Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #41
DOOM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
That could be but I still don't think Reinhart has looked as NHL ready as the other kids that have been called up. Gaudreau, Grandlund and Jooris, NHL players. Ferland and Backlund tweeners, not sure yet. Reinhart looks lost and not ready. He's still 22, still time, ditto for Baertschi who just turned 21. Jooris obviously didn't make the jump until he was 24.

Corban Knight is now 24, if he sticks it'll be a lost opportunity for Reinhart and another guy that has passed him.
Baertschi just turned 22, but I agree there is still lots of time for him.
DOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #42
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

No room for Reinhart as the 3 no/low grit spots are taken by Gaudreau, Baertschi and Hudler...

Granlund is playing significantly grittier as has Monahan,

When Raymond comes back look for Baertschi to sit be moved down.

This year the Flames are going with the 3 less gritty player rather than the 6 they were playing 2 years ago.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #43
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Reinhart in this showing did not show much. That said, Not sure why posters are giving up on him? He looked great in last years call-up.

Good to see knight getting called up. We can use another right hand.

Would have liked to see Wotherspoon recalled. Not a fan of Diaz.
It's not so much giving up on a player in this case as it is realising there are just that many players in our system that are better than him either now or in the future.

Reinhart will be an NHL player. But if it isn't with the Flames, it has more to do with us having a top 3 farm system than anything Max has done.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:42 PM   #44
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clearly Max Reinhart has no future on this team. I mean, you can't have a player named Max on your team and then give number 86 to someone else.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:01 AM   #45
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Get Smart is a real old school reference. Finger gun = awsome
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:28 AM   #46
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the Flames decided Max Reinhart is not a 4th line centre and playing him on the 4th with Bollig and Bouma won't do him any good. Knight is more fitting in that role I think.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:47 AM   #47
Mister Yamoto
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I wouldn't mind seeing them platoon all of the AFlames forwards so most of them at least get a look. I like this move.

The Flames are 5 callups deep and we have not seen Hanowski, Agostino, Poirier, Wolf, VanBramBrant3000 etc. The depth of forward prospects is overkill.
Mister Yamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:50 AM   #48
DOOM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Yamoto View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing them platoon all of the AFlames forwards so most of them at least get a look. I like this move.

The Flames are 5 callups deep and we have not seen Hanowski, Agostino, Poirier, Wolf, VanBramBrant3000 etc. The depth of forward prospects is overkill.
Arnold should be included, imo.
DOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DOOM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 05:57 AM   #49
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looking forward to getting a look at another good forward prospect in Knight.

All these injuries have afforded Treliving and Hartley a chance to see how these guys play when it really matters. The PBP guys mentioned in the SN broadcast for the Chicago game that Granlund, for example, didn't have a very strong camp but, now that the chips are down, he's showing exactly what he's capable of. Knight might be another player who performs better now that it's the real quiz.

As a side note, I loved the game that Ferland brought against Chicago. We haven't had a prospect of his style in a very, very long time. His board play reminded me of vintage Iggy, and he has soft hands for a big guy. He's yet another young guy I would like to see stick around.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #50
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad to see Knight getting a look and them doing a bit of a rotation here (though I am surprised Arnold wasn't called first). Agree that Reinhart didn't do enough to exclude himself from said rotation.

With respect to Ferland, he is the real deal IMO. I think that as soon as he gains his confidence at the NHL level and the game slows down a bit for him, he is here to stay. And I think that happens soon.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #51
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this is simply a matter of Knight fitting a 4th line role more than Max. Having Reinhart on the 4th line with Bollig is a waste, let him play in Addy.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #52
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

NM, wrong thread
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #53
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I think this is simply a matter of Knight fitting a 4th line role more than Max. Having Reinhart on the 4th line with Bollig is a waste, let him play in Addy.
Also Knight is really good on faceoffs, isn't he? With Granlund struggling, we have 3 strong options with Jooris and Mono now.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #54
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Also Knight is really good on faceoffs, isn't he? With Granlund struggling, we have 3 strong options with Jooris and Mono now.
Didn't even think of that. Very true
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #55
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Reinhart will get more chances.

Knight might not get many more chances as a 24 year old, and its gonna get pretty crowded around here if he can make an impression.

To bad for Max, but I look forward to seeing how this turns out.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #56
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Poor Rhino heart.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #57
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Knight 4 hits in 6:44 of ice time.

Reinhart had 1 hit in 4 games.

The NCAA guys (Knight, Jooris Hankowski, Agostino) seem to have a better understanding of the game they have to play need to do to break into the NHL. Maybe because they were older when they turned pro.

Jooris , while highlighting his skating and skills, still paid attention to not being a physical liability 21 hits in 15 games.

It took and is taking Backlund , Baertschi, Rienhart, Byron and even Monahan (CHL players) a lot longer to figure out that they need to play with some grit to be successful in the NHL

Maybe in the CHL these players were put in the pure skill roles and not expected or asked to do the physical play... they were too valuable to the team.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ricardodw For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #58
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post

The NCAA guys (Knight, Jooris Hankowski, Agostino) seem to have a better understanding of the game they have to play need to do to break into the NHL. Maybe because they were older when they turned pro.

Jooris , while highlighting his skating and skills, still paid attention to not being a physical liability 21 hits in 15 games.

It took and is taking Backlund , Baertschi, Rienhart, Byron and even Monahan (CHL players) a lot longer to figure out that they need to play with some grit to be successful in the NHL

Maybe in the CHL these players were put in the pure skill roles and not expected or asked to do the physical play... they were too valuable to the team.
Or all the NCAA guys are older and stronger and had more time to prepare for the physical side of the game before they came up.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #59
waner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post

That seems like a giant load of BS.

Not sure what Hanowski or Agostino did better than Reinhart to show they know what it takes to stay in the NHL since they haven't been back up since their unimpressive debuts last year.

You do a great job of neglecting Monahan and Ferland for some reason who both did just fine in providing "grit" in their time up in the NHL.

But hey this is based on Knight having 4 hits in 6:44 so it isn't like logic or common sense is what you are really looking at here.
waner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #60
ramizle
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waner View Post
That seems like a giant load of BS.

You do a great job of neglecting Monahan and Ferland for some reason who both did just fine in providing "grit" in their time up in the NHL.

But hey this is based on Knight having 4 hits in 6:44 so it isn't like logic or common sense is what you are really looking at here.

Why you mad bro?