like Marek. I think he seems like a good dude, knowledgeable, but brings nothing. I just skip over 30 seconds when he talks on 32 thoughts.

I like Hrudey but many others don't. Megan Michelson seems super knowledgeable but i've seen enough say they can't stand her.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:10 PM   #142
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just make intermissions 15 minutes of Cabbie and Fan Duel promotions. Better that than 15 minutes of fondling McDavid.

I do miss the Satellite Hot Stove, as opposed to having the same panel every week. John Davidson was great.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 12:14 PM   #143
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

What's Peter Puck doing these days??
Old 03-25-2024, 04:27 PM   #144
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
What's Peter Puck doing these days??
Supposedly a reboot is coming...

Quote:
In August 2023, it was announced a new animated series is in production. The series will feature Peter Puck's sister Penny Puck
https://www.animationmagazine.net/20...r-puck-series/

Scorch would absolutely destroy Peter in any battle of anthropomorphic pucks, IMO.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 07:47 PM   #145
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba'alzamon View Post
What's Andi Petrillo doing these days?
I don't know specifically what Andi is up to but I believe she is a regular on some sort of talk show on TSN. She fills in on TSN's Overdrive periodically when the regulars are off.

She also does some hosting on CBC during the weekends when they have sports going on. Stuff like soccer or skiing or the sliding sports.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 08:41 PM   #146
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
He’s smarmy and wants to be McLean. He’s annoying to watch on tv and hear from. Two guys who want to be like McLean are Baukaskas and Marek. My dentist gets richer when they’re on tv because my enamel gets worn from grinding my teeth. I genuinely can’t stand on air hockey guys whose entire life and conversation revolves around hockey knowledge and being an encyclopedia. It’s goofy and too try hard.
I dunno, that just sounds like kids who absolutely lived and breathed this stuff but then turned it into a career and didn't lose that passion. Doesn't bother me in the least (even if I often dgaf about whatever they're saying)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
That would be a Rogers sales problem. I suspect the US broadcasts on the OLN network were able to get sponsors for intermission, if Rogers couldn't get sponsors for other segments then that is a problem on their end.
I phrased poorly...it was pretty unique that they had a specific sponsor with an actual short ad leading into the segment in the last several years. I can't think of that happening in any other sport broadcast off the top of my head and I suspect that was pretty lucrative compared to a single generic "brought to you by Huawei" (though that's repeated like 4 times in a broadcast)
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:50 PM   #147
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the problem is Rogers themselves. Whenever I see most of the people I can't stand on the panel, doing something else, I generally find it enjoyable. Yet HNIC is brutally bad.

Stuff like the constant Oilers love fest is just Rogers trying to capitalize on McDavid
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM   #148
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
I dunno, that just sounds like kids who absolutely lived and breathed this stuff but then turned it into a career and didn't lose that passion. Doesn't bother me in the least (even if I often dgaf about whatever they're saying)

I phrased poorly...it was pretty unique that they had a specific sponsor with an actual short ad leading into the segment in the last several years. I can't think of that happening in any other sport broadcast off the top of my head and I suspect that was pretty lucrative compared to a single generic "brought to you by Huawei" (though that's repeated like 4 times in a broadcast)

Very well could be. Hard to say. I just find many in society these days have a "look at me" artificial positivity to them. And when these individuals speak and reference some hockey book they read, or spoke to random hockey guy in AA, it reeks of artificiality. Which is why I like a lot of other hosts like David Amber or James Duthie. Because they don't try hard to show the audience or the higher ups that all they think about is hockey. It's clear they're there to make the audience laugh or ask others questions. Marek is a dork.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote