Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #2201
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
It's actually not that bad. The problem with people trying to kill their knights is you sometimes get some people who are just not good at precision hits or panic when the knights get halfway to the blight, thus making more mistakes.

Here's a video explaining how it's done:

And this strategy is full proof. People have ran it with players with 0 experience in the oryx raid and came out ok. So the order is:
1. bring orges to 10% of health
2. relic runner comes to left platform.
3. Everyone goes to left platform.
4. someone preferably bubble blessings of light
5. stagger oryx
6. kill all orges and detonate.
That doesn't look too bad actually. I thought you guys were staying in the middle.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #2202
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviaant View Post
I have been playing Destiny off and on for a bit now, and I've got my hunter up to level 28 now. By no stretch of the imagination am I really good at Destiny or any fps really. I have been staring at the Vault of glass raid recently.

I know its a pretty low level raid for some of you but I was wondering if any of you maybe wanted to give it a go with me sometime.

My PSN is MaxFandango (I chose that name when I bought a vita and still in the "I will only ever play my Xbox" phase)

Again I say I am not really good at Destiny and I will probably EFF up more than once so if we play please don't freak out on me haha.

Being no good leaves me a tad hesitant to just find some random group. I really don't care to deal with Mr. Highstrung gamer.
You can join my raid group or a group of cp'ers we play with. I'm sure we'd be ok to do VoG again. I'll add you tonight.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #2203
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Sounds good. Don't get me wrong I'm not horrible I'm just not hardcore I guess...
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:57 PM   #2204
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

We should plan it the next time the daily comes around for the exotic pulse rifle. You need to kill Atheon as a quest step and I'd be happy to run through it with you
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #2205
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

a buddy and I actually need to do Vault for an exotic weapon quest so I'm in. I'm sure he'll be in as well.

PSN is Diverce.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #2206
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
It's actually not that bad. The problem with people trying to kill their knights is you sometimes get some people who are just not good at precision hits or panic when the knights get halfway to the blight, thus making more mistakes.

Here's a video explaining how it's done:

And this strategy is full proof. People have ran it with players with 0 experience in the oryx raid and came out ok. So the order is:
1. bring orges to 10% of health
2. relic runner comes to left platform.
3. Everyone goes to left platform.
4. someone preferably bubble blessings of light
5. stagger oryx
6. kill all orges and detonate.

Did this strat last night and got Oryx down pretty quick. Although I will say it does nullify the Knights, it adds in some randomness of ogres killing people or moving around and can make the timing on the bomb detonation more difficult
Old 10-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #2207
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'll add you tonight tj
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:16 AM   #2208
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
a buddy and I actually need to do Vault for an exotic weapon quest so I'm in. I'm sure he'll be in as well.

PSN is Diverce.
I need to do this as well, and have a few friends at this stage too.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:30 AM   #2209
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just love VoG, so I'd run it just for fun. I've heard about it as a quest step, but I'm not sure how that even activates? I just don't play enough to keep up with all these daily missions triggering things - I can barely keep up with running the daily crucible for the marks plus running the raid. And this is just one character.

Next time I play, I'll add you Tj. And I was totally felt the same way as you early on, where I was uncomfortable with joining a pick up group. In reality, its really a low risk issue. If you run into a group of bad guys, just politely say this isn't the group for you and leave and find another group. I'd say 90% of the groups I've played with are awesome, helpful, and all around fun. Just be honest with your skill level, experience and what you are comfortable doing. Everyone then adjusts accordingly and you have a great time.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:41 AM   #2210
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Sooo close to beating Oryx yesterday. We had him down to a tiny sliver, but then lost track of him in the very last shade and ran out of time... so frustrating!
Took nearly 2 hours, but finally done! By far the most annoying thing was trying to kill that shade after you get teleported. Wiped a bunch of times just by running out of time in there. But I came out of it with a 313 chest piece and 319 auto rifle. Not sure how I feel about that auto-rifle though. Probably just eventually infuse it into something else heh.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:26 AM   #2211
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I need to do this as well, and have a few friends at this stage too.
Awesome. I gotta get Diemenz to the Vault step as I'm pretty sure he's at the beginning part where he needs to kill the taken minotaur
Old 10-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #2212
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Did this strat last night and got Oryx down pretty quick. Although I will say it does nullify the Knights, it adds in some randomness of ogres killing people or moving around and can make the timing on the bomb detonation more difficult
It worked well enough for me with some pugs but the number of things that could go wrong were too many. Much prefer the double bubble strategy where you burn the ogres down with ToM. Worst part is just running during the bombing phase.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Jbo
Old 10-29-2015, 08:05 PM   #2213
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
It worked well enough for me with some pugs but the number of things that could go wrong were too many. Much prefer the double bubble strategy where you burn the ogres down with ToM. Worst part is just running during the bombing phase.
I agree, but it seems this weeks groups only wants to do the "easy" method
Old 10-30-2015, 05:48 PM   #2214
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Tonight is the kids' Halloween dance and tomorrow night is All Hallow's Eve, so I won't be on Destiny too much. However... I'm on vacation for the next 9 days so I plan on running HM King's Fall at least twice in that timeframe. Would be up for an all-CP run if there's enough interest.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:04 AM   #2215
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
Tonight is the kids' Halloween dance and tomorrow night is All Hallow's Eve, so I won't be on Destiny too much. However... I'm on vacation for the next 9 days so I plan on running HM King's Fall at least twice in that timeframe. Would be up for an all-CP run if there's enough interest.
I'm in
Old 10-31-2015, 09:37 AM   #2216
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm liking the new trials bounties. Makes getting those Silver and Gold tier packages a lot more obtainable.

Guy I played with yesterday got a 311 exotic helm from the silver package.

Can get a casual group together now and not feel like your beating your head against a wall hoping to get some loot, they opened it up for everyone it seems.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:30 AM   #2217
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
I'm working from home most days next week. My mornings are usually good, but Friday I have off.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:55 PM   #2218
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

my destiny has finally updated what class would ppl recommend i was thinking titan because I like tanking in wow, but they are very different games
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2015, 02:27 PM   #2219
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
my destiny has finally updated what class would ppl recommend i was thinking titan because I like tanking in wow, but they are very different games
As a base they'll handle very similarly. Titans aren't necessarily the tankiest (they do have marginally health/armor). Just got for whichever interests you when you watch videos of the Super/abilities.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2015, 05:58 PM   #2220
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

thankyou i ran a titan
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote