Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #21
JJ1532
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Can't gift the Hawks 2 goals to start the game
Its not just about the 2 goal head start, its about the bad turnovers and poor mistakes made defensively all game. I mean, how did Seabrook get all that time and space to score their 3rd? And the play by Hiller for the 4th, man that was terrible. Diaz, Engelland and Smid had terrible games. None of them are capable of playing on the 2nd line.

But, loads to be positive about. We competed hard as per, gave the Hawks a right old game. PP was generally pretty good, the forwards collectively had their best game tonight, wasn't just one or 2 that had good shifts like in most games.

After winning this series 4-3, we can now start a fresh series against the Devils full of confidence that we've faced off against the best the West has to offer and not come up short by much at all. Not bad for a 2nd year rebuild team.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #22
Mony
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I like Kane. And Toews. Hate Seabrook.

Loved the effort tonight, boys. Can't win them all but we sure can hang around. Proud of the team. Johnny looked frustrated tonight but he did get an apple.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #23
Serapth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hiller gave back the two points he stole earlier.

That was Calgary the better team frankly, soft goal and a brain dead play. Hate to say it but you can put that lose entirely on the goalie.

He just wasn't that great... 4 goals on 22 shots. Not going to win much with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Serapth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #24
automaton 3
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wrong guy to give it away to, Kane made no mistake.

Good effort. i thought Chicago struggled with the Flames speed and tenacity at times.

Flames need Russell back asap.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #25
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

crappy night, flipping between this and the chiefs and KC found a way to lose and then giving the cab mugger the gwg
Old 11-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #26
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

The GT title was statement game. The statement was made even tho they lost. The statement that this is a competitive team and the will not gift you a win.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #27
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good game, great effort. Can't win them all.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #28
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was already 3-3 when I tuned in, but it looked to me like the Flames played one of the strongest teams in the league pretty even. Both teams really looked good out there, but Crawford outplayed Hiller, and th-th-that's all, folks!
Old 11-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #29
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psytic View Post
Kane actually giving us props on the Hawks broadcast
Well that's good . Even if he is a Homophobic Cab mugger.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #30
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #31
JJ1532
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hmm, Byron with the 2nd star? He had his usual effective night, but I felt Jooris stood out way more tonight. Such a smart player, his reads and decision making both on and off the puck are virtually flawless. Add that to his energy and production and that makes for an incredibly effective piece the Flames have acquired from almost nowhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ1532 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #32
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Well that's good . Even if he is a Homophobic Cab mugger.
Calling someone a f*g on the ice is far from being homophobic. Poor choice of words, sure. Would I be willing to bet he isn't the only one to say it on a nightly basis and that worse is not said, 100%.

Would I be willing to bet Kane is a cab mugger - also 100% lol

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #33
Serapth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
It was already 3-3 when I tuned in, but it looked to me like the Flames played one of the strongest teams in the league pretty even. Both teams really looked good out there, but Crawford outplayed Hiller, and th-th-that's all, folks!
To be honest, Crawford was garbage until the final 10 minutes, he got really lucky the score was as low as it was. His rebound control was about as bad as I've ever seen from him.

... That game was certainly not a goaltending clinic.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #34
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

We gave up 22 shots to a team that averages over 37 a game. I thought we played pretty great defense and Hiller wasn't able to give us a big save tonight. Plus, that giveaway was pretty terrible. Keep alternating between him and Ramo for a while. Hiller is better when he's pushed.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #35
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love this team. Can't complain about taking arguably the most talented team to the last second.

Jooris keeps on impressing, this kid might be one of the best finds since our captain!

Baertchi at times looked completely lost in the defensive zone. But still had some offensive flare. I think if he watches tapes on how JG plays defense he might learn something.

Granlund....what more can anyone else say about him. He deserves to be an NHLer. Great hockey IQ and uses his limited size very well.

Ferland impressed once again. Hope to see him get more chances vs NJ and in a more prominent role, possibly over Bouma.

Last thing I can think of, man is there ever a difference when Kris Russel is replaced by Diaz.....I miss watching the bull fighters son play.

Great game and can't at all be mad with the effort put forward.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #36
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Flames Fan View Post
We gave up 22 shots to a team that averages over 37 a game. I thought we played pretty great defense and Hiller wasn't able to give us a big save tonight. Plus, that giveaway was pretty terrible. Keep alternating between him and Ramo for a while. Hiller is better when he's pushed.
I agree. In the GT I commented on how possession was not a good indicator of the game. The flames allowed the hawks to cycle all they wanted and for the most part, kept the dangerous shots away. When the flames had the cycle I felt they were much more dangerous.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 11-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #37
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Kind of an ugly goal to lose the game on, but the Flames played pretty well. Especially considering they got off to such an ugly start. Oh well, on to the next one.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #38
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a terrible game by Hiller, but another not-great-either. Have to think #1 spot is up for debate again. Goaltending was really the difference tonight, Crawford was clearly better.

Great game. Love Jooris and the usual suspects (Monahan, Giordano, Brodie, Hudler...)

- Looks to me like Glencross is missing some strength from his hands. Some odd weak passes and slow to shoot.

- 'Hawks pretty blatantly attacked the weak links in our defense; Engelland, Smid and especially Diaz. I thought Diaz did okay under those circumstances. Still not a great player, but seems to be calming down.

- A little surprised that Bollig got so little icetime. He looked pretty good when he was on the ice I think.

- Even though we didn't win, we passed another test. Chicago needed their best effort plus a bit of luck to beat us tonight. No better teams in the NHL than the 'Hawks, so that's a big deal.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #39
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

With our skating ability we should be able to put a few hits on Kane early on. We weren't nearly physical enough as a forward group in particular.

Wideman is well worth his contract this season.

Is there a better 1-4 d core in the league?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #40
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Gotta give the team credit for coming back after being down 2-0 so early in the game.

The play of Hiller has started to decline a bit. The weak attempt to pass the puck to Wideman cost us.