Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #401
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's awesome, and you power level from it if you are under level 20. I played with my buddy who was a level 16 at the start of our session and finished 3/4 of the way to level 19. May take my other character there and level up.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #402
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/des.../1100-6422497/

Queen's Wrath - 2 week long event

new bounties rewarding legendaries, rep grind blah blah etc.

I'm leaving town tomorrow for almost a week so I'll be missing out on a lot of it. But when I come back hopefully some of you guys are up for grinding and running some more stuff with me.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #403
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

And something just went seriously bat sh** crazy with that zone.

Edit: From the shooting point into the tunnel, fallen started zwrging from the green thing to the left, from the loot cave and from up on the hill to the right.

Went on for a good 5 mins and I didn't see no event gauge... Anyone else seen that?

Last edited by IgiTang; 09-23-2014 at 02:23 PM.
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #404
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

So I received an exotic weapon bounty for a yellow hand cannon. First step was to beat Phogoth on the moon strike, easy enough. Then I had to kill 500 Hive on the moon, again not too bad. But now I have to kill players in the crucible using only void damage, and dying hurts your progress (500 point goal, 5 points for a void dmg kill, -2 for dying). This step is a total bitch, especially since the only void weapon I have is a fusion rifle. It's really frustrating to have a bad match or two and watch all your progress just disappear, I figure I'll be on this one for a long time
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #405
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

So I've been hearing a lot of negative feed back on this game. As someone who wasn't overly interested in it from the get go, but is warming up to the idea of getting it, what is the cause of this negativity?

Just over-hype or are their some actual legitimate issues with the game?

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #406
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
What happened? I was hoping to head there after work.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #407
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
So I've been hearing a lot of negative feed back on this game. As someone who wasn't overly interested in it from the get go, but is warming up to the idea of getting it, what is the cause of this negativity?

Legitimate issues are:

- Repetitive quests. Almost every single story mission involves you traveling to an area, getting Dinklebot to open a door or hack a computer, and then fighting off waves of enemies before a miniboss shows up. Rinse and repeat.

- The story is almost non-existant and nothing is explained in-game, you're expected to read up on any Grimoire cards you unlock on Bungie's website to learn anything about the game or it's universe

- Lame strike missions that you have to grind at the end game to advance. There's no real interesting mechanics to any of them, it's just fighting through wave after wave until you get to an end boss and fighting yet more waves while spending 10-15 minutes shooting endless rounds into a bullet sponge

PvP is still pretty fun though, despite some weapons and abilities being horribly unbalanced. That's where I've been spending most of my time
Old 09-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #408
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:

It's the best game I've played in years.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StrykerSteve For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 02:40 PM   #409
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
So I received an exotic weapon bounty for a yellow hand cannon. First step was to beat Phogoth on the moon strike, easy enough. Then I had to kill 500 Hive on the moon, again not too bad. But now I have to kill players in the crucible using only void damage, and dying hurts your progress (500 point goal, 5 points for a void dmg kill, -2 for dying). This step is a total bitch, especially since the only void weapon I have is a fusion rifle. It's really frustrating to have a bad match or two and watch all your progress just disappear, I figure I'll be on this one for a long time
Getting Thorn is definitely a PITA. Worst part is doing the last mission which requires you to do the Moon strike again, but this time waiting until a specific unit spawns before killing Phogoth.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #410
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Getting Thorn is definitely a PITA. Worst part is doing the last mission which requires you to do the Moon strike again, but this time waiting until a specific unit spawns before killing Phogoth.
Awesome, more repetition
Old 09-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #411
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
And apparently the gun isn't even that good, with the same damage as legendary hand cannons but a smaller clip and longer reload time. Think I'm just going to save myself the headache and abandon it
Old 09-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #412
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post

Edit: From the shooting point into the tunnel, fallen started zwrging from the green thing to the left, from the loot cave and from up on the hill to the right.

Went on for a good 5 mins and I didn't see no event gauge... Anyone else seen that?
This happens when the enemy moves on each other, its just a random npc event but yeah they are tough mobs
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #413
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
It's the best game I've played in years.
It's good and fun but I think this is a dramatic overstatement. It is pretty repetitive, lacks innovation, and sucks at building it's world/lore (which is actually pretty important in this type of game).

It looks amazing and is a blast with friends though.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #414
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty they can improve. That doesn't change the fact that it's the most fun I've had with a game in a very, very long time.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #415
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
Don't get me wrong, there's plenty they can improve. That doesn't change the fact that it's the most fun I've had with a game in a very, very long time.
Best game and funnest game are 2 very very different things.

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #416
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sometimes a game comes along and it's exactly what you've been craving for a while. That's this game for me. I'm having a blast with it. But key things would be that I never play it alone and am really enjoying the world's they created.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #417
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
Best game and funnest game are 2 very very different things.

I disagree!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #418
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Well with the feedback I got here, count me out.

The idea of a repetitive grind where the bosses are little more than bullet sponges is just not very appealing. Without any lore to help the immersion and any real reason to do that grind, I guess it isn't shocking that there's negativity floating around.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #419
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Destiny is a tough one. It's very fun but very shallow. It could have easily been GOTY material or even generation but Bungie settled for less. They didn't even try in some areas of the game as every single little cave is identical inside as are a lot of rooms in levels. There's a very small handful of enemies and as has been said you just do the same missions over and over. All of that said I still enjoy playing it and I don't know of many people that haven't at least had fun playing it.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #420
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Well with the feedback I got here, count me out.

The idea of a repetitive grind where the bosses are little more than bullet sponges is just not very appealing. Without any lore to help the immersion and any real reason to do that grind, I guess it isn't shocking that there's negativity floating around.
It's at the very beginning of a 10 year shelf life. I think they purposely made it shallow so they have plenty of room to expand without having to rehash things

There will be plenty of lore and more things to do in the future.
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote