Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #181
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can someone tell me if it's worth exploring to find loot in some of these big areas or is that just a waste of time and any loot will be in the direction of you mission? I don't mind spending time exploring to find loot but I don't want to waste my time on that if it's not worth it. I need to upgrade badly but it seems like you don't get much from missions alone at least the early ones.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #182
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Sounds like Destiny has a bit of an identity crisis.
That comes with trying to come up with a revolutionary title. It's easy to put a fresh coat on an existing polished franchise like GTA, Halo, Uncharted and get universally high scores. It's much more difficult to come out with an new IP that is trying to do something different and hit on every mark. The game feels very polished but it seems maybe it won't quite meet their high ambitions but nevertheless it's a good start as the industry needs new ideas and IP's to drive games forward.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #183
flamesfan6
First Line Centre

Exp:

So far all i've been able to find is the first 4 missions of the story, I got some level bounties which include 9 patrol missions, where do you find patrol missions and side missions that are not part of the main story?

Just I noticed on my last mission it would be nice to be at least the same level as the mission, being level 3 on the first level 4 was a bit tough at one part of it and would like to be able to find XP outside the story missions.

Does that more open up after the first few story missions?
flamesfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #184
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Can someone tell me if it's worth exploring to find loot in some of these big areas or is that just a waste of time and any loot will be in the direction of you mission? I don't mind spending time exploring to find loot but I don't want to waste my time on that if it's not worth it. I need to upgrade badly but it seems like you don't get much from missions alone at least the early ones.
Few chests and golden chests can only be found in specific missions like the Devils Lair strike on Earth (last boss map). All the other ones are accessible on any mission or if you're just doing a patrol mission (exploring).

On a side note if you get all 5 gold chests on Earth, you do get an upgraded Sparrow for more speed/durability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan6 View Post
So far all i've been able to find is the first 4 missions of the story, I got some level bounties which include 9 patrol missions, where do you find patrol missions and side missions that are not part of the main story?

Just I noticed on my last mission it would be nice to be at least the same level as the mission, being level 3 on the first level 4 was a bit tough at one part of it and would like to be able to find XP outside the story missions.

Does that more open up after the first few story missions?
Leveling generally happens from either finding missions or finishing bounties. The patrol mission itself is basically finding the mini-quests for Vanguard repuation or exploring wherever you want. Generally though the layout of how it's 3+ story mission, Patrol/Explore mission, planet specific Strike is consistent.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #185
PowerPlayoffs06
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

To do the Patrol Missions look for the green octagon with the arrow in it. It's called "Patrol Cosmodrome - Level 4 Patrol." You land in the Cosmodrome area and get to free roam. Push the touch pad, assuming you're on PS4, to bring up Ghost and he'll HUD the locations of beacons for you to go find and download mission broadcasts. Missions are tasks like kill X amount of enemies, go scout a certain area, collect certain items off enemy kills, etc.

I found the first few levels didn't quite give me enough XP to keep up with the mission level so I had to replay a couple story missions. Once I was able to start doing bounties though, it got better with the extra bonus XP for completing them.

In the multiplayer stuff I've tried so far, like The Devil's Lair stike and the open world events, they all seem pretty over tuned. The stike involved a lot of revive/respawn in order to whittle down the waves of enemies and I haven't seen a successful defeat of a world event yet. The timer always runs out too quickly. It's like not enough people are showing up for the world events, so they need to either remove/extend the timers or reduce the strength so the people who do come have a chance.
PowerPlayoffs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #186
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

What are the open world events? How do you do those?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #187
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
What are the open world events? How do you do those?
They're random. I had a few happen in the beta, usually it's just a huge boss appearing in the middle of free roam and everyone works together to take it down.

Like this.

codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #188
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn. Half a billion for Destiny already after just 24 hours.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #189
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Figured out how to get the group turned into a clan, so now it will actually effect your in-game experience. Sorry, thought a Group was the same thing.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Playstation/177698

Need at least three people to join the clan from the group before it becomes "active".
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:59 AM   #190
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
Figured out how to get the group turned into a clan, so now it will actually effect your in-game experience. Sorry, thought a Group was the same thing.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Playstation/177698

Need at least three people to join the clan from the group before it becomes "active".
How does it affect our in game experience?
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #191
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

As far as I know, you'll have a tag under your name now, and so will anyone else in the clan. It will allow us to tell who on our friend lists is from the clan so we can easily join up for fire teams.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #192
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is anyone using headsets w/mics?

I'm wondering if it would be for strategy like SOCOM or just random crap like COD...

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #193
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Too bad we cant trade items and equipment.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #194
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TC- View Post
Is anyone using headsets w/mics?

I'm wondering if it would be for strategy like SOCOM or just random crap like COD...
I use the earbud/mic that comes with the PS4 every time I play. Communication is half the fun!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #195
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I use the earbud/mic that comes with the PS4 every time I play. Communication is half the fun!
cool, ok. if we are doing a clan thing then I'll mic up

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -TC- For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #196
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

This game is pretty anti-social for being all online. I wish I could talk to everyone whenever I wanted.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #197
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

You can speak to someone. Click R3, invite to Fireteam and talk with them.

Just remember, if they are in PSN party chat, you won't hear anything on the fireteam channel.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #198
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll (hopefully) be starting up tonight (8:30ish) if anyone wants to join me.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #199
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You can speak to someone. Click R3, invite to Fireteam and talk with them.

Just remember, if they are in PSN party chat, you won't hear anything on the fireteam channel.
I know that, but it would be pretty neat if you could chat with anyone that's close to you without being in their fireteam.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #200
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost reached 20 with my Warlock, still debating between Sunsinger and Voidwalker.

If anything I'm more so tempted to make a Defender Titan since I find myself just jumping into the thick of things, meleeing mostly.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote